Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Justice Gear Hotfix, Mogu'shan Vaults and Season 12, Pet Battle Hotfixes, MoP Event

Faction Justice Gear Reputation Requirements Hotfix
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We've just applied a hotfix that removes the faction requirements for Justice gear.

Shado-Pan and August Celestial factions will no longer require Golden Lotus faction to purchase this gear. This will allow players who have reached level 90 to have additional sources of item level (ilevel) 450 gear to progress into the Dungeon Finder Heroic dungeons more readily.

Players who are looking to purchase this gear should seek out the following vendors:

Townlong Steppes:

Vale of Eternal Blossoms:

Dread Wastes:

Reminder: Mogu'shan Vaults Raid Opens This Week
    Don't forget that Normal difficulty Mogu'shan Vaults is opening this week! Heroic and Raid Finder difficulty will open next week.

Level Type Spec Slot Name
    489NeckTankNeck Beads of the Mogu'shi
    489ClothSpell SpiritLegs Jade Dust Leggings
    489BackSpell SpiritBack Cape of Three Lanterns
    489ClothSpell DPSWaist Ruby-Linked Girdle
    489ClothSpell DPSHands Claws of Amethyst
    489LeatherSpell SpiritWaist Stonebound Cinch
    489LeatherPhysical DPSLegs Stoneflesh Leggings
    489MailSpell SpiritHead Sixteen-Fanged Crown
    489MailPhysical DPSChest Stonefang Chestguard
    489MailPhysical DPSWrists Stonemaw Armguards
    489PlateTankWaist Star-Stealer Waistguard
    489PlateMeleeFeet Jasper Clawfeet
    489PlateSpell DPSFeet Heavenly Jade Greatboots
    489DaggerPhysical DPSOne Hand Dagger of the Seven Stars
    489FingerSpell SpiritFinger Feng's Ring of Dreams
    489Off HandSpell SpiritHeld In Off-hand Fan of Fiery Winds
    489FingerPhysical DPSFinger Feng's Seal of Binding
    489NeckSpell DPSNeck Amulet of Seven Curses
    489BackMeleeBack Cloak of Peacock Feathers
    489BackPhysical DPSBack Arrow Breaking Windcloak
    489ClothSpell DPSChest Imperial Ghostbinder's Robes
    489LeatherSpell SpiritHead Hood of Cursed Dreams
    489LeatherPhysical DPSWaist Tomb Raider's Girdle
    489MailSpell SpiritWaist Chain of Shadow
    489MailPhysical DPSFeet Wildfire Worldwalkers
    489PlateTankWrists Bracers of Six Oxen
    489PlateMeleeHead Nullification Greathelm
    489PlateSpell SpiritLegs Legplates of Sagacious Shadows
    489NeckMeleeNeck Soulgrasp Choker
    489FingerSpell SpiritFinger Circuit of the Frail Soul
    489ClothSpell SpiritFeet Sandals of the Severed Soul
    489ClothSpell DPSShoulders Shadowsummoner Spaulders
    489LeatherSpell SpiritShoulders Spaulders of the Divided Mind
    489LeatherPhysical DPSShoulders Netherrealm Shoulderpads
    489MailSpell SpiritLegs Leggings of Imprisoned Will
    489MailPhysical DPSWaist Fetters of Death
    489PlateTankFeet Sollerets of Spirit Splitting
    489PlateMeleeWrists Bonded Soul Bracers
    489PlateSpell SpiritWrists Bindings of Ancient Spirits
    489ShieldSpell SpiritOff Hand Eye of the Ancient Spirit
    489Fist WeaponPhysical DPSOne Hand Gara'kal, Fist of the Spiritbinder
    489NeckSpell SpiritNeck Zian's Choker of Coalesced Shadow
    489NeckPhysical DPSNeck Amulet of the Hidden Kings
    489ClothSpell SpiritHead Hood of Blind Eyes
    489BackPhysical DPSBack Arrow Breaking Windcloak
    489ClothSpell DPSHands Undying Shadow Grips
    489BackSpell DPSBack Mindshard Drape
    489LeatherSpell SpiritWrists Bracers of Dark Thoughts
    489LeatherPhysical DPSWrists Bracers of Violent Meditation
    489MailPhysical DPSLegs Subetai's Pillaging Leggings
    489MailSpell DPSFeet Meng's Treads of Insanity
    489PlateTankShoulders Shoulderguards of the Unflanked
    489PlateMeleeChest Breastplate of the Kings' Guard
    489PlateSpell SpiritWaist Girdle of Delirious Visions
    489ShieldTankOff Hand Steelskin, Qiang's Impervious Shield
    489PolearmPhysical DPSTwo Hand Screaming Tiger, Qiang's Unbreakable Polearm
    489TrinketTrinket Vial of Dragon's Blood
    489TrinketTrinket Bottle of Infinite Stars
    489TrinketTrinket Light of the Cosmos
    489FingerTankFinger Band of Bursting Novas
    489ClothSpell SpiritWaist Galaxyfire Girdle
    489ClothSpell DPSWaist Orbital Belt
    489LeatherSpell SpiritFeet Phasewalker Striders
    489LeatherPhysical DPSChest Chestguard of Total Annihilation
    489MailSpell SpiritShoulders Shoulders of Empyreal Focus
    489PlateMeleeHands Starcrusher Gauntlets
    489PlateSpell SpiritHead Crown of Keening Stars
    489One-handed AxeMeleeOne Hand Elegion, the Fanged Crescent
    489Two-handed SwordMeleeTwo Hand Starshatter
    489WandSpell DPSRanged Torch of the Celestial Spark
    489TrinketTrinket Lei Shin's Final Orders
    489TrinketSpell SpiritTrinket Qin-xi's Polarizing Seal
    489NeckSpell DPSNeck Worldwaker Cachabon
    489ClothSpell DPSHead Hood of Focused Energy
    489LeatherSpell SpiritLegs Magnetized Leggings
    489LeatherPhysical DPSHead Crown of Opportunistic Strikes
    489MailPhysical DPSHands Grips of Terra Cotta
    489PlateTankChest Chestguard of Eternal Vigilance
    489PlateMeleeLegs Jang-xi's Devastating Legplates
    489PlateSpell SpiritShoulders Spaulders of the Emperor's Rage
    489BowPhysical DPSRanged Fang Kung, Spark of Titans
    489One-handed MaceSpell SpiritMain Hand Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor

