Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So basically you just use Invocation as you would use Evocation and wreap the rewards?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawogi View Post
    So basically you just use Invocation as you would use Evocation and wreap the rewards?
    Normal evocation use for Frost is "don't bother casting it because you don't run out of mana", so no.
    You cast it when the buff is about to run out, which is a lot more frequently than you would regular Evocation.

With Invocation specced you will run out of mana if you don't Evocate, but if you wait until you have 35% mana left then you will have very low uptime on the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Normal evocation use for Frost is "don't bother casting it because you don't run out of mana", so no.
    You cast it when the buff is about to run out, which is a lot more frequently than you would regular Evocation.
    Thanks for clarifying. I was a little confused on when I should use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine484 View Post
    Very good guide Gonna give frost a shoot now :P

*You have a small typo = "Frost uses frost armour" Should be Armor I believe
    I'm afraid it should definitely be spelt Armour, it's Blizzard that have it wrong
    Americans and their broken dictionaries

Americans and their broken dictionaries
    I do wonder....is Frost Armor spelled Amour in the EU version?

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    I do wonder....is Frost Armor spelled Amour in the EU version?
    Unfortunately, no.

Unfortunately, no.
    Its not really a big deal. =P Its just some letters. Some scribbles humans made up. Nothing unfortunate about some random U being there or not.

I think you mean, "nothing nfortnate abot some random U being there or not"

10+ Year Old Account
    To new Frost magi, here's a macro that I find essential:

#showtooltip Frostbolt
    /cast Frostbolt
    /cast Freeze

This will replace Frostbolt in your keybindings; and the great thing is, because Freeze is a pet cast ability it doesn't interfere with your rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Didactic : I suggest to not use this macro, you will lose fingers of frost proc if you cast freeze with 2 stack of fingers of frost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayama View Post
    Didactic : I suggest to not use this macro, you will lose fingers of frost proc if you cast freeze with 2 stack of fingers of frost.
    It doesn't automatically cast it, it just brings up the reticle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Plus, Freeze is a mouse-over targeted spell. It'd be pretty confusing since you can't anticipate when your Freeze is going to go off.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Plus, Freeze is a mouse-over targeted spell. It'd be pretty confusing since you can't anticipate when your Freeze is going to go off.
    You would still have to click in order for Freeze to actually cast, it does not automatically cast it at your cursor.
    Still prefer it bound separately though.

You would still have to click in order for Freeze to actually cast, it does not automatically cast it at your cursor.
    Still prefer it bound separately though.
    Yes, what if you are casting some other spell than frostbolt when you want to use freeze (frost bomb, invocation,...)?

Well you'd still be able to press the frostbolt keybind, it wouldn't cancel your first cast because /stopcasting is not part of the macro.
    It only teaches you bad habits though.

I just bound pet freeze to Z. Been there for as long as I can remember.

I just wanted to toss out here that I've been running Frost with Fire Stat weights because nobody can get crit to 28% right now and simply reforging away from mastery to crit, and leaving the haste that I get on gear there. Essentially I've been going with: Int > Hit to 15% > Crit to 28% > Haste > Mastery. I'm currently holding the #1 Frost Mage DPS Ranking world wide on 25 MV Feng LFR with the 2 other fights as top 25 parses. There might be something to be said for weighting at this priority instead. i have the log links that I used for testing these weights vs Haste, but I can't post them due to my new registration with this username. The #1 DPS parse is with the above weights, the other log is with weights mentioned in the main post. They are posted on World of Logs.

If someone is good at data mining and could take a look over the logs and expand on it they may see more than I do. It could warrant a guide update. Thanks.

I was under the impression that Haste was more important but I can't really argue with the results, might give it a try.

Is it worth popping frost bomb with fireblast?

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbites View Post
    Is it worth popping frost bomb with fireblast?
    Definitely not for single target, though I'm not sure there's many people who have run numbers for multi-target.