Hunter vs Mage for 2s Comp

I have both a hunter and a mage currently - working on leveling a monk - only at 35 right now.
    But my friend has a Holy paladin.

We are planning on doing 2s - and eventually work into a 3s group.

With him being a holy paladin, What would you suggest is a better comp for a 2v2 team - Mage or Hunter?

Thank you for the help.!

Play the class that you enjoy!

I enjoy playing both - I am not trying to ask which one is funner etc etc

In arenas, there are naturally comps that have better synergy then others. Thats what i am trying to determine.
    Of the two classes, and their given abilities, which class would be a better "fit" to go with a holy pally.

I can play both - and i do enjoy playing both, but i'd rather find a comp that has the capability of progressing further rather than limiting ourselves with walls.

I think hpally mage could be somewhat like the new priest mage. Holy paladins can do some damage now. I wouldn't preffer going with a healer in 2s as a hunter anyday.

Deleted
    normally i would say play the mage. It is a more complete class and it always been in every season while hunter had his up and down.
    But considering the setup with holy pala i would say play the hunter, with hpala is actually better than mage and they got some love from blizz.

Can you suggest your friend to play maybe priest or shaman and play 3v3 MLS or RPM? that would be a win/win

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy1 View Post
    normally i would say play the mage. It is a more complete class and it always been in every season while hunter had his up and down.
    But considering the setup with holy pala i would say play the hunter, with hpala is actually better than mage and they got some love from blizz.

Can you suggest your friend to play maybe priest or shaman and play 3v3 MLS or RPM? that would be a win/win
    Id be inclined to think that the mage would be best with the HPally. Mages have sooo much control right now. I personally prefer playing double dps in 2s since its quicker games. no one likes a 30 minute game. That being said 2s with healer and dps can be great if you are looking to get into some 3s.