Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just wanted to pop in and say that for those of you who don't want to download the full 10GB of the Beta Patches (due to limited GB internet plans or whatever), there have been two suggestions made on the beta forums to decrease the Download to 3.75 GB:

copy'd the rift folder, renamed the new folder BETA ACCESS, then installed the beta client directly to the new folder named BETA ACCESS and it's only downloading 3.75 gigs! just wanted to spread the word if this works!

and

1. Install the beta patcher to create the rift beta directory plus some other small files.
    2. Before opening the launcher for the first time copy the assets folder from your main Rift install across to the newly created Rift beta folder.
    3. Open the patcher. For me it said "this install will require a full download" however it only downloaded the 3.7Gb for

Would link the source but I'm sure not everyone has access to the beta forums as of yet.

Cheers.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Thanks anti, good stuff to know

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Tarien you are falling into that trap of thinking Trion is Blizzard. Think we all know by now there is another content patch within a month or 2 months after SL releases. We will get two content maybe three before Blizzard drops another one.

Trion does one thing no other dev does. The more money they get the more epic and crazy the content gets. They are easily about to get another ridiculous cash injection from SL sales. The sheer amount of people with favorable opinions of Rift and Trion are ridiculous.

The problem was game was just small and broke away from multiple alts. The game being small is not even remotely a issue anymore. Also there are just so many more paths to end game + it is just packed with content now. I can tell you now when I rolled a alt in WoW it was because I fucking bored in WoW because there was nothing to do. There is already alot to do at end game and now they are tripling that.

Add in housing and it is a done deal. I can see where this is going. I would drop money on their stock right now if they were public.
    How does him saying they are confirmed not in for launch convey any of that. He never said there wouldn't be any, or that noone is working on them, or noone wants them, or that a lot wasn't coming with expansion or ANYTHING that you could draw any of the conclusions you apparently did based on your response. All that was said what "they won't be in at launch". How does that communicate someone thinks Trion is like Blizz and will not release more AFTER launch. All it says is it won't be there at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    How does him saying they are confirmed not in for launch convey any of that. He never said there wouldn't be any, or that noone is working on them, or noone wants them, or that a lot wasn't coming with expansion or ANYTHING that you could draw any of the conclusions you apparently did based on your response. All that was said what "they won't be in at launch". How does that communicate someone thinks Trion is like Blizz and will not release more AFTER launch. All it says is it won't be there at launch.
    I would have thought that you had figured out by now that these forums (I imagine any forum) is a much nicer read if you just ignore Puremallace's posts entirely. Or better yet, click username on left, view profile, add to ignore list. Ahhh, the sweet sweet clean air of an unpolluted forum

Goto Rift BEta>Downloads. We just downloaded the Regulos raid that is supposed to be the tier 2 of the expansion. If this were Blizzard, then I would absolutely be saying 7 instances is not enough, but this expansion is not hardcore raiding like Vanilla was.

Dimensions alone is easily 100+ hours of content alone. We know nothing about Hunt Rifts or how they changed the dynamic events. The content release schedule is what I was referring too. Blizzard just doubled down on that 6-9 month release philosophy, so Trion has no competition now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I would have thought that you had figured out by now that these forums (I imagine any forum) is a much nicer read if you just ignore Puremallace's posts entirely. Or better yet, click username on left, view profile, add to ignore list. Ahhh, the sweet sweet clean air of an unpolluted forum
    Come come now.. he didn't really say anything detractful or wrong..... Be nice to Pure!

This is Spart..... Sorry, RIFT COMMUNITY...
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Goto Rift BEta>Downloads. We just downloaded the Regulos raid that is supposed to be the tier 2 of the expansion. If this were Blizzard, then I would absolutely be saying 7 instances is not enough, but this expansion is not hardcore raiding like Vanilla was.

Dimensions alone is easily 100+ hours of content alone. We know nothing about Hunt Rifts or how they changed the dynamic events. The content release schedule is what I was referring too. Blizzard just doubled down on that 6-9 month release philosophy, so Trion has no competition now.
    And what does that have to do with what I said. Noone was saying that any of what you said was untrue, or that there was not enough or anything like that. Someone asked about Master Modes, someone answered, and you throw a fit about a bunch of things unrelated and somehow bring Blizzard into the conversation. I am just trying to understand your train of thought here as it makes zero sense. Here's what you did:

Person 1: Will there be Master Modes in the Dungeons?
    Person 2: Confirmed, no not there at launch.
    PureMallace: You think Trion is Blizzard, there will be lots of content.(Completely unrelated)
    Me: Huh?
    Puremallace: There is a lot of content in SL, more than Blizz. Trion has no competition.

Everything you said had nothing to do with the conversation AT ALL. Just trying to figure out how you got there and why you considered it relevant to the topic.

Person 1: Will there be Master Modes in the Dungeons?
    Person 2: Confirmed, no not there at launch.
    PureMallace: You think Trion is Blizzard, there will be lots of content.(Completely unrelated)
    Me: Huh?
    Puremallace: There is a lot of content in SL, more than Blizz. Trion has no competition.

Everything you said had nothing to do with the conversation AT ALL. Just trying to figure out how you got there and why you considered it relevant to the topic.
    Tarien original debate was that 7 dungeons did not seem like enough for a full expansion and master modes would be a good addition. The problem with master modes goes back to what I said. The rate at which they put out content out dates them too fast.

It never made sense to have:

Tier 1 instance
    Tier 2 Instance
    Master mode gear on par with 10man
    10man
    20man

Master mode was barely on par with 10man and also did not reward marks like 10mans do. Also add in the fact that the dungeon design team obviously does not have much of an interest in master modes and there is the problem. Remember Master Mode DSM that never happened?

