Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Forget that the guy is a cop for a second. If anyone else did this, you would laugh at the video and it would have a million hits on Youtube. Then, after your laughter spasm, you would say he was obviously in the wrong. The fact that he is a cop has nothing to do with it, he fucked up.
    You can't just disregard the fact he's a cop, though; I know from seeing my dad, there is a huge level of stress that simply comes from being in uniform. Would you disregard his profession, too, if he were a uniformed soldier and the setting was a middle-eastern village? Context is hugely important.

By no means am I justifying his actions -- especially if he attacked the wrong woman -- but I think people have to be held accountable for their own stupidity, as well. The term "Free Country" doesn't mean you can act like a complete jackass and not suffer repercussions. If someone I didn't know intentionally slang a bunch of water on me, in a mean-spirited manner, I would absolutely retaliate violently. Except for a woman -- that's another area the cop really fucked up. Equality or not, I just don't think a man should ever hit a woman, unless it's truly a case of self-defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    FusedMass is the worst kind of Liberal. You know, the liberal who will steal money from your wallet but at the same time will complain how life isn't fair.

This must be hating police month on these forums. I've been seeing an influx of threads like this recently. Just dropping in to let some of you know that this world without the law and police would be terrible. Don't let these douchebag anarchists on the internet intimidate you.

Infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-10-01 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    The woman deserved it.
    Yeah, who needs all that "due process" garbage anyway. [/sarcasm]
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Did most of you even watch the video?

At 0:02 you see someone enter the on the left and squirt water towards the woman/officers. She gets hit and turns around to see who did it, officers turned around and went after her. Then she got punched.

The cop needs to lose his job.

Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1929009.html

Take careful note of what is happening. Someone tosses water on a group of police officers. Not acid. Not peper spray. Then what does the officer do. Bam punches in the woman in the face and then arrests her. Can you believe such a thing. The person who tossed the water wasn't even her and it was at a parade no less.

Who protects the people from the Police Officers. Tell me who.

Article

Footage in which a police officer appears to punch a woman after she threw something toward a group of police is causing controversy on the Internet today. ABC News reports that Philadelphia police are investigating.

The video, which was uploaded to YouTube by user "Gisela Valentin" on Sept. 30, looks to have been taken during Philadelphia's Puerto Rican Day parade on Sunday. In it, about two people in the crowd appear to throw liquid on a group of police officers. But one officer's reaction has drawn criticism and claims of police brutality.

At the beginning of the clip, a woman in a black T-shirt to the left of the frame can be seen throwing what appears to be water or possibly silly string in the direction of a group of officers. Moments later, an officer comes after the woman and appears to punch her in the face without warning. The force of the blow knocks the woman to the ground, where she is quickly handcuffed by the same officer.

The video was posted to Reddit on Monday morning and quickly rose to the front page of the social news site.

Although the initial headline professed the woman's innocence and called the officer's reaction a "sucker punch," closer observation on the part of users revealed that the woman in question looks to have thrown something toward the police.

This action was further clarified by user "_repost_" who made several animated gifs highlighting the woman's actions. Despite the woman's behavior, many Redditors said that the officer's use of force was inappropriate.

The International Digital Times called the incident a "completely and utterly disgusting" case of police brutality.

The woman appears to be bleeding from the mouth as she is led away by police. Her identity has not been released.
    Definitely unnecessary. He should have at least verified who threw water on him before punching them.

The only reason this is news, however, is because it was a woman who was hit. If it were a guy getting punched in the face, the response would be "he shouldn't have thrown water on them".

Of course she shouldn't have even been approached by the cops if she did nothing wrong.

And this is all assuming she actually did nothing wrong when it appears she was dancing around the group of police in the very beginning. No idea if what she was doing was wrong or if she didn't actually do something.

Waiting for details.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    You can't just disregard the fact he's a cop, though; I know from seeing my dad, there is a huge level of stress that simply comes from being in uniform. Would you disregard his profession, too, if he were a uniformed soldier and the setting was a middle-eastern village? Context is hugely important.
    So you're the one holding cops to a higher standard (well, lower standard, but you get my point).

Cop, CEO, soldier in the middle east, doesn't matter: you don't do that to someone for spraying water on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    The only reason this is news, however, is because it was a woman who was hit. If it were a guy getting punched in the face, the response would be "he shouldn't have thrown water on them".
    No, this is news because people love hating on cops. And people use these single events to hate on the general group of people. All cops are bad because this guy punched an innocent woman.

