Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sitting, and chairs, the questions. Part 1!

(The title is meant to be a joke. I in no way intend to make this a series of any sort, unless I have the desire to post more questions at a latter date, which I may or may not continue as episodes of this "series.")

When you're sitting down at the computer, or in your favorite chair to relax and do whatever, what position do you sit in? Do you move around a lot? Do you lean back, or forward?

What about in public?

(Bonus points if you post a picture of you sitting for the world to see.)

Oh, you can also post what kind of chair you have, or is your favorite, pictures of it, or links also work.

Me? I shift around constantly. I can't sit in the same position long, and can end up in some pretty odd positions. I also sit in a recliner, instead of a normal computer chair, and tend to prefer them or rocking chairs for general use.

Deleted

Closest I could find. My bed is right next to my computer chair, though. So instead of having my legs under the desk, I instead sit sideways with my feet up on my bed.

Back injuries go!

Deleted
    Considering I'm a lynx, I often find someone to sit on. In most cases around this part its Anakso.
    Together we look a bit like this:

On a more OT point, I tend to sit however I land in my chair. Its not very healthy for my back in the long run =/
    Last edited by mmoc510818b846; 2012-10-02 at 07:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have two ways of sitting. One is just normal with my legs crossed by the ankles, which is how I'm sitting now. But if I watch a show I pull this small table thing over a bit and turn my chair to the side (it's a big leather swivel chair) put my feet up on the table and lean back.

I also have a bad habit of sitting like this when I'm not typing or gaming, just browsing through forums or watching youtube videos etc.

But no matter what position I sit in, there is always a Lynx on my head

Deleted
    How do I sit? Like the Chinese or the Japanese usually do.

I bend my legs and yeah.

I have been sitting almost everywhere like that since I was just a baby....

In the street I just sit normally because I'm with clothes otherwise I'll just sit in a relaxed way with my legs stretched.

Deleted
    Yes, I move a lot in my chair at computer since by but starts to hurt for sitting so much in same position.

In exterior though I sit normal even if it's annoying out of respect for others, since my computer positions are more weird as time passes.

Deleted
    Weird thread idea. I like it.

To demonstrate how I usually sit I shall invoke the aid of the honourable and helpful Jarls of Skyrim.

When I'm on my own, I sit like a real Jarl, Balgruuf-style:

When I'm out in public, I get all self-concious and sit like a prude Jarl, Elisif-style:

Bonus, when I'm drunk and someone snaps a pic of me, I sit like this and swear at the camera:

I don't sit, I just go all zen mode and float .. .... .....
    Fine, I sit laid back, and I can usually sit like that for hours without feeling the need to move. Sounds worse when I have written it down than it did in my head tbh ..

Deleted
    No picture but you can get a mspaint drawing.

But often with my head leaning on my knees.

Deleted
    Just like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    How do I sit? Like the Chinese or the Japanese usually do.

I bend my legs and yeah.

I have been sitting almost everywhere like that since I was just a baby....

In the street I just sit normally because I'm with clothes otherwise I'll just sit in a relaxed way with my legs stretched.
    Do you sit seiza in front of the computer? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I sit in a lot of different ways. Sometimes I pull my knees up and I wrap one of my arms around, but when my arm falls asleep, I have to readjust. Generally though, I swing my swivel chair to a bend in the counter next to my desk and put my feet there, and I rest my head on my arms that rest on the desk that my monitor is situated on. If I'm in public, I generally sit like Baiyn above me does. Btw, this is quite an interesting topic, it makes me sad that few people are posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Btw, this is quite an interesting topic, it makes me sad that few people are posting.
    I know, the fact that it has over 300 views but only 11 posts makes me rather sad. I had another few things planned out for future parts, too.

im a bad artiste but...

"Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    I know, the fact that it has over 300 views but only 11 posts makes me rather sad. I had another few things planned out for future parts, too.
    Perhaps it's because it's VERY hard to explain how you sit to others, and some of us (including me) can't even draw stick figures in paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Perhaps it's because it's VERY hard to explain how you sit to others, and some of us (including me) can't even draw stick figures in paint.
    That's a good point, maybe it's time for part two, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    No picture but you can get a mspaint drawing.

But often with my head leaning on my knees.
    L, is that you?

OT: I have a slipped vertebrae so I constantly have to shift every 5 minuets or so. I pretty much sit every way that's already been shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    L, is that you?

OT: I have a slipped vertebrae so I constantly have to shift every 5 minuets or so. I pretty much sit every way that's already been shown.
    I don't have a slipped vertebrae, but a couple were fractured when I was younger. Have had back issues since, which is one of the reasons I can't sit still, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    I don't have a slipped vertebrae, but a couple were fractured when I was younger. Have had back issues since, which is one of the reasons I can't sit still, lol.
    Sucks, huh? >:/ I didn't have any injury that I can think of, it just kinda showed up. I haven't had a decent night's sleep in a couple years. I work out and try to keep the back strong, but it doesn't really help. Got an epidural a couple weeks ago but that's not doing me any good either. What-ev, it is what it is. Btw, I like your new avatar and sig :P

I sit the normal way people seem to sit in computer chairs, but I'm usually jiggling one of my legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Part 1? My aren't you an awfully confident about this thread Val.

ITT: Criss-cross-apple-sauce.