PvP Season 12 Begins October 2!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Prepare yourselves for battle as the bloody struggle between the Horde and the Alliance continues on Pandaria’s shores!

The first PvP season of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria begins tomorrow, October 2! Once realms have come back up from scheduled maintenance, Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings will be reset and players will able to compete in level-90 Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds for the best PvP gear, items, and titles.

Pet Battles - Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    As Mists of Pandaria continues to unravel its mysteries, there are bound to be a few bugs that crop up from time to time and we’re working diligently on getting each one addressed. For the pet battlers among you, here are some of the hotfixes we’ve recently applied to the game:

• A bug has been fixed that caused turn inputs to sometimes be skipped, causing only one pet to take action that turn
    • Conceding in a random PVP Pet Battle should now count as a loss
    • State-dependent abilities should no longer have their effects reversed (example: Maul should correctly require that the target be Bleeding)

Full balance change-list that was applied during the recent hotfixes:
    • Build Turret: Cooldown increased by 1 round
    • Tidal Wave, Magma Wave: Damage increased 40%
    • Scorched Earth: Initial damage increased 66%
    • Call Blizzard: Damage increased 66%
    • Sunlight: Damage increased 100%
    • Sandstorm: Damage increased 66%
    • Call Darkness: Damage increased 100%
    • Illuminate: Damage increased 100%
    • Arcane Storm: Damage per pet increased 60%
    • Moonfire: Damage increased 150%
    • Call Lightning: Damage increased 150%
    • Cleansing Rain: Healing increased 60%
    • Dive/Devastate/Proto-Stike/Lift-Off/Heroic Leap/Meteor Strike/Launch: Damage increased 17%
    • Howl: Duration increased to 2 rounds, cooldown increased to 3 rounds
    • Horn Attack: Damage increased 47%
    • Crouch/Staggered Steps: Cooldown reduced by 1 rounds
    • Extra Plating: Duration and cooldown increased by 1 round
    • Perk Up: Healing increased 40%
    • Swarm/Stampede/Zergling Rush/Flock: Damage increased 12.5%
    • Quake: Damage increased 20%, cooldown reduced 1 round
    • Tympanic Tantrum: Damge increased 40%, cooldown increased 1 round
    • Bleat: Cooldown reduced 1 round
    • Ancient Blessing: Healing increased 40%
    • Crystal Overload: Damage to self reduced 37.5%
    • Conflagrate: Base and bonus damage increased 25%
    • Plant: Healing per turn increased 20%
    • Inspiring Song: Healing per pet increased 20%
    • Coocoon strike: Cooldown reduced 1 round
    • Squawk: Cooldown removed
    • Cyclone: Damage per pet increased 40%
    • Whirlwind: Damage per pet increased 10%
    • Focus: Duration increased 2 rounds
    • Surge of Light: Base damage increased 25%
    • Perfumed Arrow: Damage increased 10%
    • Aged Yolk/Eggnog/Sear Magic: Cooldown reduced 1 round
    • Lock-On: Damage reduced 10%
    • Wind-Up: Damage increased 12.5%
    • Rabid Strike: Damage increased 30%
    • Bonestorm: Cooldown reduced 1 round

