Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
    I read it, mostly troll fuel. Basically you want this game to be WoW gear treadmill which it won't be and was never designed to be. Have to say OP missed the point of the game entirely.
    I do not want a gear treadmill and no where did I say I did. I prefer the SWG approach to things, yes there is higher level gear (Mandolarian when I was playing) but its EXTREMELY difficult to get unless you know what your doing. I would like the gear acquisition to mean something as the game is right now gold acquisition trumps gear because you can buy BiS gear if you understand basic farming concepts in an MMO. That in my opinion just isn't right. Sorry you feel like constructive criticism is troll fuel. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlim View Post
    5. End game is "cosmetic", but there are a total of 54 different heavy chests pieces in the game from 1-80, and of those 54 they aren't even unique. For example "Duelist Patrol Breastplate" and "Tor's Chain Coat" are the EXACT same model. I'd love for someone to compile images of all the heavy armor available (as many are missing) so we can see exactly how many options we really have, I fear its far less than we expect.

So true. And heavy/light at least has some variation.

Every single fucking medium chest piece in the game is a variation of trench coat. There are only a couple of exceptions where instead of a trench coat it is a coat with a belt around the middle, or a jacket with ass-flaps or leg-flaps.

When I realized there is absolutely no way to make a simple flap-less and non-coat set for my thief, I came this close to uninstalling the damn game.

For a game where cosmetics is the ultimate carrot, they sure as fuck managed to lack creativity in gear design. Ridiculous.

The only reason I don't completely hate GW2 gear is because some of the nightmare and sylvari gear is very inspired.

I notice in your game list that you haven't played GW1. If you had played that game you would know exactly how the "end game" works with ArenaNet. I find that it is something that people either love or hate. Seems like you are in the latter category. And that's fine, the game is not for everybody. It is a pick up and play type of game, once you realize that then I think it all makes sense really. It's not designed to consume your life like other mmos do.

I will agree on the cosmetic options being very poor in the game. Warriors and Guardians are sorta screwed over too.

There really isn't quite as much choice or variety as Arena.net tried to advertise. The cash shop options for costumes are really lacking too. Entire wardrobe system is like so limited as to be out done by F2P games 5-6 years old already.

Definitely need more clothes and armor in the game.

Way to kill my fun, Anet. -_-

Agree there too but I recall GW1 having very limited options at the start as well. It will grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Farmville with swords
    Wrong forum.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Think developers need to learn that this whole, "Well, X game didn't have that at the start...." thing isn't going to fly with players anymore. Either you release a game that's competitive or people go elsewhere, no one wants to drop their current game to pick up your new game and then wait another 5 years while you grow it into a product that's competitive with games that are - by that time - a decade or more old.
    You will never have a game come out that has all of the developed features of an 8 year old game

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I notice in your game list that you haven't played GW1. If you had played that game you would know exactly how the "end game" works with ArenaNet. I find that it is something that people either love or hate. Seems like you are in the latter category. And that's fine, the game is not for everybody. It is a pick up and play type of game, once you realize that then I think it all makes sense really. It's not designed to consume your life like other mmos do.
    I forgot to mention GW1, I did play it but only briefly (4-5 months) the other MMO's I've played I played for 2+ years, I don't feel confident enough to say I know everything about GW1 so I didn't list it. The other games I'm a very competent player of, I just don't want to claim I'm a master at a game I'm not. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I will agree on the cosmetic options being very poor in the game.
    really? the dye option? the way you can mix and match and transmute you clothers to suit a style you want? The level of detail in the outfits? The sheer amount of armour sets in the entire game is impressive. I came from wow where this is what you got at end game (just different colours) and they weren't options just upgrades so in the end everyone is the same colour.

"you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

I don't think Fencers would be comparing the armor looks to WoW (she doesn't play that) as WoW has pretty terrible armor selection and customization as well

I will agree on the cosmetic options being very poor in the game. Warriors and Guardians are sorta screwed over too.

There really isn't quite as much choice or variety as Arena.net tried to advertise. The cash shop options for costumes are really lacking too. Entire wardrobe system is like so limited as to be out done by F2P games 5-6 years old already.

Definitely need more clothes and armor in the game.

Way to kill my fun, Anet. -_-
    I have to agree, this is my only real gripe - they definitely need to add more unique sets.

As for some people stating no end game, oh well - im 250h in of casual game play, I ain't complaining. I do my dungeon runs, soon to finish complete set (have you?).

