Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Your reforging/gemming is fine. You should definitely be using frost bomb. The only reason not to use frost bomb is if you have LotC or Breath of the Hydra. I'm not sure why you're using prescence of mind in pve is since ice floes lets you do 4 casts while moving in the same time.

Like I said before 5+ use flamestrike on cd but don't waste FoF or BF procs to cast it. I wouldn't use blizzard until you get to 10+ targets.
    I personally never use blizzard: Frost bomb, FB and IL and FFB on proc. Mad damage.

Bomb choice would change with trink, obv.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever use flamestrike or blizzard as fillers like frostbolt. I'll always use frost bomb or FoF/BF over them.

Flamestrike is a bit complicated to work out because its damage changes depending if whatever its on dies before the full affect happens.

There's no point using aoe on the first couple fights as far as I can tell. Horridon adds move around too much and die too quick and I don't think there's enough bats on tortos to justify using it.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Has anyone else noticed these massive Frost bugs in ToT?

- Orb goes backwards to the left (no matter how you face) on Megaera unless standing at the edge of the platform
    - Water elemental despawns sometimes when you use Alter Time on Durumu

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minimemage View Post

- Orb goes backwards to the left (no matter how you face) on Megaera unless standing at the edge of the platform
    Armor (mage, molten or frost) disappear sometimes after death, zone changing and talent/glyph swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't noticed armor disappearing after zone changing or death but you definitely lose it after changing talents or glyphs.

It really shouldn't be removed unless you change the glyph of armors in some way. At least in 5.1 it was only removed when changing glyphs but now with it being affected by talents too its really annoying. I swap between ice barrier and temporal shield a lot.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

So I just ran the new simcraft and it appears crit beats haste for my gear. Anyone has gotten similar results? Left mostly everything on default patchwerk, 50k iterations.

Im at 10.7k haste atm and 4k crit. Ilvl 511.

I believe if crit even pulls ahead on single target patchwork it will be even stronger on cleave fights, and there are many in ToT (FoF icelance benefits from crit far more then frostbolt). What do you guys think, and what results did you guys get from simcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    I simmed myself with various reforges and gemmings and here's the results. I'm ilvl 500 with Volatile/RoY.

Code:
    Haste>Crit (haste reforge and haste gemming)   17.3k int, 7.3k haste, 3.9k crit. 113,281 dps

Haste>Crit (haste reforge int/haste gemming)   18.1k int, 5.7k haste, 3.9k crit. 115,374 dps

Crit>Haste (crit reforge int/haste gemming)    18.1k int, 3.5k haste, 6.1k crit. 114,520 dps

Crit>Haste (crit reforge and int/crit gemming) 18.1k int, 3.1k haste, 6.5k crit. 114,330 dps

Crit>Haste (crit reforge and crit gemming)     17.3k int, 3.1k haste, 8.1k crit. 112,859 dps
    The crit is 27.61% in the last one and I had 100% crit rate on FoF and BF in the sim. As you can see though it was a substantial dps loss.

All the sims were done with frost bomb except the first one which was done with nt (haste reforge and haste gemming).

It's pretty much identical to 5.1.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-03-07 at 06:34 PM.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I tried swapping mine and it came back the exact same as 5.1. I'm ilvl 500 (damn my off-hand and RoY being better then normal EoT)

Haste>Crit I've got 5.7k haste and 3.9k crit. 115,374 dps

Crit>Haste I've got 3.5k haste and 6.1k crit. 114,520 dps

I'm using frost bomb and int gemming.

I'm guessing you changed your gemming/reforging and simmed both and didn't just look at your stat weights?(just checking )
    I just looked at the stat weights, ill reforge/regem and sim again to confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    EDIT: consolidated everything back into my post just above this one.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-03-07 at 06:06 PM.
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Minimemage View Post

I experienced both these problems. Reported the Frost Orb bug (and had to run up to the front to drop it in front of the boss every time), but not the one on Durumu.

Deleted
    @jtmzac: interesting that n°2 and n°3 are only apart by 800 dps. It's even put you under IV cap.
    Why not testing with haste (IV) > crit (cap) > haste > mastery > crit ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    @jtmzac: interesting that n°2 and n°3 are only apart by 800 dps. It's even put you under IV cap.
    Why not testing with haste (IV) > crit (cap) > haste > mastery > crit ?
    Well I did the sims and now I'm just confused.
    Code:
    Haste to IV cap>Crit>haste 18,030 int, 4747 haste, 4725 crit. 115,056 dps

Haste to IV cap>Crit>haste 18,030 int, 4747 haste, 4725 crit. 114,091 dps
    The first one is with the glyph of IV and the second is without. I probably need to change the action list to stop it using IV and hero at the same time for the second one. I'll do that now.

It seems like haste's value is dropping very sharply after the IV cap and I'm not even hitting the 50% cap with trinket procs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 08:04 AM ----------

Well I tried changing the action list and all it did was lower the dps when not using the glyph even more to 113,013.

I'm pretty confident now that it has absolutely nothing to do with the IV haste cap.

---------- Post added 2013-03-08 at 08:14 AM ----------

Is there any software of web tools to let me select/reforge/gem gear then import it into simcraft thats up to date? I really don't want to manually do everything in askmrrobot and then manually enter it into simcraft.
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-03-07 at 09:14 PM.
    Armory

How big nerf is the change to water elemental's Freeze? (doing no damage now, bosses are immune - no FoF procs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    How big nerf is the change to water elemental's Freeze? (doing no damage now, bosses are immune - no FoF procs)
    The increased FoF proc means it works out to be the same but when you start trying to do dps while moving you notice its gone.
    Armory

Deleted
    happen to loose armor anytime I change glyphs, and I change bomb almost every fight.

Is this happening to everyone ? I remember loosing armor only after a respec in 5.1....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    happen to loose armor anytime I change glyphs, and I change bomb almost every fight.

Is this happening to everyone ? I remember loosing armor only after a respec in 5.1....
    Scroll up the page :P
    Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post

Always lost Armors on glyph change. Now you lose them on talent change too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Always lost Armors on glyph change. Now you lose them on talent change too.
    Oh shit I meant talent.

I don't see the point of this, it's annoying..

Jtmzac, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you set things up on our site, you can click the export button (right side of the 'action menu'). That will spit out a file that SimC should be able to read. We use it all the time for testing our stat weights.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Jtmzac, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. If you set things up on our site, you can click the export button (right side of the 'action menu'). That will spit out a file that SimC should be able to read. We use it all the time for testing our stat weights.
    ahh thanks for that. Had completely missed it.
    Armory