Deleted
    Good job she wasnt with a boyfriend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever there is explosions, you'll find me there!
    First off that cop is an ass and he shouldn't have done that. he knows better, he's trained better and he still did it which is going to cost him and the city money. Funny that's just a few minutes from me. A sucker punch at that with enough force to make her bleed, so he meant to do that it wasn't a reaction. Water, simple water......

Has a similar incident happen to my wife; Some jackass hit my brother with a car and the family rushed over, madness insued. Cops came and my sister jumped on a cop's back, same cop ends up jumping on my wife who looks nothing like my sister, gets pummeled to the group and got charged. Ended up going to court and she got community service even though we proved it wasn't her, cause the cop's made story up same it was... but we proved them wrong. How the hell did that work????

Anyway I just wanted to say that "She" actually did toss water at the police (First second of the video, which also spilled when she got punched) but so did the guy after her which is what the idiot officer reacted to.
    Last edited by digitalxl; 2012-10-01 at 10:08 PM.
    A scorch to the face, A fireball to the neck and a Pyroblast! to the back... Yeah, that's how I like to attack! - Digitalxl (Mage)
    I'm simply shocking.... Chaosstryker (Elemental Shaman)
    Magic? Pfft! All I need is these two hands and a strong blade! Shadowhaxor (Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Good job she wasnt with a boyfriend.
    Or all 3 of them.

Deleted
    She deserved it because she threw some harmless water at the officer? No way.
    Sure, I guess maybe the officer didn't have time to react but punching her was out of line.

Puerto Rican day parade.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Cop, CEO, soldier in the middle east, doesn't matter: you don't do that to someone for spraying water on you.
    Disagree. Natural reaction to something weird happening behind you is to be scared and stop whoever was doing it, especially if you're a group of cops (targets for some people). If some guy behind me threw water at me, you'd be damn sure I'd beat him up somewhat. I guess it's more personality than anything though, but I know I'd react somewhat similarly.

But this guy went too far, he should have confirmed it was the lady. I mean she did look guilty from jumping around in the cops faces to fastly walking away staring at the cops, but even so cop still should have waited a little and just detained her.

Half of these people obviously didn't watch the video if they're saying she deserves it or she got what was coming to her. She just so happened to be the closest to them, holding a bottle of water, so they assumed it was her. It's bad news bears, but what can you do?
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    Half of these people obviously didn't watch the video if they're saying she deserves it or she got what was coming to her. She just so happened to be the closest to them, holding a bottle of water, so they assumed it was her. It's bad news bears, but what can you do?
    From a physics standpoint the statement "got what was coming to her" is accurate, in that the forward momentum of the fist was directed at her face yet no opposing force was provided nor did the intended target move out of the way. Since the "fist" was "coming to her," the result was as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No, this is news because people love hating on cops. And people use these single events to hate on the general group of people. All cops are bad because this guy punched an innocent woman.
    This is also true.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Do a test for me, grab a cup of water, find a group of police officers downtown, throw the water on them then run away. Good luck :P
    Is making irrelevant examples supposed to prove a point?

She did not run away. She was walking close to them, moving around them. The police officer turned, walked towards her, and punched her. While, again, she was not running away, or making any kind of threatening moves against him.

And even if she did, he could just have restrained her hands, pinned her down, and proceed to cuff her. Instead, he made the effort of punching her specifically in the face. While he was obviously, not, in agony from the excruciating effects of the vile poison he was doused with. That is just being vindictive. For which, I do not care how human he is, he should not be, if he wants to be a police officer. Nobody forced him to become one. From the moment he became, he bears the responsibility to act in a certain way. Not be a douche. He does not belong in the police force, and every moment such people remain as police officers, they disgrace the police force in my opinion.

I don't understand what kind of state of mind one must be in to justify this kind of behaviour. It is so sad.
    Last edited by Drithien; 2012-10-01 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarastayaa View Post
    I did watch the video. I saw that she wasn't the one that threw the water on the cops.

It's jumping to conclusions to say that she did nothing though or that what was going through the cops' mind was "imma punch the bitch that threw water on me."

There might be a perfectly valid reason for her being arrested.

Not so much the punching part...

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    From a physics standpoint the statement "got what was coming to her" is accurate, in that the forward momentum of the fist was directed at her face yet no opposing force was provided nor did the intended target move out of the way. Since the "fist" was "coming to her," the result was as expected.
    Haha. I applaud you for that brief lesson. That wasn't my intention, but one can interpret something in many ways.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    If you see 12 police officers trying to control a volatile crowd, its common sense not to throw something at them. The officer didnt have time to see what was thrown at him, should he see if his skin burns off then react?

Stupid people do stupid things and blame someone else.
    Nothing wrong was done here. Don't do retarded stuff to other people.