People who claim that WvW is only just zerg fest are the people who make up the majority of the zerg. If you'd actually try to coordinate with your guild you'd notice how much there is to it.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    really? the dye option? the way you can mix and match and transmute you clothers to suit a style you want? The level of detail in the outfits? The sheer amount of armour sets in the entire game is impressive. I came from wow where this is what you got at end game (just different colours) and they weren't options just upgrades so in the end everyone is the same colour.
    I come from games where players can mix & match any item via gear transmutation &/or with non-destructive cosmetic systems. Dye-able individually &/or by section. With pre-made dye or player mixed dye. As well as instant hide/show any armor piece discretely from within the character sheet.

Those are things I would consider "standard" in a modern MMO.

The limitations in GW2 are unusual to me over the last 5 1/2 years or so of MMOs. Most have really robust vanity/cosmetic options. This is a pretty enjoyable aspect of MMOs for me. So I specifically take note of these things.

I do not play World of Warcraft.

well I will say that the dye options are better than any other mmo I've played

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    I have to agree, this is my only real gripe - they definitely need to add more unique sets.

As for some people stating no end game, oh well - im 250h in of casual game play, I ain't complaining. I do my dungeon runs, soon to finish complete set (have you?).

People who claim that WvW is only just zerg fest are the people who make up the majority of the zerg. If you'd actually try to coordinate with your guild you'd notice how much there is to it.

I want to know how you have 250 hours played and consider it casual. Games been out for 34 days? Thats more than 7 hours a day, thats NOT casual playing. But yes I have about 220 hours and I already have my complete dungeon set, I'm working on the 500k karma I need for legendary now.

Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    It does not have an end game as WoW and its clone, but it doesnt have a rich sandbox experience of EVE online either. Thats the biggest issue of me with GW2. Basically, your choice is limited, and the only thing you can pursue is pvp (sPvP and WvW). Explorer mode is fun, but it can only do so much.
    Sounds like you want to play wow and came here to bash gw2.

The simple fact is this game will be around for a long time because the price model is perfect and doesn't rely on subs like your precious wow.

I come from games where players can mix & match any item via gear transmutation &/or with non-destructive cosmetic systems. Dye-able individually &/or by section. With pre-made dye or player mixed dye. As well as instant hide/show any armor piece discretely from within the character sheet.

Those are things I would consider "standard" in a modern MMO.

The limitations in GW2 are unusual to me over the last 5 1/2 years or so of MMOs. Most have really robust vanity/cosmetic options. This is a pretty enjoyable aspect of MMOs for me. So I specifically take note of these things.

I do not play World of Warcraft.

Care to name some(more than 1) of the MMO's where that is standard?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Quote Originally Posted by jtgizmo View Post
    Care to name some(more than 1) of the MMO's where that is standard?
    Radiant Arcana, Vindictus, Rift, PWI, Continent of the 9th, Raiderz, EQ2, Aion, LOTRO.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly agree with you, OP.

sPvP feels like its ONLY intention was an attempt to be an e-sport as nearly every map pretty much feels the same. Why did they decide to roll out with less PvP variation than just about any other triple-A MMO in recent years? Hell, even SWTOR at least tried to mix things up a bit. WvW could be fun...but 90% of the time its ZvZ and 10% of the time (if you are lucky) its solid coordination and strategy on a large scale. So up to 10% of the time its actually fun.

PvE feels like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. Why bother leveling if DE's pretty much feel the same. If you level to 10 the rest of the game feels moot because of repitiion. For a game that was suppose to be 'different' in PvE it sure as hell feels like a unimaginative grinder to me. Rift already did DE's and it felt like there was more consequence to failing to push back an invasion and better reward for grouping up to succeed.

No, I don't feel like I got my $60 worth. If you are going to make a PvP oriented game then have more than WoW arena meets capture the flag or something similar to TSW's FvFvF PvP on a much larger map. If you are going to do a PvE game then how about not having everything feel like you are doing the same five things over and over again from level 10 on up.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-10-03 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild wars 2 lacks any fun and challenging end game PVE. PVP is good in this game but i think they focused to much into it and im mostly a PVE'r and once i saw videos on youtube and talked to a couple of 80's i realised nothing will be there for me in end game that i would actually enjoy. But its just my opinion

Radiant Arcana, Vindictus, Rift, PWI, Continent of the 9th, Raiderz, EQ2, Aion, LOTRO.

Fair enough, only heard of rift, eq2 and aion with lotro, never heard of the rest. And they all have those as a standard, mix and match from light to heavy?

whilst I agree that GW2 would greatly benefit in more detail on what you can color (usual gear has like 3 parts only) I still think the dye system is pretty good and transmuting items works well in gw2.