Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Take this glyph when you're over 50% haste, raid buffed, with icy veins up.
    How would I know when I reach that? Is that the same as reaching 30% haste raid buffed w/o IV?

---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 08:36 PM ----------

Furthermore, if you don't have the glyph, is it better to not use IV during TW?

Deleted
    The IV cap are:

• 25.00% haste full raid buff.
    • 19.05% haste with only Frozen Armor.
    • 11.25% haste from gear (4786 haste rating)
    • 10.16% haste for Goblin (4318 haste rating)
    If someone can confirm.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    Furthermore, if you don't have the glyph, is it better to not use IV during TW?
    Yes. I should probably add that note.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    The IV cap are:

If someone can confirm.
    Looks right to my calculations. I'll add your table to the guide.

i have a question if im not hit capped and the gear has hit and crit . do i take haste over crit or just leave it alone . im not at crit cap myself and some one said 100% haste for frost . thanks

11.25% unbuffed doesn't sound like a lot. Can you hit that with heroic 5man gear?

Deleted
    No, we will hit IV cap with T14

Thanks for the thread, good info's!

So yeah, I'm so happy frost PvE is so viable now, easily my most favored mage spec. I have a question though. That IV cap table, does that mean that if you have that amount of haste (4786), you should glyph it? At the moment, I'm sitting on about 5500 haste rating, and I am a Troll so I can use my racial every time with Icy Veins. So I guess I should get the glyph then?

No, we will hit IV cap with T14
    Speaking of tier 14, two things drew my attention. The socket bonus on the chest piece is Haste, does that give Frost any advantage? Also, is it weird that the gloves don't have a gem socket?

The IV cap are:

If someone can confirm.
    Just to make sure; WE raid without the 5 % haste buff.
    So I should aim for 19.05 % haste(WITH armor) and then go for crit cap right?

Could someone take a quick look at my armory and give me some notes? Felt like fire was lacking abit last night and not sure if it was due to my crappy lootluck or fire RNG. So Im gonna try out frost abit, but kinda useless at it.
    (Here is a log from last night as fire: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/224555/ )
    and my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Kimpann/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Kimpan View Post
    Just to make sure; WE raid without the 5 % haste buff.
    So I should aim for 19.05 % haste(WITH armor) and then go for crit cap right?
    No. The only thing that happens if you get to 19.05% is that you should use glyph of IV. You still want to stack haste over crit.

Anyone doing elegon with frost? Felt so let down by the dps compared to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by yotsuba View Post
    Anyone doing elegon with frost? Felt so let down by the dps compared to fire.
    Did it with Frost and it seemed fairly reasonable once I figured out I should only be aiming Freeze at adds of various kinds rather than the dragon himself. It was exceptional at killing the sparks, you can cast two Frostfire Bolts and at least two Ice Lances into every single one if you manage Frost Bomb correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It was exceptional at killing the sparks, you can cast two Frostfire Bolts and at least two Ice Lances into every single one if you manage Frost Bomb correctly.
    Any tips for it? I tried to cast frost bomb and once nameplate for sparks is up, i spam fireblast. But it didn't seems to have any effect on them sparks.=( I must have did it wrongly.

I don't have Fireblast glyphed, I would have Frost Bomb up on Elegon between Sparks to give me an FFB charge immediately as the Spark spawned, cast that and then follow it with another Frost Bomb. I'd be putting Frostbolts into Elegon between sparks to get FoF charges so they would follow, then a frostbolt and the second FFB.
    Once you get to the fifth and sixth sparks you should have Freeze and Frost Orb up for the hardest one.

Hmmm...didn't work all that well for me for procs in between them sparks. Sometimes BF procs sometimes it didn't. Most of the time i'm saving 2FoF and BF for zee sparks if i have them. If i didn't, had to spam FB and pray. 4th wave is a little random in that, sometimes i could solo it sometimes i needed help from my tank.

Thanks anyway. Will try out your method next raid day.

If BF isn't proccing then you're either forgetting to cast it or not specced into Frost Bomb, it has a 100% proc chance from Frost Bomb.

Simcraft last night told me these stat weights;

Int: 3.23
    Hit: 1.97
    Haste: 1.09
    Crit: 0.86
    Mastery: 0.71

I don't know if Simcraft is accurate with these, but if they are with hit over half the value of int, that would suggest that pure hit gems are top.
    I would really love to hear that this sim was inaccurate.

I'm afraid those sims are correct. I just ran my own mage through it and gave me the following weights:

Int: 3.61
    Hit: 2.74
    Haste: 1.30
    Crit: 1.08
    Mastery: 0.99

(my mage: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Numayé/simple)

So as you can see hit chance is even closer to intellects weight in my sim...

Quote Originally Posted by Eschatonin View Post
    Simcraft last night told me these stat weights;

Int: 3.23
    Hit: 1.97
    Haste: 1.09
    Crit: 0.86
    Mastery: 0.71

I don't know if Simcraft is accurate with these, but if they are with hit over half the value of int, that would suggest that pure hit gems are top.
    I would really love to hear that this sim was inaccurate.
    You would take hit gems over int gems assuming you already reforged all the other secondary stats to hit/expertise and still didn't reach the hit cap. I would be surprised if that was the case.

Deleted
    Just played around with simcraft today, and big surprise: reforging max haste, but using molten brings the best result with glyphed icy veins - because of the troll racial, maybe?