Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, like they chuck your carcass out of a plane at 20,000 feet and look for a crater?
    No, buzzards eat your corpse. It's a Tibetan thing. But, I think I like your idea better. I'll ask them to attach a snowboard to my feet too. It'll be XTREME!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, like they chuck your carcass out of a plane at 20,000 feet and look for a crater?
    Look back a few pages, someone posted an imgur album showing one. Basically, they take a body out and lay it out for carrion birds to eat it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of being cremated but I'd like my ashes launched into space :P ( If it's possible finance wise )
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm donating every part of me out. No funeral, plot, or cremation cost.

I'd rather that money goes to my two kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    No, buzzards eat your corpse. It's a Tibetan thing. But, I think I like your idea better. I'll ask them to attach a snowboard to my feet too. It'll be XTREME!
    I'd try to arrange to have my corpse hit an interstate. It'd make for a fun news story - traffic held up because a corpse just randomly fell out of the sky and splattered all over the pavement.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya right bro, that is so not XTREME!!!
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

10+ Year Old Account
    Cremation is what I plan on for myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Ya right bro, that is so not XTREME!!!
    What if the mortician uses Mountain Dew instead of embalming fluid?

I would like a sky burial, but that's not accepted in the society I live in. Hence, cremation and I want some of my ashes scattered into the ocean, buried in the ground and tossed into the wind. Should anyone want to keep my ashes (highly unlikely), just a little bit in a tiny urn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet ANOTHER possible source of zombification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you mean there's a difference?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I want people to make me a temple made of gold. There will be a labyrinth inside with death traps from all directions. No one will know the way since the architect and the constructors will all remain inside sacrificing themselves. (I dont want to feel lonely.)

The coffin which I will be in, will be made of gold (DUH) and will be like a Pharaohs's coffin. Atop of the coffin there will be a statue of me (made of pure gold) which will be the size of the Colossus of Rhodes.
    I want this! But instead of gold everything is made of chocolate with gold tin foil that people can unwrap and eat. Instead of death traps in the labyrinth there are thing like ball pools and water squirter's. Oh and the architect and constructors can go home

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Yes, I do mean I subscribe to existential nihilism, not because I think it cool but because I think it's the truth. Existential nihilism states that life has no objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value. Of course I welcome your opinion, this is a discussion board after all I must not have been clear about my sensory issues, I experience pain easily and hardly experience pleasure at all. I use MMO Champion to fill up time, not because I like it.

The reason I don't live life to the fullest is because I can't be bothered to keep bleeding for things I don't get to keep. If we were immortal we could keep learning, getting stronger, achieving, and acquiring. Our relationships could grow deeper, and we could become better people. I feel death invalidates all of our hard work. Everything we have worked for our entire lives disappears the moment we die. Even those affected by our actions will die. If life was perfect than there wouldn't really be any reason not to live it anyways, but I have so much pain. I suffer mentally, emotionally, and physically. I suffer on pretty much every level that makes us human. I'm not saying you're wrong. The number one argument I hear tossed my way is "it matters now". Yeah, I guess, but "now" only lasts for a moment. I don't advocate everyone going out and killing themselves, but nor would I ever stand in their way. I understand completely why someone would choose to end their life, and in all honesty, think it should be one of their basic human rights.

I was glad to help, really. I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't make me happy when I'm able to help people. Wisdom is one of my strong suits; I was always told I should be a therapist. However, I'm terrible at my own life. So many things that help other people don't really work for me. I've spent a lot of my life trying to help others, and here lies my own contradiction: if life and people don't matter, why do I want to help them so much? I admit it doesn't make sense. I think it's because I've suffered so much that I have such an overwhelming need to end the suffering of other people. I never wanted other people to feel like I do. If I had to look at my life as a whole it's very possible that I have a messiah complex. I wanted to "save" other people because real messiahs don't exist. When I finally grasped that there are no higher powers to lean on, I felt that if I didn't help people no one else would. Who would pick up the broken if I didn't do it? Who would reach out to the suffering if I refused to? I had no evidence to suggest anyone else gave a shit, so if I didn't sacrifice then the cycle of pain would just continue. It's very possible that I have delusions of grandeur as well because from a very early age I believed I was meant to impact the world in a significant way. It wasn't something I could explain, I just knew it. You can imagine my disillusionment when I realized none of us have destinies or higher purposes. I understand it's impossible, unrealistic, and even arrogant to place the world on my shoulders, but I can't help it. My personality is that of a defender. I will always stand up for the weak or the hurting, even if it contradicts my views on life itself. I very well may off myself someday, god knows I've tried, but as long as I'm still alive I have to try. Anything less would be a betrayal of myself.

