Poll: How Will you Use the Pet Battle Feature?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered but does a level 1 pet like a store bought pet or a world drop pet count as a rare pet

i leveled my worg that drops from BRS to 25 and it seems to have more health than my other 2 pets which is a spider and a parrot that are both blue rares both which are level 25

is it better to level up those world drop pets than to go out and get blue rares?

All store / world drop pets are of rare quality. You will see some with different stats but it is balanced out in the total stats :

1 may have more speed but less power, another may have more power but less speed.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Pet naming follows pretty much the same set of rules as naming your character: nothing obscene/offensive, no titles (such as Mr), no linkers (such as The), and no spaces/spacers. You can put multiple capital letters into a pet name, so you’ve got that going for you, which is nice.
    One of the dumbest things ive ever seen in WoW is that if you rename Nuts, you can't name him back because the word is considered obscene/offensive. Yet, that is the pets name by default when you get him....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    One of the dumbest things ive ever seen in WoW is that if you rename Nuts, you can't name him back because the word is considered obscene/offensive. Yet, that is the pets name by default when you get him....
    LOL. I hope they fix it.

Gotta post this. the Single best pet hunter / catcher team has to be :

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=61439
    Rattlesnake

Fast but low HP, how with a huge stacking east attack for all the critters you will be fighting.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62907
    Highlands Skunk

Fast so can use furry like a Boss, Has a Heal with a HP boost on a short CD, and a Team Heal.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62906
    Highlands Turkey

High HP with a spammable Damage Debuff attack and Can put pets to sleep for that easy catch.

Lead with the rattlesnake, Poison and Sweep. Switch to Skunk for an HP boost and heal. Bring out the Turkey to reduce attack of your target and put it to sleep for an easy catch.

Deleted
    For catching, i prefer to run with my Darkmoon Tonk and Terrible Turnip. Ive yet to fail catching anything with just the two of them, and if by rare chance it takes a long time to catch something, i still have my third pet ready to demolish any other left standing.

On a random note, the pet tamer in valley of the four winds has got to be the easiest to beat ever. One Shimmering Wyrmling and the whole team falls before me. Excellent for giving your lower lvls some more exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something to add- There are generally some specific types of pets (I.E Frogs, Snails, Spiders) that are relatively good counters against certain pet families. Ive been doing a bit of research, and have managed to find a few "perfect" counters.

Frogs, being an Aquatic pet, have a good defense against the undead. They are also the only Aquatic pets that get 2 critter based abilities- Tongue Lash and Swarm of Flies. Thus, Frogs are an excellent pet for tackling Undead.

Spiders and Maggots, being beasts, recieve a defensive bonus against Humanoid-type attacks. They also each have 1 ability thats undead- Consume for Maggots, and Leech Life for Spiders, with both of these abilities having a 1 round cooldown, and a self-heal attached.. Maggots generally have low speed, high health and moderate attack, while Spiders have low health, but high speed/attack. I would recommend Spiders, given that thier Web attack buffs Leech Life to heal for double the amount, giving them significantly longer battle time, and Crystal Spiders happen to have a stun attack. Slaughter Humanoids with one of these 2 types of pets.

There are 3 anti-flying pets currently in the game: the Celestial Dragon, the Azure Whelp, and Lil' Tarecgosa. Celestial Dragon has a self heal, a beast-type attack that boosts attacks by 25%, and Moonfire, making them a decent choice for defensive type play with a hard hitter every 3 turns. Azure Whelp and Lil' Tarec are both offensive, with Lil' Tarec boasting the more offensive magic arsenal. Use these to easily win any flying-pet battle.

All mechanical pets are easily countered by any elemental pet, given that mechanical attacks deal less damage against elemental pets, and mechanical pets take more damage from elemental attacks. So, Elementals will always trump Mechanicals.

The Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling happens to be the only mechanical pet with a Dragonkin ability- Use for hard Magic pet fights.

