Account got hacked - will it be banned?

Some creepers apparently capped my GW2-account a week ago(according to the date the e-mail change was registered). I usually live at a school with too crappy internet to play MMO's, and the e-mail is my old GW1-account mail and no longer my primary e-mail, so I didn't notice until I got back home now. Any experiences with this? As it has probably been used for botting for several days, are there any chance my account will be permabanned and I'll have to get a new one?
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Deleted
    Sounds unlikely, they should be able to see everything that has happened to your account and tell you exactly how and when you got hacked. If they can't then they have failed at customer service. Can't speak for Anet but I've been hacked in wow and blizz got my character back to how it was before in hours while Hotmail never gave me the hacked account the hackers used back.

Deleted
    They will probably ban the account BUT after everything is sorted out they normally will give it back to you (you know, putting in a ticket, proving it's yours, maybe try to pinpoint the reason for the hack etc.).
    At least that is what they tend do to in most of these cases. So if the account gets banned: don't panic and handle your ticket polite and with patience.

Yeah, I did that, gave them the serial number etc. I'm pretty sure I gave reasonable proof it wasn't my doing, I'm mostly curious if I'll get the acc back, as I've heard arenanet are pretty loose on the ban trigger :/
    10 char req. - because explaining is good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    Yeah, I did that, gave them the serial number etc. I'm pretty sure I gave reasonable proof it wasn't my doing, I'm mostly curious if I'll get the acc back, as I've heard arenanet are pretty loose on the ban trigger :/
    yes and i like that ban trigger, gets rid of bots fasters, gold sellers etc and hacked accounts. But if you are the victim of a hack just get to customer support and they should give it back

Deleted
    You'll be fine, there are plenty of ways for them to easily see if it was you or someone else playing the account, all you have to prove is that you're the original owner - they already have logs of who has logged on to the account and what they've done so you don't need to worry about that. It may take a few days but you should get the account back.

Normally yes it does get banned, but when you regain control of the account they unban it for you. the ban is just to prevent anyone else from accessing and using it until you get it back under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarghol View Post
    While I thankfuly have not been hacked yet in GW2 here's my experience from GW1. If they even suspect an accounts been hacked they tend to ban the account untill the true account owner contacts them to get it restored. This not only stops the hackers from using the account for botting but also protects the account from recieveing any more damage if they catch it before the account is completely stripped. Geting the account unbaned and back in your control takes little more than geting in contact with their CS team and proving ownership with info such as CD keys and other security information.

So I guess the answer is yes and no. Technicly the account may be banned but you should be able to get it reopened without much difficulty as long as you didnt commit any major TOS violations from your own computers.

Who is John Galt?

You can attempt to get your account back before they get to your ticket if you want to see.

Go to https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery and fill it out with your information. You'll be able to reset the password and disable email verification.

If they changed the account name/email and you aren't sure what it is now, but you have your GW1 account attached to your GW2 account, then you can easily figure out what the hackers email is. Go to NCsoft.com, log in to your account and go to your account profile, you'll be able to see the hackers email.

If you do get access to your account by yourself don't cancel the ticket. You'll want them to restore the account back to your email as well as enable email verification, which they'll do when they restore it.

Also, change your password to something unique. Your password should not be anything that you use for any other account.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-10-06 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A friend of mine got hacked last week and after like 2 days he got his account back, he was lvl 80 already and had like 120 skillpoints, the hacker used all his skillpoints on random skills and farmed him some mats (quite a lot of them and some nice gold before the hacked did the transference of it), he got his account back in the state the hacker left it.