Deleted
    You can also check this thread : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...b-DPS-analysis
    If you still have question.

Deleted
    Ah good to see you here, posting something about magebombs. I have a question to you regarding that topic:

Base calculation Living Bomb 12.5% haste (5 ticks)

Intervall: 3s / 1.125 = 2.66p
    Duration: 3s / 1.125 x 5 = 13.33 seconds
    Early refresh with explosion: 13.33 - 2.66 = 10.67s

Calculation with 30% haste (still 5 ticks)

Intervall: 3s / 1.3 = 2.31 ?
    Duration: 3s / 1.3 x 5 = 11.54 ?
    Early refresh with explosion: 11.54 - 2.31 = 9.23?

Do I suffering from a huge brainlag or can this be true?

My conclusion: LB scales with haste after breakpoints
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-01-18 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    I never said that LB don't scale with haste? It's just that the explosion (50% of the damage) is messing up the DPS.

I will keep your perfect early refresh.
    If we take the same things at 12.4% (4 ticks)
    Interval : 3s/1.114 = 2.669s
    Duration : Interval X4 = 10.676s
    Early refresh : Duration - Interval = 8.007s

If each ticks 10k and explode for 40k. we have :
    LB @12.4% = 40k + 40k = 80k every 8.007s = 9,991 DPS
    LB @12.5% = 50k + 40k = 90k every 10.67s = 8,435 DPS
    LB @30% = 50k + 40k = 90k every 9.23s = 9,751 DPS

Conclusion, between breakpoint, LB scale with Haste. This is compensate by the 1s GCD and the larger intervale for refresh.

IMPORTANT
    All this calcul were false because if the bomb is refreshed early (just before the last tick), the last tick will still be at the previous time.
    A bomb that do 5 ticks in 13.33s can be refreshed after 10.67s but the 5th tick(and explosion) will still be at 13.33s.

Deleted
    Didn´t say, that you said LB doesn´t scale with haste after breakpoints. Just found out, that all the maths were done with breakpoints (including mine). I were just playing around, because I sit on 30 - 33% haste (EoT or LoC) and I was just wondering, if LB is a viable choice or not.

With 12,5%, we get 4 ticks + explosion in 10.67 and a new tick @ 13.33s from a new applied bomb (assuming we can play like robots ) In a Minute, we get the same amount of ticks, but 1 more explosion.

Wrong. You get 4 ticks, an explosion, and then the 5th tick of the original bomb at 13.33s. The first tick of the new bomb won't happen until 16.00s.

This is important, as the explosion cannot be triggered again until after the penultimate tick of the new bomb, which happens at 24.00s.
    You do not get more explosions, they only happen 1 tick earlier.

Deleted
    Just tested it and you´ve absolutley right huth! Even after the fifth tick, the remaining time till explosion will be added to the next bomb. I really had a wrong imagination of LB.

Deleted
    Hey Kuni, next ID I have my first "real" 25hc raid as frost and I just checked logs and saw your incredible parse (145k, congratulations!) on garajal hc. First ID I´ve got a chance to show what I´m capable of and did well 120k (sadly without any working addon - only casted pet freeze every 50s for example).
    What I found out is, your Water Elemental is a beast! It did 35,6k dps??? It shooted 240 waterbolts in 245,5s? And another 72 (mini_waterbolts). My WE (16k dps) only shot 128 Waterbolts in 282,5s and another 74 (mini_waterbolts). I´m happy for you and want to know: "How on earth did you do that?" Please share your insights with me/us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    Hey Kuni, next ID I have my first "real" 25hc raid as frost and I just checked logs and saw your incredible parse (145k, congratulations!) on garajal hc. First ID I´ve got a chance to show what I´m capable of and did well 120k (sadly without any working addon - only casted pet freeze every 50s for example).
    What I found out is, your Water Elemental is a beast! It did 35,6k dps??? It shooted 240 waterbolts in 245,5s? And another 72 (mini_waterbolts). My WE (16k dps) only shot 128 Waterbolts in 282,5s and another 74 (mini_waterbolts). I´m happy for you and want to know: "How on earth did you do that?" Please share your insights with me/us.
    Garaj is a very very bad fight to compare logs, Because if the person who is doing logs is upstairs while you go into the other realm no record of what you did in that realm will show, likewise if you are upstairs and he goes down, you lost 30s of dps, because it wont be recorded. The only way you can compare logs on that fight is if both you and the Log recorder stays in the same realm all the time.