I don't fault you for your views. I don't want to discourage other people from pursuing lives that are meaningful to them. For me it's never been as simple as that though. There is no idiom that can cure the massive list of problems I live with on a daily basis. I don't expect that I can explain my entire life on a message board, but in all honesty, I've found writing is it's own form of self discovery. I've learned a lot about myself in the past simply by typing out my thoughts. In any case, god knows if this is an actual response to you, I sometimes just start typing and it goes on forever
    Yes, this is a response for my question.

I like discussions on MMO Champ, sometimes they go deep to phylosphical arguments. I'm sorry about your pain thing, if I may, is it related to a condition or it's simply a more condition you've had with no cause?
    I have a question though, you say death invalidates all you've done in life. However, if we go to my idea, that we may be "rebirthed" by some future scientists or by God or something, then wouldn't that mean that death would only be a "break" in our lifetimes? So then we could continue our relations in the future, maybe in a Heave or in 1000 years when future scientists bring us back, making us immortal.

As for contradictions, I know how it feels, most of us have something where we contradict ourselves. And related to the defender thing, when I was little, I wanted to become president since my country sucked (it still does) to make things right. So I educated myself with one purpose in mind, to become president. I learned that to become president you first need to be a deputee or senator and to become that it would be good to have a Law school. So I worked to get it. Right before university, I found out there's also a Political Sciences University now, so went to that. However, going through there I saw the truth, that to get high somewhere in my country you need to enter shit over your neck and kiss people's asses even if you dislike them. And in the process you might lose the good that you were planning to do. So I steered away from that. Although this happened, I still, think how I could help people if I could (sort of day-dreaming). The current day dream is with aliens. Last month's one was with building androids that take over power in my country.
    How should I say, I try to think that one day I could help somehow and be important to people, not for me, I don't want to be great, I am shy and don't like showing on tv and would hate paparazzi for example since I love my privacy, but I want people to live good and to know myself that I helped them achieve that. However, thinking through, I know that with my current path there's little impact I can have unless some mythical event happens (like an alien pod falling down somewhere and I help said alien when the gouvernment wants to disect it and it decides to help my people) but that does not stop me from dreaming and helping the people where I can, as much as I can now, through advice, through a hand held to help them back up when they're down, through some coins given to a beggar. Might not be much, but for me it is good enough.

I want the most expensive coffin that money can buy

Its so i can rest in peace knowing that the maggots and worms will dine on the finest that money can buy

just joking i want my head cryogenically preserved so i can live on in the future as some futurama head

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I want a funeral pyre, old school style with coins over the eyes and everything.
    This the way I want to go out, but in a bit more of a Norse way.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    cremation is the way to go!
    Cost a total of $500 to cremate my mother's remains. That's all she wanted. Bless her.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I want to be buried or cremated, I'm thinking buried because I'd rather there be a grave for people to visit (if anyone bothers to visit it ^^) then my family having me on a shelf in a pot.

But about open casket funerals... I've been to a few funerals, grandparents, friends, and not one has been open casket. Is it an American thing or something? I don't understand why you'd dress up a dead body in fancy clothes and let everyone see their white stone cold dead made up with make up face.

Oh, and my parents plan to make their own coffins (with some sort of kit you can buy, I presume), ha, wonder how that's going to turn out.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-10-03 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    Yet ANOTHER possible source of zombification.
    Zombification is pretty XTREME brah.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tibetan sky funeral > cremation > donate body to science > burial