Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Ten reasons Mages are better than Warlocks (Machinima)

    A little machinima I made detailing why Mages are the superior class


  2. #2
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,514
    Haha, that was cute IMO the ending was the best! Also glad that this was a lighthearted approach rather than a serious "OMG THIS IS WHY WE'RE BETTER" rage-y kind of way.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i96 WHM/i94 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  3. #3
    Thanks! I thought I'd go out with a bang

  4. #4
    Well done, good show. I was definitely expecting another whiny list.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,993
    lol. love it. nice to see somebody still has creativity AND a sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,514
    <SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET!>

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    Thanks! I thought I'd go out with a bang
    METEOR! METEOR! MEEEEEETEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOR!

    Seriously cannot wait to play with Meteor; just sucks it splits damage, granted, every "Meteor" in the game thus far has done the same.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i96 WHM/i94 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  7. #7
    Thank you! I'm pretty new to the whole machinima thing so hearing that people like it is just awesome to me!

  8. #8
    I liked the murder song <3
    What are you willing to sacrifice?

  9. #9
    Field Marshal ThatsOurEric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    96
    It's definitely creative and the humor's fairly good.

    The only thing I didn't like is your voice (and whoever else is the Warlock, dunno if its you as well).
    Your voice isn't very...energetic. The energy's too low for a humor piece such as this, which going
    by how its presented, it should have a lot more life in it. I think if had more energy, I'd give it an A.

    Still, the heart and ideas are good, so it gets a B from me.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It's definitely creative and the humor's fairly good.

    The only thing I didn't like is your voice (and whoever else is the Warlock, dunno if its you as well).
    Your voice isn't very...energetic. The energy's too low for a humor piece such as this, which going
    by how its presented, it should have a lot more life in it. I think if had more energy, I'd give it an A.

    Still, the heart and ideas are good, so it gets a B from me.
    I'll remember that for next time. This is my first time I've done voices so I'll definitely remember to amp it up in the future!

  11. #11
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    I'll remember that for next time. This is my first time I've done voices so I'll definitely remember to amp it up in the future!
    Didn't want to say it myself, but yeah, if you're looking for some (constructive!) criticism, your guys' (assuming there are two of you) voices were a bit airy, almost sounding like you were "trying to yell but keeping it down because it was very late". Try not to hold back for comedy pieces; it goes a lot better in the long run!

    Or, y'know, just add a good 3 random METEOR moments XD

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i96 WHM/i94 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Didn't want to say it myself, but yeah, if you're looking for some (constructive!) criticism, your guys' (assuming there are two of you) voices were a bit airy, almost sounding like you were "trying to yell but keeping it down because it was very late". Try not to hold back for comedy pieces; it goes a lot better in the long run!

    Or, y'know, just add a good 3 random METEOR moments XD
    Yeah I did all the voices. I just didn't want to blow people's ears out. I'll try and equalize it with software next time.

  13. #13
    Stood in the Fire Deathpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alabama US
    Posts
    466
    You should make more machinima instead of beta coverage. Machinima is timeless but beta vids are not popular after the xpac gets released.

  14. #14
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    183
    awesome first go! def made me giggle a few times

  15. #15
    Legendary! Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    6,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyreo View Post
    Yeah I did all the voices. I just didn't want to blow people's ears out. I'll try and equalize it with software next time.
    *Not* To be fair, the good thing about being loud is you can always equalize it down without it sounding bad, while being too quiet will sound, well, pretty bleh when turned up because clarity, emphasis, and the general voice itself will be a bit warped (you can tell I'm not too well versed in editing >.>). I hold the same philosophy for cooking things: Always undercook instead of overcook since you can always continue to cook something, but you can't uncook something

    Still funny regardless though!

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    FFXIV Stuff: i96 WHM/i94 SCH/i84 WAR/i83 BRD; T1-4, Garuda/Titan/Ifrit Xs

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Didn't want to say it myself, but yeah, if you're looking for some (constructive!) criticism, your guys' (assuming there are two of you) voices were a bit airy, almost sounding like you were "trying to yell but keeping it down because it was very late". Try not to hold back for comedy pieces; it goes a lot better in the long run!

    Or, y'know, just add a good 3 random METEOR moments XD
    This.

    The content was good, though. Once you get the voices nailed down, it'll be even better.

  17. #17
    Brewmaster durrtygoodz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The big UK
    Posts
    1,300
    Didn't watch the video.

    Warlocks are obviously better.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,722
    Lmao this is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  19. #19
    That was so cool!
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

  20. #20
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9
    Where is the link?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •