Dear Nathyiel,

Is that the right list? And it is based on alphabetical order, so Im not sure if its correct or not aha..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamind View Post
    Dear Nathyiel,

Is that the right list? And it is based on alphabetical order, so Im not sure if its correct or not aha..
    Yes, it is. It's one of the BiS list ...
    If you look at it, you see "1- Best in Slot Item", after, they list all available item, slot by slot.

One more question:

Loshan (ilvl496 and 500 intellect gem) vs Regail (ilvl503 and normal gem), which one is better for Frost Mage?

Deleted
    can you search the answers before asking? In can be found easily in these forum ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    I follow this list which has a few differences...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamind View Post
    One more question:

Loshan (ilvl496 and 500 intellect gem) vs Regail (ilvl503 and normal gem), which one is better for Frost Mage?
    Loshan.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Hi Frost Mages,

I'm working on my own guide (because I'm bored and have just switched to it on my Mage) but as it won't be ready for a few weeks I figured I should come and post this.

Crit "Cap" formula: 13254.4 - (0.24864 * Int) = Required Crit Rating
    This is assuming a 5% stats buff. Without it the Int multiplier is 0.23681 (0.24864 is 1.05 times 0.23681 btw).

There's no point in a "calculator" per se, nor a graph because it's a static formula the whole way.

Have fun with that,
    Binks.

Is that before or after 5% crit buff and Molten Armor?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Is that before or after 5% crit buff and Molten Armor?
    After. Molten armor is not included as you should be using Frost Armor

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Hi Frost Mages,

I'm working on my own guide (because I'm bored and have just switched to it on my Mage) but as it won't be ready for a few weeks I figured I should come and post this.

Crit "Cap" formula: 13254.4 - (0.24864 * Int) = Required Crit Rating
    This is assuming a 5% stats buff. Without it the Int multiplier is 0.23681 (0.24864 is 1.05 times 0.23681 btw).

There's no point in a "calculator" per se, nor a graph because it's a static formula the whole way.

Have fun with that,
    Binks.
    I thought that crit from int was static at each level. Doesn't the 5% buff to stats affect the Int in that equation instead of the conversion rate?

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    I thought that crit from int was static at each level. Doesn't the 5% buff to stats affect the Int in that equation instead of the conversion rate?
    There is a fixed base crit rate, which for mages is ~ 0.9%. Outside of that, every 2553 or so Int = 1% crit. The 13254.4 is if you had absolutely no intellect at all, you'd need that much crit rating to hit 28% with buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    There is a fixed base crit rate, which for mages is ~ 0.9%. Outside of that, every 2553 or so Int = 1% crit. The 13254.4 is if you had absolutely no intellect at all, you'd need that much crit rating to hit 28% with buffs.
    Yes, but my question was why are you changing the Int to Crit modifier based on the 5% stats buff. The modifier stays the same, is the Int that gets affected by the buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there even any time you would stack crit as frost?

I know for pve there's no reason and wether we stack it in 5.2 after a certain amount of haste remains to be determined.

No idea about pvp as I've seen people say you don't stack crit anymore.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Yes, but my question was why are you changing the Int to Crit modifier based on the 5% stats buff. The modifier stays the same, is the Int that gets affected by the buff.
    Because if you have X int unbuffed, you have X * 1.05 int buffed, which means you would have a higher crit chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    Is there even any time you would stack crit as frost?

I know for pve there's no reason and wether we stack it in 5.2 after a certain amount of haste remains to be determined.

No idea about pvp as I've seen people say you don't stack crit anymore.
    It was a purely theoretical exercise. It could be useful at some point in the future.

I am faced with a dilemma right now. So I got 4pc tier bonus, where 3 of them come from LFR. My options is to run with those 4pc or run with 2pc tier and two other pieces of gear level 496. I have tried to sim it and ask mr robot's opinion, and it seems that the difference is negligible (about 0.4% increase in score/performance). Is this something that sounds about right? Right now I am keeping the 2pc + two setup because I am used to the longer IV CD. Any opinions?

Yes it's the int that gets affected by the stat buff, but thanks to the associative property of multiplication, it doesn't matter whether the *1.05 is applied to the int, the crit modifier, or the product of int*crit mod. All comes out the same. He did (1.05*A)*B. You say it should be A*(1.05*B). Good news, they equal the same thing .

10+ Year Old Account
    I am faced with a dilemma right now. So I got 4pc tier bonus, where 3 of them come from LFR. My options is to run with those 4pc or run with 2pc tier and two other pieces of gear level 496. I have tried to sim it and ask mr robot's opinion, and it seems that the difference is negligible (about 0.4% increase in score/performance). Is this something that sounds about right? Right now I am keeping the 2pc + two setup because I am used to the longer IV CD. Any opinions?
    4 piece is very strong for frost and unless you're replacing lfr tier with heroic non-tier pieces stick with the 4 set.

Not being used to the halved cd on icy veins is just a really bad reason as the 4 set is very good and you'll get used to it quickly.
    Armory

Deleted
    Glyph of Frostfire bolt + FFb spam (with Frostbolt now and then to keep debuff up) during timewarp and icy veins? Yes/no/maybe/pass the pipe?

Deleted
    Whatever FFB is cast with or without BL/hero, it always less interesting than Frostbolt, even without the glyph. It's only interesting with PoM maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you manage your cds right you should be using procs for nearly all of alter time. If frozen orb rng is kind you can use procs for the entire duration but in reality you usually have to cast frostbolt once or twice as a filler.

I quite often get the frostbolt debuff down to 2-3 seconds left because I'm so busy casting procs.
    Armory