Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

So why a hotfix to monk aoe damage when it's already insane?

I just noticed a hotfix to increase monk aoe damage because it was to low. Before I saw that I was doing 70k-120k on aoe packs, that's low to them? Or am I miss understanding what they're saying?

15+ Year Old Account
    The hotfix was a few days ago, so your numbers are with the hotfix in place.

They upped keg smash. Now I wont have to use spinning crane kick as much. Once that spin starts I can't stop it. I hate that. It will be better for our rotation.

I believe it was only a tooltip change, since they did buff it a while back but the tooltip remained the same.

The other buff we have though... if thats been implemented since the server downtimes, and not before, the im sure we will be getting alot of damage from it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    that has bene baked in the cake since like sunday,

Monk AoE damage =! every spec. Are you talking about Windwalkers or Brewmasters?

15+ Year Old Account
    Brewmasters, they increased Keg Smash damage by 50% and removed the target cap.

Even without the KS damage increase Brewmasters probably still would be very high on AOE dps anyway. the extra damage just makes us pretty much top of every aoe encounter (or has done with me so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Douchecakes View Post
    They upped keg smash. Now I wont have to use spinning crane kick as much. Once that spin starts I can't stop it. I hate that. It will be better for our rotation.
    You can stop it by pressing the ability again while in action. I sometimes do that on accident.

As for the topic at hand, while I haven't been to endgame yet but before that DK, paladin and warrior tanks also top damage meters with aoe, not just brewmasters (can't speak for druids because for some reason I haven't seen a druid tank even once and I'm almost done with Cata now on my monk).

/cast Spinning Crane Kick
    /cancelaura Spinning Crane Kick

oh, cool. I that would explain why sometime it spins for like a sec and stop. I must double press my key. thanks!

yes you can, actually. It's a buff, so you can remove it prematurely via a /cancelaura macro

EDIT: ... but Schaden's got you covered.