Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Shaman new Tier bonuses suck

Is it just me or the new Resto tier bonuses are nothing special?

Both set bonuses appeal to single target healing, which isn't too great in raid
    environments, esp 25 man.

Kinda disappointed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Is it just me or the new Resto tier bonuses are nothing special?

Both set bonuses appeal to single target healing, which isn't too great in raid
    environments, esp 25 man.

Kinda disappointed.
    I remember thinking the same thing a while back but forgot what those two set bonus was. XD

Yeah, as a 25-man raider, I'm not too excited about them. The 4-piece is almost useless, and rendered even more obsolete with the RT glyph.

seems like they are designed for Challenge Modes (which they are amazing for).

Except set bonuses are disabled in challenge modes, so... yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that you don't have to wear that bonus. There are nonset pieces available for every slot.

I remember that no one who had more than a halfway decent clue about resto shaman wore T9-4pc either, for example.

That said, seeing as I won't be caught dead with the riptide glyph, I'm not too opposed to our bonuses. Especially since I'll probably do some tank healing in my new little 10-man. They're nothing special, but they're nice to have. That's quite the usual thing for the first raiding tier in an expansion.

So... have a look at the nonset pieces. They're quite lovely. My one nonset piece will probably be the chest. If you don't need the set bonus, you can pick some more of those things.

I personally don't find it all that bad that a set bonus isn't strictly mandatory if it doesn't fit your playstyle, raid size, glyphing or personal taste.

This is how it's always been. Set bonuses are always pretty lame the first tier then progressively get more interesting.

As a 10 man raider I'm pleased with the bonuses, specially because I'm not too happy with the RT glyph.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Deleted
    I'm happy enough with the 4p, going to be a great quality-of-life thing not having to wait for that 2nd riptide.

yep. Riptide glyph means cutting its hpm by so freaking much, that the whole spell becomes worthless in my eyes. Its the only small instant shamanas got, and its often a Lifesafer.

4set bonus is something i am looking forward to very much, this decision whether idle time to next riptide, or hardcast slow hw or a ch that wont hit , this is The annoying thing in shaman 10 men healing, and the Developers are addressing it with this set-bonus.

I for example had the habit of using this idle time for watershield refresh, which is now gone (i had ws on mouswheel, and i am still automatically jumping and moueswheeling after my charges went out)
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2012-10-03 at 03:32 AM.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very disappointed but what can you do..

10+ Year Old Account
    Opening tier has always been bad for set bonuses. Tier 4, 7, 11. . .all bad set bonuses. It'll get good with the next tier.

Deleted
    As a 10 man raider I look forward to them quite a lot, especially 2pc. Although they do seem lackluster for 25 raiders that don't tank heal.

Makes up for that crappy T12 4 set for 10m

did 3 hours of raiding tonight. resto shaman is at the most powerful state it has ever been since sunwell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    did 3 hours of raiding tonight. resto shaman is at the most powerful state it has ever been since sunwell.
    Dem cooldowns. The toolkit expansion was just huge for us, yesterdays raid felt incredibly satisfying

It´s OK we will be nerfed soon i bet :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very satisfied with the state of resto shaman as well. I've kept up well with the monk and the druid in my raid. Sometimes they healed more than I did, sometimes I healed more. Overall, I'd say that healing power is nicely balanced (of course, I can't judge a paladin or priest as we didn't have any in the raid last night).

So, there's no need to cry nerf or something. Or else you'd have to nerf other healers as well. For my part, I felt I had all the tools that I needed to heal that stuff. And when I managed my mana well, drank a mana pot, maybe got the one or the other innervate... I was largely fine. Been through worse in Cata's T11 content. At least we have some proper CDs this time around.

It's good to see that the fears that I had when beta was fairly new haven't come true. The thought of being benched simply due to my class selection still upsets me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I'm very satisfied with the state of resto shaman as well. I've kept up well with the monk and the druid in my raid. Sometimes they healed more than I did, sometimes I healed more. Overall, I'd say that healing power is nicely balanced (of course, I can't judge a paladin or priest as we didn't have any in the raid last night).

So, there's no need to cry nerf or something. Or else you'd have to nerf other healers as well. For my part, I felt I had all the tools that I needed to heal that stuff. And when I managed my mana well, drank a mana pot, maybe got the one or the other innervate... I was largely fine. Been through worse in Cata's T11 content. At least we have some proper CDs this time around.
    Agree, I was on 25 and had 2 palas competing with me (1-2k behind me) and one was crying shaman was op and we should get nerfed, he was really serious and mad about it. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    RT glyph really isn't good at all, you'll probably find a boss or two where it will be useful but other than that you're better of using unglyphed RT, 2-3 casts, then cast RT again.