Playable races in Warcraft : The Roleplaying game

Does anybody know what are the playable races in the warcraft RPG not the MMO or games series?
    A link with info works as well. Thanks

Deleted
    You mean this?

I think that might be what you're looking for. Considering you're new I'd suspect that you're looking for this in particular. If not I'm sorry, but your post is not very concrete.

10+ Year Old Account
    isn't the OP looking for Races, not classes?

Well, as it is based on the 3.5 D&D rules, most races are playable. The core races however are:
    1st Edition:
    Core Rules 1
    Human
    Ironforge Dwarf
    High Elf
    Night Elf
    Goblin
    Half-Elf
    Half-Orc
    Orc
    Tauren

Alliance and Horde Compendium
    Wildhammer Dwarf
    Blood Elf
    Furbolg
    Gnome
    Naga
    Pandaren
    Jungle Troll

2nd Edition:
    Core Rules
    Ironforge Dwarf
    High Elf
    Night Elf
    Gnome
    Goblin
    Human
    Orc
    Tauren
    Jungle Troll
    Forsaken Undead

Alliance Player's Guide
    Half-elf
    Furbolg
    Wildhammer Dwarf

Horde Player's Guide
    Half-ogre
    Half-orc
    Forest Troll

Dark Factions
    Dragonspawn
    Dark Iron Dwarves
    Murloc
    Naga
    Pandaren
    Quilboar
    Satyr
    Tuskarr
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Thanks guys I was looking for the races ye.Blizz recently replied to a question "what other races have been considered as playable" and the answer was to look at the reoleplaying game because a lot of the ideas came from there.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:50 AM ----------

So these are the races not playable in wow but playable in the RPG. That means the most probable next playable race is within these.
    High Elf
    Naga
    Furbolg
    Half-ogre
    Dragonspawn
    Murloc
    Quilboar
    Satyr
    Tuskarr
    Last edited by Warmage; 2012-10-09 at 04:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh so THAT was what this was all about, , ,

you want to guess what the next playable race will be. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Warmage View Post
    Thanks guys I was looking for the races ye.Blizz recently replied to a question "what other races have been considered as playable" and the answer was to look at the reoleplaying game because a lot of the ideas came from there.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:50 AM ----------

So these are the races not playable in wow but playable in the RPG. That means the most probable next playable race is within these.
    High Elf
    Naga
    Furbolg
    Half-ogre
    Dragonspawn
    Murloc
    Quilboar
    Satyr
    Tuskarr
    Cut out the naga, it's extremely unlikely that a minion of the old gods would join either faction.
    Dragonspawn are loyal only to the dragonflights, and considering what happened in 4.3, I don't think Blizzard wants any more light on them for a long while.
    Murlocs are dumb creatures. If there's an intelligent version (like the Oracles) that would actually WANT to join a faction, that's possible, but murlocs themselves won't.
    Quillboar are also seen as dumb creatures and I don't think either faction would want them in (especially the Horde as the quillboar harass the Tauren)
    Satyr are demons and wouldn't be trusted by either faction. Same deal with the naga; even if there was a subfaction that turned out to be good, they wouldn't be trusted because of what the rest of their species has done to both factions.
    Tuskarr have been past their time in the light, so unless we go back to Northrend, I don't see them being viable as a new race... plus, they don't seem to care for the cross-faction bickering.

Which leaves high elves and half-ogres... high elves, if anything, are going to assimilate with the sin'dorei, as tensions between their two groups are beginning to heal (as seen sliiiightly within 4.1). Half-ogres, if you're talking Mok'nathal, are neutral by nature, so it would take some pretty extreme circumstances for them to join up with the Horde. They probably wouldn't join the Alliance, nor would the Alliance want them to join, considering their race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out that the Pearlfin in Pandaria are in fact the evolved form of murlocs, at least according to Lorewalker Cho.

I personally would of loved to see the Hozen and the Pearlfin be the new playable races but alas no. Which really really sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    expect surprises. in the future new races are just as likely to come completely out of left field (Blue Eredar? Werewolves?) as from deep within the existing lore (Goblins, Blood elves, Pandaran).
    _______

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Murlocs are dumb creatures.
    A bigotted and ignorant misconception if i ever saw one!!

