Thread: Expertise

Expertise

Hi guys,

I'm having troublle finding out what the expertise rating is for combat/assassionation. I'm assuming both dodge and parry on level 93 needs to be 0%?

Deleted
    No, you need Expertise to be at exactly 7.5% to effectively be capped. That's 761 Expertise in rating, if I'm not mistaken, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    And before you ask, yes, Hit needs the same amount of Hit-rating to be capped. 761 Hit or 7.5%.

Deleted
    It's 2550 rating for level 90, which grants you 7.5% reduction to being parried and dodged, the expertise hard cap is 15% (the actual parry cap), but as bosses and mobs can only parry from the front - and you would be well advised to attack from behind, that should not be a problem.

Deleted
    Still thinking in terms of 85 numbers...

Combat and Sub value expertise pretty high (especially Combat) and you definitely want to cap it.

Assassination instead doesn't value it much because you get the Envenom buff even if it dodges - if you run with not capped expertise, it's fine.

Rating is 2550 - look at you chracter pane and if the value is 7.5%, you've capped.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

expertise

I'm at 9.35% (3,178) expertise but it shows i still have a parry of 5.65%. I'm not understanding that. Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Combat and Sub value expertise pretty high (especially Combat) and you definitely want to cap it.

Assassination instead doesn't value it much because you get the Envenom buff even if it dodges - if you run with not capped expertise, it's fine.

Rating is 2550 - look at you chracter pane and if the value is 7.5%, you've capped.

Why are you over expertise dodge capped?

9.35+5.65=15%. The frontal parry hard cap. From behind is 7.5%. Lose some expertise and attack from the back.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your attacks can only be parried if you stand in front of a target.
    As a melee dps you should always (Unless the fight doesn't let you) be behind your target, therefore your attacks can not be parried hence why having 15% expertise is pointless.

Only get 7.5% expertise, this means your attacks can no longer be dodged when attacking from behind, this is what is important.