Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FathomFear View Post
    Tibetan sky funeral > cremation > donate body to science > burial
    I considered donating my body to my nearest University Hospital, but frankly the thought of my dead cold body being poked, prodded, cut open everywhere, maybe limbs cut off etc... not sure I want to leave whoever cares about me that idea or image of my remains.

I'm already signed up as an organ donor, I think that's as far as I can go when it comes to donating (parts of) myself to someone else or science. I'd like my loved ones to have a plot they can visit where they know my body, or remains thereof actually are, however stupid that may sound to others.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My only real request in this regard, besides being buried with my wife, is to not put good wood in the ground. I don't want anything fancy, but why waste good wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    My only real request in this regard, besides being buried with my wife, is to not put good wood in the ground. I don't want anything fancy, but why waste good wood?
    I chuckled at 'good wood'.

Anyway, I don't care too much, bury my in my back yard, in concrete, I'm not fussed. After all, I'll be dead.

-Grim

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    I chuckled at 'good wood'.
    Eh, that comes more from a long line of woodworkers and carpenters. I spent a lot of time with my grandpa in his wood shop and have started my own. I don't make extravagant pieces. I mostly make tables, chairs and desks, but I do have a couple library tables made.

Deleted
    Actually it does matter..

Hermetically sealed coffin works the best. Well, anything that prevents decay and keeps the bugs and germs out works, I guess:P So after 10000 years, when you're dug out, you'll still be somewhat preserved and it's possible to toss you into iReincarnator (tm) and off you go again.

Deleted
    Why have a grave? Why not just throw people in a corpse deposit land and have them burned and bury the ashes in the ground somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to be made into a gem and fit into a piece of jewelry and worn by the wife i leave behind, or whom ever i'm closest with at that time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenver View Post
    Why have a grave? Why not just throw people in a corpse deposit land and have them burned and bury the ashes in the ground somewhere?
    So close/loved ones have something physical to visit I guess? That's the reason I'd prefer to be buried, and prefer my family and friends be buried so when that time comes (hopefully not for a long time yet *knocks on wood*), I have somewhere I can go visit and maybe feel that little bit closer to them, even if it's a "placebo" feeling, if that's the correct term.

I guess you were most likely being sarcastic, but just wanted to say why I'd prefer to be buried and my family and friends be buried, than say cremated. The thought of having someones ashes on a mantle piece in my home kinda creeps me out, not sure why.

15+ Year Old Account
    One word: vanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    So close/loved ones have something physical to visit I guess? That's the reason I'd prefer to be buried, and prefer my family and friends be buried so when that time comes (hopefully not for a long time yet *knocks on wood*), I have somewhere I can go visit and maybe feel that little bit closer to them, even if it's a "placebo" feeling, if that's the correct term.

I guess you were most likely being sarcastic, but just wanted to say why I'd prefer to be buried and my family and friends be buried, than say cremated. The thought of having someones ashes on a mantle piece in my home kinda creeps me out, not sure why.
    Your family and friends could erect a little gravestone or shrine or whatever if they wanted to talk to you in the beyond or whatever. Where your corpse goes doesn't really matter, only religions say it matters.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I cant imagine why people waste so much money on coffins for people who are dead.
    Nah, the expensive coffins are for burying live people
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Your family and friends could erect a little gravestone or shrine or whatever if they wanted to talk to you in the beyond or whatever. Where your corpse goes doesn't really matter, only religions say it matters.
    Well, I'm personally not religious, but to me knowing where the gravestone is, is also where the body is, would mean a lot more than just a gravestone in a random place. But that's just me, just sharing my opinion/feeling on the subject.

Honestly I feel like I would feel extremely weird going out and searching for a coffin that I myself would be buried in.

Deleted
    If you want the expensive route, once you and your wife/partner/other close relatives have passed away, get cremated and leave your Children some money to get all the ashes turned into a small diamond

Deleted
    My parents told me they want to be cremated and then their urns places somewhere in the house.

I keep saying that if I die before everyone else, I want to be cremated or I'll come back and haunt them until they do cremate me. I know I won't care when I'm dead, but the whole idea of being eaten by bugs is a no-no for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    Quite frankly I don't care what they do with my body at all. Feed it to the fishes for all I care. If the people I leave behind have need of a gravestone I would find that very sad, as it would show they didn't quite knew me.

Let the earth consume me I say - give back to the planet I've leached off.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    just put my remains in a fuckin' evening bag and chuck it in the ground.
    Hahaha, that's the spirit.