_______

I wonder if they would ever consider non-bipeds such as Centaur/Dryads/Wyrmkin/Tolvir/Nerubian/etc etc
    or non-corporeal beings such as wraiths or banshees or elementals
    or an entire 'faction' of hybrids, Such as orc/draenei or globlin/gnome that each have to choose Alliance or Horde like the pandaran do (this would included undead alliance races that choose not to follow sylvanas).
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-10 at 07:44 PM.

Honestly, I don't really think blizzard is looking at the RPG for any lore, since, if they had looked at it, I doubt they'd tell players to take a look. Almost all the extra playable races I listed a couple of posts ago are rather different from their WoW versions, which in some cases explains their playability. For example, the murlocs are as tall and intelligent as humans, and tribes regularly send traders to nearby alliance & horde settlements. High elves form the majority of the Sindorei race, with the blood elves just being a small group of evil nomadic terrorists. Tuskarr have a much larger population, with Kaskala having more than twice the population of thunder bluff.

However, ignoring that: Of the other races, I can see a group of naga or satyr seeking refuge blood elf lands for protection (as the races have worked together before). Of course, the naga have their mechanical problems (How do you fit a creature without legs on all the mounts using only a few sitting animations?), so that limits it to satyr. With the ashenvale alliance quest where a satyr seeks redemption, I can kind of imagine setting them up as a neutral race, with the majority of a satyr sect being destroyed during the main conflict of expansion X, part seeking the redemption of Elune in the alliance, part seeking to rebuild as part of the horde.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for Furbolgs as playable alliance race... so many missed opportunities

Deleted
    Weren't the RPG books declared non-canon a while ago though? That basically puts to rest any sort of claim of their influence.

Besides, most of the ones on that little list are races which can be pretty much ruled out, as previous posters said. If they add a new race, it'll probably be a) completely new or at least hardly mentioned in the lore and b) neutral. Seriously, pandaren worked out great! Why spend twice the amount of time on two races when everyone is satisfied with one! (sarcasm)

I'll never give hope for playable ogres though....

Deleted
    I still remember that quest in old desolace where that centaur prophet tells you "I hope when next we meet, it will be on much different terms." And ""I need no home to know I still have a place in this world, <class>. The tribes will see...all of them. They fight amongst one another, and for what? Scraps left over by vultures...lands infested by the Legion...bah! The centaur should be proud of their heritage--it's as proud as any Night elf's or orc's--it's time we started acting like it!"

I was so excited when I read it cause I don't know you but I'd LOVE a centaur warrior, shaman, hunter, warlock if possible and whatnot. Druid as well, why not. We have goblin shamans

I am VERY displeased! I wanted to RP a draenei! Obviously Blizzard doesn't think the draenei are even worth mentioning! If it weren't for them I wouldn't even PLAY! Verrrrryyy vexxed.

Deleted
    I'm still hoping for Blizzard to call out "New races for Warlords of Draenor: Arakkoa and Ogre" this is the best opportunity if I ever saw one...

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthecrop View Post
    I'm still hoping for Blizzard to call out "New races for Warlords of Draenor: Arakkoa and Ogre" this is the best opportunity if I ever saw one...
    It would be fantastic, especially with the updated Ogre models... I'd play one, for sure. And I'd definitely play one of those awesome Arakkoa (assuming they look like their statue).

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Cut out the naga, it's extremely unlikely that a minion of the old gods would join either faction.
    Dragonspawn are loyal only to the dragonflights, and considering what happened in 4.3, I don't think Blizzard wants any more light on them for a long while.
    Murlocs are dumb creatures. If there's an intelligent version (like the Oracles) that would actually WANT to join a faction, that's possible, but murlocs themselves won't.
    Quillboar are also seen as dumb creatures and I don't think either faction would want them in (especially the Horde as the quillboar harass the Tauren)
    Satyr are demons and wouldn't be trusted by either faction. Same deal with the naga; even if there was a subfaction that turned out to be good, they wouldn't be trusted because of what the rest of their species has done to both factions.
    Tuskarr have been past their time in the light, so unless we go back to Northrend, I don't see them being viable as a new race... plus, they don't seem to care for the cross-faction bickering.

Which leaves high elves and half-ogres... high elves, if anything, are going to assimilate with the sin'dorei, as tensions between their two groups are beginning to heal (as seen sliiiightly within 4.1). Half-ogres, if you're talking Mok'nathal, are neutral by nature, so it would take some pretty extreme circumstances for them to join up with the Horde. They probably wouldn't join the Alliance, nor would the Alliance want them to join, considering their race.
    read Dark Factions chapter 1