Tarien original debate was that 7 dungeons did not seem like enough for a full expansion and master modes would be a good addition. The problem with master modes goes back to what I said. The rate at which they put out content out dates them too fast.

It never made sense to have:

Tier 1 instance
    Tier 2 Instance
    Master mode gear on par with 10man
    10man
    20man

Master mode was barely on par with 10man and also did not reward marks like 10mans do. Also add in the fact that the dungeon design team obviously does not have much of an interest in master modes and there is the problem. Remember Master Mode DSM that never happened?
    I guess it would just help if you quoted what you were actually responding to then. What you quoted and what you said made absolutely no sense together whatsoever. I mean really, at all. Also, why bring Blizzard into this? Why try to turn this into a game vs game. Others weren't mentioning it, why are you?

I guess it would just help if you quoted what you were actually responding to then. What you quoted and what you said made absolutely no sense together whatsoever. I mean really, at all. Also, why bring Blizzard into this? Why try to turn this into a game vs game. Others weren't mentioning it, why are you?
    The fear that 7 dungeons will not last is valid in not just WoW, but TOR, or TSW where devs have a much slower approach to releasing content. WoW is just the easy example because most of us have experience with Blizzard.

Want me to make up a imaginary dev who is super slow that we can beat up on? We can call them Frosty. Is that less confrontational? The content release schedule in Rift simply does not justify any fears unless Trion completely says fuck it after release and slows development to a crawl.

Please refrain from posting meme images in the forums. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-10-05 at 12:48 AM.
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Perhaps. But is that a guarantee? Remember, we're not talking about something you can quantify. It's about personal preference and what I find aesthetically pleasing. Will I find a cloak that I like better than the version Trion's pre-order gives me? Probably. Will I find a cloak that I like better than the version that Best Buy or Steam's pre-order gives me? Less likely. You can't use an argument based on assumption when dealing with personal preference. And, even if I DO find a cape that I find more appealing than those, what's the point of penalizing for buying elsewhere, especially when they're obviously giving these retailers exclusivity to specific capes in order to draw in players who prefer those capes?
    Can you not pick the CAPE from the pre-order in your TRION account? Because that would just be stupid if you can't.

OR the ones showing there are *different* to the ones you can get from retailers?

I noticed that when I bought my pre-order that the CAPE didn't arrive in my MAILBOX.

Quote Originally Posted by ChariotOfFaith View Post
    Can you not pick the CAPE from the pre-order in your TRION account? Because that would just be stupid if you can't.

OR the ones showing there are *different* to the ones you can get from retailers?

I noticed that when I bought my pre-order that the CAPE didn't arrive in my MAILBOX.
    You will get your cape once storm legion launches =)
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Why ignore him? I just rarely respond to him altogether, but sometimes he can be entertaining. You just have to not let him get under your skin.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChariotOfFaith View Post

You get the cape that Trion is giving out for their pre-order. If you want the Best Buy cape, you have to pre-order at Best Buy. Of course, if you're a current subscriber, that means shelling out an extra $10 that you don't have to pay for pre-ordering with Trion. But, no, you don't get to pick your cape. You get the cape that Trion is offering with their pre-order.

That being said, I pre-ordered through Trion because I didn't think the cape was worth an extra $10. I just felt that it was an issue of principle.

6 Hours :50 Mins to beta start.

Trion have a countdown up!

http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta/?reg=www

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Why ignore him? I just rarely respond to him altogether, but sometimes he can be entertaining. You just have to not let him get under your skin.
    Hey I just try and remain objective. Leave the safety of these forums and goto others ones where people are highly critical of Rift and you learn a few things. Trion has done alot in Storm Legion to fix these criticisms.

The MAJORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrr #1 times Infinity + 10,000 thing Trion needs to do after Storm Legion is handle class stability. If there is one thing that will make people unsub in a heartbeat it is that.

Beta testers and alpha testers better be on their damn A game. Outside of bug fixes we better not see the roller coaster of up and down nerfs. Trion is damn smarter now then before, so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Well I hope they lift the NDA too but I wouldn't count on it. End of Nations is approaching its final beta weekend and the NDA has only been lifted for the final weekend but has been in place for all the previous beta weekends.

They own the IP so if they choose to stream that's their prerogative. My guess is the NDA will be in place until the last beta weekend and limited press / fansites maybe allowed to release some material.

I just wanted to point out that there is an NDA in place (and in Elrar's Usual, sweet way, he asks us not to disclose or copy any posts made in the Beta forums)

As a rule of thumb - there is an NDA, so pretty please, with a cherry on top - don't quote the BETA forums.

But yes, the start time we're aiming for right now is 8-10AM PDT on Friday morning. (3-5PM GMT)

Source

Just a polite reminder to everyone, lets keep it under wraps.

The Beta begins in 3 hours and 20 mins

Deleted
    So excited!!! Can hardly wait love rift, and Trion! It's like early Christmas waiting to unwrap a huge present

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

1. Install the beta patcher to create the rift beta directory plus some other small files.
    2. Before opening the launcher for the first time copy the assets folder from your main Rift install across to the newly created Rift beta folder.
    3. Open the patcher. For me it said "this install will require a full download" however it only downloaded the 3.7Gb for
    Dafuq, went with this suggestion and after copying assets and trying to log in I get this message: "Congratulations on buying Rift! Your account must be active in order to be able to play - Please either set up a subscription or apply a time card on your account page (Error #2009)

I'm on the 1 year sub/storm legion pre order deal on my account. LET ME IN TRION!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma