1. #1241
    Hello everyone! I want to start by saying i'm new to the mage community as i've just recently leveled my mage and am in the process of gearing him and raiding with him (506 ilvl). I have been doing some target dummy data collecting and it seems like with my current gear mastery is yielding higher overall damage than crit is for me. (I am following the Int>hit>Haste>mastery>crit and i've also done it with Int>Hit>Haste>crit(think it was 19% with reforge)>Mastery.


    What are you opinions on my situation? Also here is my armory link

    My mages name is Hizzledizzle. I can't post links until ive posted a couple times

    I don't have any logs to review atm since i've only just started raiding on the mage this week.

    I felt it was appropriate here since its not a "Fix my dps" thread just curious about stat weights at ilvl. If its in the wrong place could it please be moved?

  2. #1242
    Oh wow, I thought I was just getting really awful RNG. Glad to know Nathyiel also found that it had a lower proc rate.

  3. #1243
    Quote Originally Posted by REALHIZZLE View Post
    Hello everyone! I want to start by saying i'm new to the mage community as i've just recently leveled my mage and am in the process of gearing him and raiding with him (506 ilvl). I have been doing some target dummy data collecting and it seems like with my current gear mastery is yielding higher overall damage than crit is for me. (I am following the Int>hit>Haste>mastery>crit and i've also done it with Int>Hit>Haste>crit(think it was 19% with reforge)>Mastery.


    What are you opinions on my situation? Also here is my armory link

    My mages name is Hizzledizzle. I can't post links until ive posted a couple times

    I don't have any logs to review atm since i've only just started raiding on the mage this week.

    I felt it was appropriate here since its not a "Fix my dps" thread just curious about stat weights at ilvl. If its in the wrong place could it please be moved?
    Seems the general consensus is : Haste > Crit to 22/23% > Mast > More Crit

    I've had better results with this and it gives you more procs to so there's no "downtime" in numbers of procs (when you don't have Frozen Orb running)
    Made by mountandpetlover, big thanks !

  4. #1244
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxedwaffle View Post
    Oh wow, I thought I was just getting really awful RNG. Glad to know Nathyiel also found that it had a lower proc rate.
    I'll try and get on there before the weekend is over and test it and see whats up with it considering the proc rate. Not really much time as of late.

  5. #1245
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Go back on official forums you little beret wearing and fromage eating goblin mage .
    I don't like cheese but it could be cool to have a "beret" like hat for transmog ...

    back to subject. I won't post here my complete analysis, it's just too long but to resume it :
    2-piece bonus -- fun to play & very powerful but just unplayable at our current level of haste because of the way BF interact with bomb (more haste = more proc).
    If they want to keep it, they will have to separate BF from bomb for making it "rotational". THe 2-piece bonus feel really good with a BF every 8s+.

    4-piece bonus -- cool effect.
    It could have been better if it effectively proc from BF use and not from FB/FFB (like it does on PTR).
    Having it does a little AOE like : 10% damage in 5 yards could have make it interesting.

    For number, 50k damage could be the minimum but it's really too soon for this.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  6. #1246
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I don't like cheese but it could be cool to have a "beret" like hat for transmog ...

    back to subject. I won't post here my complete analysis, it's just too long but to resume it :
    2-piece bonus -- fun to play & very powerful but just unplayable at our current level of haste because of the way BF interact with bomb (more haste = more proc).
    If they want to keep it, they will have to separate BF from bomb for making it "rotational". THe 2-piece bonus feel really good with a BF every 8s+.

    4-piece bonus -- cool effect.
    It could have been better if it effectively proc from BF use and not from FB/FFB (like it does on PTR).
    Having it does a little AOE like : 10% damage in 5 yards could have make it interesting.

    For number, 50k damage could be the minimum but it's really too soon for this.
    I'm in the same boat as you with the feel. To me, it felt too much like I was trying to use up all the procs that just kept on proccing. There was a point where the frostbolt debuff almost faded because of how many frostfire bolt and ice lance procs I had. Just didn't feel very caster oriented, which I think is because I spent close to no time casting. As for the 50k, while I think that it's appropriate (considering the fact that we're suffering from scaling issues, which're only going to continue to hinder our dps), I don't think that the number they implement will be anywhere near that. I'm betting that it'll only be about 10k. And if that's the case, I'll probably just go for 2pc t16 and offset the rest.

  7. #1247
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    the damage will depend on a lot of factor but it will be like this : big but rare, little but pretty often or in-between.

    But first of all, this bonus can change a lot before release. This is why isn't not important that it only do 1041 damages actually. We won't see any real number before 2 another week, and certainly more.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  8. #1248
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Having it does a little AOE like : 10% damage in 5 yards could have make it interesting.
    Sounds more fun than it really is. Having an uncontrollable AoE in your single target rotation can be quite a nuisance.