In addition, we’re investigating a possible issue with traps not upgrading and will get it resolved as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your continued feedback and bug reports. We appreciate your enthusiasm for this new feature, as well as the time you’ve taken to discuss the Pet Battle system!

Mists of Pandaria Launch Event
    Curse was able to make it out to the Irvine launch event and speak with a few of the fans there.

Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-02 at 04:12 PM.

God I cant WAIT to raid. So excited for tomorrow.

Deleted
    A change to Justice Points was needed but now it's just like the previous justice points vendor but you have to fly everywhere to find gear..

The JP Fix was much appreciated. Now it can actually be used and not just there.

Deleted
    was looking forward to LFR this reset aha, ah well still getting over all the hype since release day!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice tweaks on pet battles. Hopefully they are seeing a lot of people participating so we can get additional features there, such as held items and perhaps EVs or equivalent to further diversify. I also think a few more abilities need to be able to be learned - its hard covering your bases with a small available move pool. We're basically just guessing on what to cover. Great so far!

Quote Originally Posted by torterra275 View Post
    The JP Fix was much appreciated. Now it can actually be used and not just there.
    Yep glad they realized its a little dumb to gate gear that when you have the required rep to finally unlock it its useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally I can buy upgrades! That was much needed... Thank you, Blizzard!

Deleted
    Any1 know how long servers will be down?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would guess between 10-20 minutes which is normal for minor hotfix-patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Yep glad they realized its a little dumb to gate gear that when you have the required rep to finally unlock it its useless.
    Pretty much this.

I don't know if I'd say I'm surprised, but I don't really understand how something as basic as this was overlooked.... you basically had people crafting PvP gear to raise iLvl in order to run heroics.

Deleted
    Once again, Blizzard has made things easier for those people who just don't have the attitude and spirit to get their stuff from Heroic instances to be ready for raiding, before they go live.
    You didn't do these things in Vanilla, why would you do them now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suokki View Post
    Once again, Blizzard has made things easier for those people who just don't have the attitude and spirit to get their stuff from Heroic instances to be ready for raiding, before they go live.
    This is just for JP gear, not Valor gear. By the time you would have been honored with these factions you would have been long past jp gear anyway. This was a good move. Having to grind rep to revered for epics is fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevecow View Post
    This is just for JP gear, not Valor gear. By the time you would have been honored with these factions you would have been long past jp gear anyway. This was a good move. Having to grind rep to revered for epics is fine.
    So? I dont care if its blue or purple items which you get once you ding 90 and gather some JP. I still want to feel the same way, as we had a chance to feel back in the days, you had to do WORK in effort to get into DUNGEONs, with HARD bosses, if you lacked GEAR, you couldn't BEAT THE BOSS.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/artic...what-happened/

After reading this article, I started hoping for a timetravelling machine.

I just knew someone would play this card at some point.

Seriously, how do you think waiting forever for the RNG to go your way and waiting a month to be able to buy ANYTHING from anyone equals fun?
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkpower View Post
    I just knew someone would play this card at some point.

