Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

So I went coffin shopping today...

I was out today shopping for a coffin for me to buried in when the time comes so my family wouldnt have to buy one, and I cant imagine why people waste so much money on coffins for people who are dead. Its not like they need to be comfortable and once its buried, nobody will ever see it again, so why waste $15,000 on a fancy coffin when a $500 pine one performs the same function. I bought the cheapest thing I could find as when Im dead I dont care if Im cold, uncomfortable, or eaten by bugs for that matter.

Its actually kind of funny that people think a nicer fancier coffin will make the dead person happier.

The same goes for anything that gets used once and thrown away, like plastic silverware or paper plates, why spend a fortune when you can get much cheaper for one time uses

15+ Year Old Account
    cremation is the way to go!

just put my remains in a fuckin' evening bag and chuck it in the ground.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a funeral pyre, old school style with coins over the eyes and everything.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Then use the ashes to fertilize a wheat field and use the flour to bake a cake at your wake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

I plan on being cremated myself.

You could always ask your family to eat you too. Saves them money on food for a bit and you will forever be part of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    tie me to an anchor and throw me in the sea with a note saying "hello, from the world of land men" just in case there are any intelligent beings at the bottom of the ocean. Who knows, maybe the movie 'The Abyss' really had something.

Lol, to be honest my grandparents (and Mom) are oldschool and really want a big funeral with all family and stuff, but it's just so troublesome. I told my Mom if I die early just do whatever is cheapest and don't bother people by having any gathering.

Kind of hardcore but meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Pretty much this.

My mom already told me that when she dies, that she doesn't want a funeral or anything like that, she just wants to be cremated and be with us, then throw her ashes on the ocean, it's mainstream she told me once. Haha, I love my mom.

As for me, I don't want to be put in a coffin and have people look at me while I'm all white and dead, it's stupid, I don't want people to look at me when I'm dead, it's absurd. I want to be cremated too when I die, I don't care about a funeral, all I would like, would be just some kind of ceremony and that's pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    You could always ask your family to eat you too. Saves them money on food for a bit and you will forever be part of them.
    How disturbing...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    just put my remains in a fuckin' evening bag and chuck it in the ground.
    Noted...

My grandfather recently got cremated and for some obscure reason they requested a coffin as well. 1000€ down the drain for a coffin that was in use for maybe 2 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cremate me; but first, save some of my DNA - so that the world, many years in the future when the technology is good enough, can analyze it and figure out why I was so fucking awesome.

The fact that you purposefully went out to purchase a coffin for when you're dead is messed up.

The fact that a moderator in the first reply (Fuzzie is a mod, right?) didn't say anything at all about this is just completely fucked up.

Deleted
    I want them to make a hellicopter out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    How disturbing...
    technically that's what's going to happen anyway :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    I want a funeral pyre, old school style with coins over the eyes and everything.
    I can imagine that being pretty cool, my only question is would there be legal hoops to jump through here in the U.S.?

And for the record, cremation in a cardboard box. Cremation can cost thousands of dollars, it all depends on what you buy for the cremation. Most states require the body be cremated in a container, and funeral companies offer wood caskets costing several thousand dollars. Burn me in a television box for all I care.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

I'm glad to see that people are taking some responsibility off their family/friends for when the time comes. Death will happen to each and every one of us and it's best to plan ahead so there are no complications. Make sure you get your will noterized and keep it up to date so you don't end up giving all your stuff to an ex.... While you're at it, if you have kids I suggest getting life insurance because they could be getting over a hundred thousand dollars and no, that money does not have to go towards any funeral expenses. At least not in New York, USA. Trust me, it makes a huge difference planning everything out yourself. Things can opperate smoothly because nobodies going to be thinking clearly when someone they're close with dies.

Also, I don't think a funeral pyre requires jumping through loops but maybe a permit. Everything requires a permit these days....

Cremation is actually becoming more and more expensive as it gains popularity. The crematories are driving up their prices and that's one cost the funeral home passes directly to the client, they can't make money off of that.

Personally, I like the idea of eating our dead. Cook them well when they're fresh or freeze them and you don't have to worry about bacteria as much. It's probably the most efficient thing to do with a corpse. I mean, what do you think happens with the rest of the dead bodies from other species? They get eaten! It's morbid and wasteful to keep someone around for hundreds of years stuffed full of toxins.
    Last edited by XdarkXanarchyX; 2012-10-01 at 10:13 PM.

closed casket and no viewing of me. As if I want everyone i loved in the world to see my dead corpse and have them with that memory of me in their heads for the rest of their lives.