Deleted

Gemming Arms PVE

No one can decide on what is the best way to gem a Warrior. What I'm looking for is help for Arms PvE. So far I've heard that:

• I should gem for crit/exp/hit
    • I should gem for pure strength
    • I should gem for strength/crit

I've read many guides, and they all say something different, and it baffles me. I've checked many good PvE Warrior's armoury's and they all are different. The majority I have seen stack strength, others use some secondary stat gems and some use crit/strength. Some guides say, 'All you need is crit!', and other guides say, 'For simplicity, go pure strength!'

I'm not good with stats, I need help and that's why it's rather frustrating that no one can give me solid information. So:

What should I put in red sockets? (Currently I feel Inscribed vermilion onyx for red, probably wrong)
    What should I put in yellow sockets? (Currently I feel smooth suns radiance for yellow, probably wrong)
    What should I put in blue sockets?

Red Crit/str
    Yellow Crit
    Blue Crit/hit

Deleted
    More opinions please, because I know you're out there.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-07 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    More opinions please, because I know your out there.
    you don't need more opinions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcorn View Post
    you don't need more opinions
    One person has posted. One. Take a look at how many different opinions there are in the OP. Sure, I like kubuntu's suggestions, but I know better than to trust one person.

Might want a poll, then...

Anyway, Kubuntu is correct
    yellow - crit
    red - crit / str
    blue - crit / hit

tl;dr max crit while matching socket bonuses

Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Point of this post?

Deleted
    So why should I believe that guide and go for pure strength in a red socket, when there are 2 people here saying red: cit/strength?

10+ Year Old Account
    Red: Exp/Crit, Str/Hit, Str/Crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Str/Hit, Crit/Hit

Match STR or Crit socket bonuses if it provides a higher overall value compared to not matching it. Exp and Hit hybrid gems to help to reach caps to have a better optimal reforge if possible.

It's not really complicated, you just think about the overall stats of the gems+bonus vs not a bonus, and reforging options if its more optimal or not.

Also stick to one thread please, stop making multiple threads with a variation of a question.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    Whatever, going with this then.

Red: Strength and crit
    Yellow: Crit
    Blue: Strength and hit or crit and hit.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-07 at 10:58 PM.

I would run your character through simcraft before making decisions. People are gemming for crit because at a 1:1 ratio, crit is more than half the rating of strength, and you get double the rating in your gems. However, I didn't find this to be true at the lower ~463 gear levels, strength being 2.43, and crit 0.94. It may be different for you, but you should definitely check, just in case.