Seriously, how do you think waiting forever for the RNG to go your way and waiting a month to be able to buy ANYTHING from anyone equals fun?
    Think 2005, waiting forever for loot? Yeah, I hated it, but the same time, I loved it, 'cos you had to do work to achieve something good.
    Nowdays you just log in, press button, press another one, you're inside an instance, 15 minutes later you might get something or you dont.
    I actually enjoyed adventuring to an instance with randoms.
    Tho I have to admit, it sucked ass if somebody left the group and HS'd back to Stormwind, yeah I do have to admit that, and also spending 5-8 hours in BRD sucked ass aswell, but at the end of the day, if you got the loot you wanted, it felt like it was all worth it.
    Prove me wrong, but I loved to work for my gear.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So? I dont care if its blue or purple items which you get once you ding 90 and gather some JP. I still want to feel the same way, as we had a chance to feel back in the days, you had to do WORK in effort to get into DUNGEONs, with HARD bosses, if you lacked GEAR, you couldn't BEAT THE BOSS.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/artic...what-happened/

After reading this article, I started hoping for a timetravelling machine.
    This is not 2004 everyone has grown up got a job have family it's getting near 2013. When i raided back in vanilla everyone i know was lonely nerds watching jenna haze dvd's after raids. Now they're all married have things to do no one grows young

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danifilth View Post
    This is not 2004 everyone has grown up got a job have family it's getting near 2013. When i raided back in vanilla everyone i know was lonely nerds watching jenna haze dvd's after raids. Now they're all married have things to do no one grows young
    This is very true, yes, even in my guild we still have dudes from Vanilla days who are now almost 30 / over 30 years old with family and stuff, but still, they are giving 150% right now because MoP just came out, and you have to gear up for upcoming raid, you will tell your wife and kids that daddy has a long adventure to complete.
    Thats how I roll...

Your point is invalid because the whole point of people buying JP gear is to obtain the required ilvl to que for Heroic Dungeons. If you quest only, you are stuck in the 435-39ish range, and just a bit away from the 440 required ilvl to que for Heroic Dungeons. Most people do not do all the quests in Dread Waste as well, so they need the item boost they need. Before this hotfix, most people would go buy the ilvl 450 pvp gears off the AH to boost their ilvl because they cannot buy the JP gear due to having not reached honored yet for the specific factions. This hotfix is, therefore, a good effect so that people are able to farm for Heroic Dungeons and gear up before raid, instead of having to do dailies/quests to gain reputation to be able to que up.

Think 2005, waiting forever for loot? Yeah, I hated it, but the same time, I loved it, 'cos you had to do work to achieve something good.
    Nowdays you just log in, press button, press another one, you're inside an instance, 15 minutes later you might get something or you dont.
    I actually enjoyed adventuring to an instance with randoms.
    Tho I have to admit, it sucked ass if somebody left the group and HS'd back to Stormwind, yeah I do have to admit that, and also spending 5-8 hours in BRD sucked ass aswell, but at the end of the day, if you got the loot you wanted, it felt like it was all worth it.
    Prove me wrong, but I loved to work for my gear.
    You still work to get it, but the work is from being able to down a boss effectively and not from sheer luck of what actually ends up dropping. If one of my kill attempts is successful, then I know now that even when nothing dropped off the boss, that I'm going to get some Valor or whatever to be able to buy something down the line, and I'll be able to do that because I worked to help my raid group down a boss that they otherwise might've not had. Same for another else: if they weren't there, could they be able to kill that boss?

Now, take your logic (2005 or whatever when we were watching...WHOSE DVD's?). You kill a boss. Boss drops some loot. Not only is it nothing you need (or can even use), but you also got nothing for the kill in the way of points or whatever. That work was for nothing. Yes, the first time, you're happy that you downed the guy, but let's fast forward to the 10th time you've downed him. Yeah, now you know you can kill it, even though you being there is essential to the attempt being a kill, and you've STILL haven't gotten anything from that boss (even though you know that the boss' loot table includes things that you desperately need). Imagine waiting a few months before finally seeing that one gear piece drop.

Now, imagine that after that 10th time, you could've had enough Valor to get three pieces that would negate your need for that boss drop.

Imagine that by that point, the next tier could've dropped.

That's the issue we faced in this case. The JP gear was behind a wall that, by the time we got over it, we would've wondered why we bothered. The gear would've been outdated and not worth all the trouble we went through to get to even buy it. Keep in mind that the Golden Lotus rep is so far the most controversial in this xpac so far (not sure WHY you HAVE to do the GL stuff to even be allowed to do a few others, but whatever). I have a hard time seeing what the point would be to even try to go after any of it (especially when you have to do the GL stuff for ALL your toons...why, again, is beyond me).

And there's your proof, as someone else said and I'm trumpeting right now: the GL stuff just takes SO MUCH TIME to do that it becomes pointless to try to do any of it for gear that will get replaced by gear that's easier to get.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!