Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Skyward for Wii ofc, haven't touched my xbox in a while so i don't know. for PS3 my personal favorite is the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

I would go for Xenoblade. The only thing it doesn't have going for it is high res textures. Everything else makes it, no joke, a GOAT (at least in my opinion, thereby supplanting Chrono Trigger).

This may seem odd to you all, but my #2 from consoles this gen is College Hoops 2k8. It has more longevity than any other console game I have played this gen. I am currently in the 2017-2018 season and it still isn't old. It's a shame the series was discontinued.

10+ Year Old Account
    As many have mentioned Skyward Sword was fantastic but my pick is probably Portal 2 on the PC (that game is art, I don't care what anyone says) or the Souls games (I've only played Demon's so far but I feel like I haven't played a game that atmospheric since Phantasy Star Online).

Honorable mention would be MGS4 but honestly if you haven't played the rest of the series I find it hard to believe how someone could fully enjoy that game.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    If we're talking console only, I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption.
    I'll second that. Lots of great games out there, but this one was the total package. Great gameplay (that could be made as ridiculously easy, or insanely hard as you wished), great atmosphere, very good story - sure, it was derivative, but that's true of almost every Western ever filmed too. The environments were amazing. Sure, the graphics might not have been the best ever, but they were good enough to have authenticity. Even the voice acting was awesome. The game just sucks you in. "Immersion" is a goal for most games, and even movies, TV, and books. RDR achieved it.

My favorite series of this generation is easily Assassin's Creed. And maybe, just maybe, AC3 will give RDR a run for its money - but RDR was first, so it will probably still win my vote.

I'm hoping that when the next generation launches, a RDR sequel will be along for the ride.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2012-10-03 at 06:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't brought myself a console since the gamecube

10+ Year Old Account
    Much tougher decision than I expected. Red Dead redemption and Skyrim were my obvious choices, but Borderlands 2 is my dark horse.

Mario Kart on the DS
    Pokemon Platinum on the DS
    Scribblenauts on the DS
    (I honestly can't think of anything for the PSP. I just didn't like anything available)
    The Uncharted series on PS3
    Resistance on the PS3
    God of War on the PS3
    Halo 3 on the XB360
    One of the Forza's on XB360 (I can't remember the exact name)
    Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 on the Wii
    Mario Kart Wii
    The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword on the Wii
    Metroid: Other M on the Wii
    Super Smash Bros Brawl on the Wii

My list would suddenly blow up if we included the PC =)

Deleted
    Skyward sword ftw

Gears of War, Dark Souls, maybe CoD4.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    3DS is NOT just an addition, it is current gen.
    It does not have the necessary system changes to make a new handheld console. The change isn't even half as rapid as it was from GBC to GBA, or from GBA to DS. It's the DS but with 3D and the loss of backwards compability. It's a modification, not a new console.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    It does not have the necessary system changes to make a new handheld console. The change isn't even half as rapid as it was from GBC to GBA, or from GBA to DS. It's the DS but with 3D and the loss of backwards compability. It's a modification, not a new console.
    There's a lot more to it than just 3d. It's the next generation of handheld, the only thing throwing people off is that it still has DS in the name, which would be like saying Wii U is virtually the same as the Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    The graphics are upped majorly, which is essentially the same as any sysyem upgrade to the next gen. They wouldn't make games exclusively only for 3DS if it was just an addition. They didn't make DSI only games, did they? Or GBA SP exclusive games. 3DS was released at an awkward time, but it doesn't mean that it's NOT next gen. DS is slowly being phased out.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-10-04 at 06:41 PM.

angry birds

10+ Year Old Account
    SSX may be my fav but it feels lacking in some things some i have to go with although i have to go with Dark souls or AC2/3 even though im bad at dark souls i find it fun and look forward to playing it everytime
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

Deleted
    too subjective. For me the Mass effect Series.

Deleted
    Do console games ported to PC or vice versa count? Haven't owned any console this generation but Assassin's Creed 2, Dark Souls and Mass Effect 2 are all awesome games (and all of them 1st sequels funnily).

Edit: Oh crap, how could I forget Deus Ex: Human Revolution? That's my 'best game' this generation.
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-10-06 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My subjective best, which no one will agree with, is New Vegas. I love that game and have put almost 500 hours into it. In my opinion it is the best fusion of old and new fallout.

Objectively it is a lot harder. Skyrim, Uncharted 2, Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy 2 or Red Dead are all just amazing in there own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    If we're talking console only, I'd have to say Red Dead Redemption.
    I would have to say the PC counts, despite 99% of the games on PC being just better versions of the Console games (any FPV game for example, and even if M&K controls are worse, you can always plug in a PS3/360/Controller of choice)

Just, you can only count games released on PC since 360 was made (since it was the earliest)

TBH I can't really give a game. Call me a nostalgic nerd or a jaded gamer, but this generation of gaming doesn't live up to the technology today compared to, say, the last 3 generations (specifically, SNES-Gamecube)

If I had to name a few good ones though, I'd say L4D2, Skyrim (if bugs were fixed...), New Vegas, Portal 2 (playing it for the first time), and Orcs Must Die! 2.

---------- Post added 2012-10-04 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Do console games ported to PC or vice versa count? Haven't owned any console this generation but Assassin's Creed 2, Dark Souls and Mass Effect 2 are all awesome games (and all of them 1st sequels funnily).
    I would say all (as in all made this generation) PC games count as the "current generation of gaming", though you'd have to pick from anything made after 360 and before the Wii-U comes out.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-10-04 at 08:30 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Id say Halo 3 but Id also say ff13-2 most would disagree with me though