Deleted
    Hm, but he and me did´t had the "crossed over" debuff, so both stood upstairs all the time. His DPS(e) cleary shows, that he and the recorder of the log stayed upstairs all the time. And an eventually dispersion of him and the recording person did´t explain the extraordinary high WE dps.

Deleted
    And who is recording logs for you? is he going down ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    And who is recording logs for you? is he going down ?
    The hunter recorded it. If somebody else would have done it (o_O my grammar is bad), you´ve could see it by the difference between DPS and DPS(e).

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    The log probably stupided and stole the other frost mage's elemental. It happens if an elemental's summon isn't logged.

Deleted
    A okay, thank you for clarification. Didn´t know that, but it´s still a very good parse anyway.

I want to get into challenge modes and I saw that most frost mages (since its suggested to run as frost) are using frost bomb there for the fastest clear times. The problem is I have light of the cosmos from raid finder, which isn't that great with frost bomb.

Earlier the trinkets were linked in the following order:

H EoT>H LotC>N EoT>Relic>N LotS

Would I be correct in assuming that if I got Essence of Terror from raid finder it would be better than my current LFR LotC? Unfortunately I've gotten one before but I hadn't seen this thread yet so I vendored it. Since its still 3 weeks away until my next restore is it worth farming Terrace for EoT?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkingzippo View Post
    I want to get into challenge modes and I saw that most frost mages (since its suggested to run as frost) are using frost bomb there for the fastest clear times. The problem is I have light of the cosmos from raid finder, which isn't that great with frost bomb.

Earlier the trinkets were linked in the following order:

H EoT>H LotC>N EoT>Relic>N LotS

Would I be correct in assuming that if I got Essence of Terror from raid finder it would be better than my current LFR LotC? Unfortunately I've gotten one before but I hadn't seen this thread yet so I vendored it. Since its still 3 weeks away until my next restore is it worth farming Terrace for EoT?
    Yes essence of terror would be better then light of the cosmos if you're using frost bomb but it would probably be a lot easier to get one of the dungeon trinkets.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Light of the Cosmos does -NOT- proc off Frost bomb.

That's probably why he said essence of terror would be better

Kuni, me and my guild are joining the 25m raids this week, we have downed a few bosses already and I got my first rank on WOL. Anyway, I am trying to improve as much as I can as a raider, thus I would be very grateful if you could take a look at my armory/wow-heroes profile and critique anything you want in order to teach me how to improve.
    As I'm not able to post any links, I'll give you my character's info so you can take a look at it.

Realm: Azralon-US
    Character: Dexterz
    Guild: Flaming Capivaras
    Class/Spec: Frost Mage

Sorry for my bad english (I'm brazilian) and thank you.

Hi there,

Can anyone give me a link for BiS list for Frost Mage in 5.1? Ive been searching around but they all give different lists, so would appreciate a correct BiS list. Thanks!

p/s: If u cant link here, u can pm me

IF this is wrong place for this plz move it..

I resently got the elite normal version of Cloak of Overwhelming Corruption.
    And before i had the raid finder version of Stormwake mistcloak.

IM playing frost in raids cause i love it, but now when i run it trough simcraft after the change i get these statweights..

5.70 hit
    4.42 int
    3.56 sp
    1.88 crit
    1.86 haste
    1.74 mastery

Why is crit now over haste, wowreforge or reforge light will tell me to reforge everything to crit now.
    And if i go back to mistcloak or the normal version of it everything will be back to normal.

Would be nice with an explenation of this thx alot.
    Also if i have done something wrong anywhere else plz feel free to tell me.

Armory link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rsftw/advanced

Simcraft link : file:///E:/Smallville/simc-510-9-win32/simc_report.html

Thx in advance.
    Last edited by Yodadps; 2013-01-31 at 10:53 AM.