regarding boss fights tomorrow - which lvl 90 talent to use? (poll)

so tomorrow vaults is open. we're on ticontrius so queues might be long so i was gonna see which lvl 90 talents would be best. what do u guys think?

What do Tichondrius' queues have to do with seeing what 90 talents would be the best?

Anyways, switch them up on different fights, use your judgement. Generally speaking, fights with a lot of raid wide aoe damage often you'll want to take IW and other fights you'll take Invocation. Like I said, use your judgement.

im arcane so here we go

stone guard-rune of power
    feng the accursed- rune of power
    troll boss- IW
    spirit kings- rune of power(will take IW if i think there are too much movement due to rng)
    elegon- again need to test if i get hit every so often from the boss
    will of emperor- i think titan gas persist thruout the fight?? if so IW if not rune of power
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Soulstrike, you saved me a lot of time just now but considering my guild, I can just stand there and mock them for running around aimlessly.

I don't think IW will be that good on Spirit Kings even if there's loads of movement, as far as I can tell there's not much damage that is unavoidable or won't kill you/cause a huge headache if you stand in it on purpose

is everyone in agreeance with this, or are there deltas based on those who've actually done the encounter already

Deleted
    We downed the Stone Guards yesterday and had some tries with Feng to 39%. As fire I feel the spellpower window of IW is just too short to rely on for a nice combustion. And since both encounters involve movement I went with Evocation. Given that you could place to runes and just switch positions in the Feng encounter, this should be viable, too. But then again, having the glyphed Evocation during an Epicenter without the nullification barrier gets some pressure off the healers.

Sadly, I forgot to activate my AutoLog addon so no logs for this, but I finished the first encounter with 82k and the Feng tries mostly around 55k-65k. Having all proccs and the 25% percent dmg buff from Evocation active yields some really nice pyro crits and therefore huge combustions.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi there, just a quik quetion for feng , im frost btw , in epicentre he has very high miss chance would it be prefferable to keep doing invoaction in this phase ? ( my gear is really bad , 457 and all to hit/expertise)

Edit: i sed 357 lol

Having killed the first three bosses yesterday I am pretty confident that IW will be good for all three of them.
    RoP would have been very poor for the dogs we got but I could see it working on Feng and possibly Garaj'Al.
    Invocation is also fine for all three but less good for the dogs with that setup, as there were mines and void zones I had to move often and sometimes ended up channelling in dangerous stuff.

We didn't even fight up to Spirit Kings so I'll comment on that later tonight.

From my experience so far;

Stone Guard - Rune of Power or Invocation both work well
    Feng the Accursed - Rune of Power or Invocation again
    Gara'jal - I personally used Rune, but I can see any of the three working well.
    Spirit Kings - After the first few pulls, I switched back to Rune from Invocation, the movement isn't bad when you know how to avoid it.
    Elegon - Invocation or Ward, this fight was just hell if you tried to use Rune, it bugs out a lot in the shield and you can be standing dead center in it and not get any benefit. Ward is nice because damage is very, very constant, but the burst window can suck if it doesn't line up when needed. I started usng Invocation after a few pulls and found it best suited
    Will of the Emperor's - I'll probably stick to Rune since movement is fairly non-existant on that fight but Invocation would be fine too I'd imagine, hopefully get to pull them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamSpyre View Post
    From my experience so far;

Stone Guard - Rune of Power or Invocation both work well
    Feng the Accursed - Rune of Power or Invocation again
    Gara'jal - I personally used Rune, but I can see any of the three working well.
    Spirit Kings - After the first few pulls, I switched back to Rune from Invocation, the movement isn't bad when you know how to avoid it.
    Elegon - Invocation or Ward, this fight was just hell if you tried to use Rune, it bugs out a lot in the shield and you can be standing dead center in it and not get any benefit. Ward is nice because damage is very, very constant, but the burst window can suck if it doesn't line up when needed. I started usng Invocation after a few pulls and found it best suited
    Will of the Emperor's - I'll probably stick to Rune since movement is fairly non-existant on that fight but Invocation would be fine too I'd imagine, hopefully get to pull them tonight.
    Rune of power was fine on elegon last night for me

ok to update what i used for first 5 bosses

stone guard- IW amethyst,jade jasper
    feng-rune of power
    Gara'jal - rune of power
    spirit kings- rune of power (i did notice that thers not much of movement)
    elegon- rune of power
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Fire mage here. i think people should note in their comments what spec they have. It have a huge impact on talent choices..

25man
    Stone guard: Invocation
    Feng : Invocation
    Gara'jal IW (playing around think i will go back to Invocation next week)
    Spirit kings: Invocation.

i think it depends on your personal preference, and how your guild do tactics as well.

on dogs there is so much movement from all the pools / frost patches / fire strings etc that RoP is out of the question, i can see IW working but i would not recommend it for fire mages, 15s(21 with AT) is not a lot of time to setup combustion. and if you are able to plan just a little bit ahead Evo should not be hard + you heal for 40% when finished so if a pool spawn you can tank it a bit. keep an eye on fire chain casts and use it directly after they are applied etc etc.

For feng i used Evo again because of the "dead" time during epicenter+ it helps healers.
    i can see RoP working since the movement is pretty stactic, though with our tactic you would have to recast it a few times any way.

for gara'jal i was experimenting a little using IW, it did seem to pop 30% every time i used it. but i think i under used it as well(new spell and all.) one thing to note is that the 70% hp drop when entering spirit realm does not apply the buff. but it seems a nice choice on this fight since you have massive boost dmg when you exit the realm and it could potentially be a dps loss to start evocating at that point, though i might start it with 10-12 sec left on the timer to get out of realm then. Though even with IW i finished somewhere around 60-61k dps though our WoL dont show it since skada/recount seems to bug with people being in/out of realm.

on spirit kings i went with invocation again. it is just such a strong fire talent and movement can be hectic. shadow skulls/volley/annihilation etc etc. the way we did it we were kind of moving spots every so often. spreading out stacking up moving from wall.

over all i feel Invocation is far superior to RoP as fire 10% more dmg when buffed. and with raid movement the time spent on evocation is bound to be about the same as time outside of rune if not less. i can see IW being useful on some encounters but the buff only last for 15s and you need your share of rng to have it all line up, invocation lets you setup better.

we had 6-7 pulls on elegon and this is a fight were i can see IW maybe getting an advantage, it felt like there was no real time windows to use invocation without losing out on doing dps to important stuff that needed to go down fast. and the damage seems quite constant. Though invocation is prolly better sustained damage and you need that as well. as DreamSpyre mentioned you can get unlucky with time uptime of IW and things that need to go down. so either you need to hold on to your IW or plant evocation for it.

i havent checked emperor yet we aint raiding again till monday so...

Edit. hmm i think i made a wall >< sry, its late.