Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

ShockAndAwe in MoP [Official Announcement]

I've not played WoW for around 14 months since about 5-6 weeks after last expansion. I just completely lost interest and cancelled my subscription.

However recently I've had a lot of emails asking if my Addon ShockAndAwe for Enhancement Shaman will be updated for MoP as it is completely broken in beta (due to total revamp of talents that some of the code relies on). The answer is no sorry I have no plans to shell out cash for WoW and without a subscription I can't login and if I can't login I cannot change the code and see if it works. To be honest I have no motivation to login to change the code anyway.

So to all the Enhancement Shaman out there who used my addon and particularly to the many friends who helped and supported me by providing feedback and suggestions, as well as helping testing the interfacing with Rawr & EnhSim sorry but this marks the end of the line for me. Perhaps someone else will write a shiny new addon for Enhancement Shaman. In fact maybe they already have! I've not looked perhaps you should?

I know this is Shocking and may cause a Maelstrom of panic, but don't go into a Shamanistic Rage you will simply have to Purge the addon from your machine. (All puns intended).

All the best for MoP for those of you that bother to buy it.

Levva

Why not let someone else take over?

Deleted
    Noooooooooo.

=(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NaotoKan View Post
    Why not let someone else take over?
    Every single user of the addon has the source code, however due to the radical nature of the changes in 5.04 & MoP the addon needs a massive overhaul. It would be cleaner for someone to re-write big parts of it and cut n paste those bits they want to keep.

I'm happy for anyone to re-write the addon from scratch as ShockAndAwe Reborn or something. The old ShockAndAwe addon has however died due to Blizzard changes in 5.04 & MoP.

I would gadly offer you a timecard if you still had it in you to rewrite S&A.

Its not going to be the same without it or ppl like you.

Thanks for your help all these years.

Sad to see you go

Thanks for all the time you invested into the game and addon!

Deleted
    It is really sad to hear this. Thank you for everything you have done for the enhancement community. I hope you change your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the work you put in constructing and maintaining this for the past few years.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Never used this addon on my shaman, seems to me that there are other addons that do the same thing if you REALLY need to monitor your cd's in this fashion. Not a big loss IMO, good luck in your endeavors. I don't think the changes have been crazy enough for someone to not want to play anymore. JERRY JERRY JERRY :P Peace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chop0080 View Post
    Never used this addon on my shaman, seems to me that there are other addons that do the same thing if you REALLY need to monitor your cd's in this fashion. Not a big loss IMO, good luck in your endeavors. I don't think the changes have been crazy enough for someone to not want to play anymore. JERRY JERRY JERRY :P Peace.
    If Shock and Awe was only about monitoring addons for you, and Levva was only it's author... too bad for you. The fact is the the enhancement community looses one if its big theorycrafters. At least you can show some respect.

Deleted
    Added to what Deadri said, at least read a person's post before saying something like this. He didn't once say the changes in mists were making him leave. He's not played since the start of Cataclysm. The add-on just didn't require changes this expansion. Seriously, read before you post and show some respect to one of the most recognised and respected community members.
    Last edited by mmoce5ee2a432e; 2012-08-26 at 05:53 PM.

Sorry to see you head off Levva, was nice chatting to you about shaman changes on here and thoerycrafting etc. Also, thanks for that addon, helps a lot, hopefully there will be someone to pick up where you left off and make a new one.
    Last edited by Barky; 2012-08-26 at 07:13 PM.
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

Deleted
    I remember when I was starting out as a Shaman and your addon guided me well through the first tier of wotlk.

Sorry to hear you won't return

Thanks for everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Before I move on with the meat of my post, I'd like to add my thanks for Levva's contributions over the years; I used ShockandAwe when I first made the switch to Enh back in WotLK, and it was a big help, and it's always sad to see a classic tool fall to the wayside.

That said, any Enhancement players looking for a new CD tracking package might be interested to know that I am planning to include an Enhancement layout in my "Elemental Auras" package, which is currently Elemental-only. It's based on Weakauras, so it should automatically identify whichever spec you're in, and the base addon IS being updated for 5.0; I'm working with it on the beta trying to get the package ready.

I wasn't planning on announcing this before the sudden reveal in a few days, but given that many of you might start scrambling to figure out what you'll do if ShockandAwe won't work any more, I figured I'd leak the announcement here a little early. It SHOULD be ready for Tuesday; it's about half done but while I was planning to finish it this weekend, I just got hauled in to help a cousin move for today, so it may be a little late.

Thanks again Levva, the enh community as a whole will miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Before I move on with the meat of my post, I'd like to add my thanks for Levva's contributions over the years; I used ShockandAwe when I first made the switch to Enh back in WotLK, and it was a big help, and it's always sad to see a classic tool fall to the wayside.

That said, any Enhancement players looking for a new CD tracking package might be interested to know that I am planning to include an Enhancement layout in my "Elemental Auras" package, which is currently Elemental-only. It's based on Weakauras, so it should automatically identify whichever spec you're in, and the base addon IS being updated for 5.0; I'm working with it on the beta trying to get the package ready.

I wasn't planning on announcing this before the sudden reveal in a few days, but given that many of you might start scrambling to figure out what you'll do if ShockandAwe won't work any more, I figured I'd leak the announcement here a little early. It SHOULD be ready for Tuesday; it's about half done but while I was planning to finish it this weekend, I just got hauled in to help a cousin move for today, so it may be a little late.
    so happy to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is awesome news, much obliged Endus!
    Raining Pandarens because of the bouncy racial?
    Quote Originally Posted by rokatoro View Post
    Some Might say it was... (•_•).....( •_•)>⌐■-■....(⌐■_■) A heavy Rain.
    I'm so sorry ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    both of you are awesome.

Thank you for all your hard work Levva, You will be missed

I've never used it on my Shaman either, but I do know those who have and they loved it. There may be other options, just like there's at least 5 different addons that do the same as DBM, but people pick what they like. It is incredibly rude to belittle them or the addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really going to miss thus add-on! I only use it to track my lighning shield and searing totem these days but it was a massive help when I switched my main from a hunter to a enhance shaman. And like a few others have said really going to miss all that you've thrown into this community with all your theorycrafting.... And such ;D