Deleted

Ignite threshold for good combustion in mop

Hey guys,

I was wondering, what do you consider is a good amount of ignite damage to consider casting combustion?

MOP has brought changes for ignite, and even thought it's still preferable to wait for a crit pyroblast to cast combustion, with our current low crit chance, we somtimes can't afford to wait.

So at what minimum threshold is it ok for you to cast combustion?

/discuss.

I usually combust at arround 17k+ or more. I often have dots for about 20k+ on the mob. But it always depends on the boss. The big ignite doesn't help if the boss dies in 3 seconds. So if the boss is arround 50% (talking about dungeons here) pull it as soon as you can, so it can at least tick the whole time. I do also use the glyph for combustion so you don't need good ignites that often.

What add-ons do you guys use in order to use combustion at the best possible time?

Deleted
    I use combustion helper. I think that wht it's called.

combustionhelper here too

I use CombustionHelper, but it's been a bit..How do I say it..Buggy..It will say I will get like an 8k Combust..I do it anyway and BOOM! 21k baby!

Deleted
    Combustion helper is a must. as for erquonter your post makes no sense. Combustion helper predicts your current ignite not combustion damage. your combustion damage should be well over 21k(210k?) today in mogushan vaults i had combustions between 500k-1mill.

I have seen ignites as high as 26-27k in todays raid though it was rare. normally i try to get 15k+ on ignite before combust. though if i feel to long time has passed or my invocation is running out i use it on 10/11k+.

I used to use Combustion Helper but switched to 'Combustion.' I don't need half of the crap that comes with Combustion Helper. Combustion, and Firebunny's Combustion Tracker just give you a number text, which is all I need.

Was able to get those lucky 40-50k ignites during time warp with a pot up and everything procced. Bursting 200k single target was fun but wouldn't happen every pull. On other combustions I was happy at around 20-25k or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathDefier View Post
    Was able to get those lucky 40-50k ignites during time warp with a pot up and everything procced. Bursting 200k single target was fun but wouldn't happen every pull. On other combustions I was happy at around 20-25k or so.
    I managed to max out at a 56K ignite in a Heroic yesterday (I raid as Frost, going to be swapping to Fire for Elegon due to not being able to use pet freeze on CD) was quite amusing to see the boss die ridiculously fast.
    Is Glyph of Combustion better to use at the moment? Or is it better to be focusing on building and keeping as high Ignites as possible and using Combustion every 45s?

Deleted
    Jez you guys getting 50k+ ignites oO.. i havent seen it over 30k yet and thats with chaining like 3-4/5 pyros after each other. got 25m ranked 26dogs/50~feng/31kings for fire mages. i guess if i could build my ignite like that i would be a lot higher

i got glyph of combust btw. though i dno what is the best choice. without glyph it lines up with your invocation. with glyph it lines up better with trinket procs etc.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-10-05 at 01:12 AM.