Fishing , Anglers Daily quests.

Can you catch the required fish if your cast lands in a school? I have been trying to fish out of schools for the eels but it seems with no luck.

I know the drop rates are very low.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Unfortunately the eels are a low drop rate and expect to spend time getting them. You catch them in open water not schools.

I needed 3 dailies to be capped for vp today so I figured, I'd go and do those 3 quick fishing dailies. And I got both the eel and piranha daily. And I said eff this crap, I'm not gonna spend 20 minutes fishing. Those two are god damn annoying

They can be caught in schools, but it's quicker to catch them in open water if your fishing skill is high enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Fish Buddy, report Dojani Eel (spelling) at 24,3%.. All caught outside schools..

That's not a bad drop rate..

Each time I've done it I've started in a pool since I found fish I needed for the tillers anyway, after getting almost nowhere with the actual fishing quest I realized the drop rate seems much higher outside of the pools. So after that, until I was done with the anglers, I'd just start in a pool of something I needed, then once the pool was fished out just stay and quickly wrap up my fishing daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    My Fish Buddy, report Dojani Eel (spelling) at 24,3%.. All caught outside schools..

That's not a bad drop rate..
    It's bad for a quest item.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    It's bad for a quest item.
    There are plenty of quest items with worse drop rates..
    E.g. turtles in Dread Waste and goats in Vot4W have 10-15% drop rate for meat for dailies...