All critters are easily crushed by the Flayer Youngling, and the Curious (Ferocious some would say) Wolvar Pup. With critters doing less damage against humanoids, and taking more damage from beastly attacks, one can easily clear out a zone full of critters without ever needing to heal.

Elemental pets dont have the exact hard counter that most of the other families tend to have. Snail pets are the only critter with a water-type attack, thats on a 4 round cooldown. Fortunately, Snails are VERY durable, so you won't loose against any elemental, but it will take a while to down a full squad of them.

Like the anti-Magic pet, Water types are countered by exactly 1 pet- the Jade Owl. Being a Magic type pet with an arsenal of flying attacks, Jade Owls will handily defeat most water-types around.

Dragonkin pets are the only pet family that does not have a hard counter. There are no undead mobs that retain their knowledge of their humanoid type attacks.

I hope this helps some people in choosing what pets they should level up. There was an achieve datamined that required one to defeat 8 legendary pets- Im hoping that there is one of each type, and they can easily roll over most teams that don't have a perfect match-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    so when do we get a pet battle forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    soon i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I wish that they'd at least make this topic sticky, would be a shame to see it lost.

On the topic of pet battles: Which pet do you find most frustrating fighting? For me it gotta be the Fossilized Raptor or Clockwork Gnome. Basically pets that come back to life, can heal and deal tons of damage.

if you guys are still catching pets, i made a way for you to easily check where in the zone you can catch them.

http://petbattlearena.com/zan.php?zan=86

Deleted
    Hey I was wondering if someone could help me make a Death Knight themed group, for example Mr Grubbs, Worg Pup, Dark Phoenix, Albino Snake, Crawling Claw ect, that would work really well together? I already have a capture team, this would be more for PvP. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrok View Post
    if you guys are still catching pets, i made a way for you to easily check where in the zone you can catch them.

http://petbattlearena.com/zan.php?zan=86
    AWESOME.

Just emailed it to myself to check it out later. very nice.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Currently not using it, and will only touch it if I'm bored with everything else and want to get back into being an achievement whore. =/

It may be atypical of me, but I simply don't find pets interesting in MMOs. Never liked hunters, never had any desire to play a warlock, and only carried a choice few pets in my bags/bank before they were implemented into the interface. Even now, I don't collect pets and only bring out my Feline Familiar; I do <3 cats, and think that one goes splendidly with my Spriest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Failmuffins View Post
    Currently not using it, and will only touch it if I'm bored with everything else and want to get back into being an achievement whore. =/

It may be atypical of me, but I simply don't find pets interesting in MMOs. Never liked hunters, never had any desire to play a warlock, and only carried a choice few pets in my bags/bank before they were implemented into the interface. Even now, I don't collect pets and only bring out my Feline Familiar; I do <3 cats, and think that one goes splendidly with my Spriest.
    with the glyph?

this would make a great sticky
    i made www.petbattlearena.com - a giant pet database where you can find exactly the battlepet you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated for 5.1

OT :

Ran AQ40 twice (on monk - full clear and DK - could NOT kill the twins) and got the 2 pets (twins didnt give up the goods).
    NAXX10 and got the bone spider, lost the roll for the fungus boss.

The drops have been a nice addition to the older raids and i hope they keep adding them. You can learn the pets and cage them (sold one for 30k) and still keep the credit for the achievement.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patch 5.4 lets us have 1000 pets! Currently I have 502 unique and 527 total pets, can't wait ot collect more
    HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Addon Author: My Projects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Patch 5.4 lets us have 1000 pets! Currently I have 502 unique and 527 total pets, can't wait ot collect more
    This is an amazing necro.
    But yes, its good that they increased the max count.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    This is an amazing necro.
    But yes, its good that they increased the max count.
    If definitely helps with the Celestrial Tournament, having 3x of some pets is priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Necromaster! lol

But yes the new upgrade to allow 1000 pets is extremely welcome

Awesome post.

With some polish (update it for 5.3/5.4), i think it can become a wonderful Sticky guide about Pet Battles.
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2013-08-19 at 01:31 PM.