  9. #1249
    Bloodsail Admiral Nathyiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Sounds more fun than it really is. Having an uncontrollable AoE in your single target rotation can be quite a nuisance.
    5 yards isn't really AOE and we already did AOE damage in our single target rotation : Ice Lance cleave and Bomb aoe/cleave. ANd both are at 10 yards.
    The answers is 42
    -------------------------
    Nathyiel, TempteÐ (sargeras-EU) - @Nathyiel

  10. #1250
    If you didn't play the Beta Mists, then you missed out on the real "AoE threat while single target rotation" in the one form of Arcane Barrage with 6 charges. It was nuts.

    Anyway, I think this is probably one of the more fun set bonuses at least. We'll see what numbers do between now and release of the patch, but I wish we had more flavorful things like this in our tier. Even if it is *just* a +dmg bonus and is just a numbers thing like the rest, at least its dressed up a bit ><

  11. #1251
    I have a question, i've been gearing my mage as frost this entire time (dislike fire) ATM i am 537, and i've geared towards 14250 haste rating (1s GCD) And started to stack mastery.

    Unsure if i should keep going haste, or just stick to my own build, i have been getting some rank 1-10 parses on heroic fights. Just would like to get some input and reasoning to if more haste is better, or if what i am at is fine.

  12. #1252
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post
    I have a question, i've been gearing my mage as frost this entire time (dislike fire) ATM i am 537, and i've geared towards 14250 haste rating (1s GCD) And started to stack mastery.

    Unsure if i should keep going haste, or just stick to my own build, i have been getting some rank 1-10 parses on heroic fights. Just would like to get some input and reasoning to if more haste is better, or if what i am at is fine.
    I'd say that it depends on your trinkets and whether or not you have access to the legendary meta. Since you're 537, I'd like to assume that you've got those bases covered, but without an armory link or a recognizable character name, I wouldn't feel right giving you explicit advice.

  13. #1253

  14. #1254
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    2
    Another question! Is there one of the level 90 talents in particular which stands out over the others? Rune of Power seems nice if you can stand in place for the duration, although there are plenty of encounters where this isn't an option, which makes me think that Inovcation would be good for those. I am far from a math wizard, alas, so this is probably not at all accurate.

  15. #1255
    @Alucardtnuoc: I think you can get away with continuing to stack haste. Although, I went int until I got my second heroic trinket, but I think it's better to go when you've got at least one and the meta.

    @Celes: You want to use invocation.

  16. #1256
    So question, I've been trying to stay up to date with haste break points. I swapped out GoIV so I can net the 20% more haste for NT. But I'm at 50.71% haste in raid (14611 which is as close as I could get to the 24 ticks during Bloodlust or Metagem proc, 14501, listed in this thread started by Akraen.

    Should I be using GoIV now that I am currently at the 50% threshold? I've got plenty of gear to still accumulate.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Comic/advanced Here's me for critiquing.

  17. #1257
    So stacking haste over int is a thing once you get to a certain ilvl? Here's ye old armory. Is switching over to a haste build something I should be doing at this point? I'm sitting at a 1.5 second cast for Frostbolt with no procs right now, is hitting 1 second even a feasible thing?

  18. #1258
    There're no stone-set rules. I switched to haste when I got two heroic RRPM trinkets and had the legendary meta. As far as GoIV goes, it depends on where the source of your damage is coming from. If it's mainly from NT, then I'd go without the glyph.

    Edit: NT or LB is what I meant to say.

  19. #1259
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanothan View Post
    So stacking haste over int is a thing once you get to a certain ilvl? Here's ye old armory. Is switching over to a haste build something I should be doing at this point? I'm sitting at a 1.5 second cast for Frostbolt with no procs right now, is hitting 1 second even a feasible thing?
    Your successful Frostbolts and Frostfire Bolts hits have a 15% chance of procing Fingers of Frost. Therefore given the choice BF FFbolt is better to cast than a Frostbolt, as it hits harder and is instant. More haste means more BF procs via bombs so while frostbolt is caped at 1s cast it becomes a much lesser used spell in the rotation, so it isnt too much of a concern.
    Frost bolt is really only used to keep the debuff up and because nothing else is worth casting at the time.
    I thinking the time to stop stacking haste is when the amount of BF procs from bombs becomes too much to handle, at that point i would be geming for int and reforging/gearing for mastery.

  20. #1260
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanothan View Post
    So stacking haste over int is a thing once you get to a certain ilvl? Here's ye old armory. Is switching over to a haste build something I should be doing at this point? I'm sitting at a 1.5 second cast for Frostbolt with no procs right now, is hitting 1 second even a feasible thing?
    Throw away the shadopantrinket and get breath/chayes and u can start stacking haste.
    Last edited by Tomathan; 2013-06-19 at 09:22 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •