Deleted

Prot Paladin PvP Pandaria (PPPP)

Hi there follow warriors of the light!

I have played MoP to the extreme since release, got my PvE gear set, got my gold made, proffesions and all that, anyhow. I'm going to start PvPing seriously this season, but I'm torn between prot paladin and the other specs.

I really like the Prot Paladin this expansion, and I would like to play in in arena if thats possible, however, I'd like to reach the higher brackets and I'm not sure if thats viable. Does any of you guys have any insight in it? Will I be able to play the protadin good in arena (3v3) or will I have to go into the two other specs to succesfully do so?
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-10-02 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Please use font tags for emphasis, not for altering your entire post.

The damage just isn't there. I can't imagine you would be able to kill anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnx014 View Post
    The damage just isn't there. I can't imagine you would be able to kill anyone.
    Prot paladins have the least dps of all classes and all specs of any role in the whole game, less than all other tanks, less than all healers.

Their self healing is pretty nice, but still not anywhere near as good as any other hybrid DPS.

Prot paladin serves no role in pvp aside holding a flag, of which, the other tanks do a better job.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but prot paladin for pvp in mop just isn't happening.

Deleted
    Today it's a good day to talk about this because blizzard buffed Avenger's Shield and now it is GOOD! 50% buff and Holy Wrath 100% buff, but.... they nerfed censure to protection paladins only

But i think that if we use some tricks we can still do reasonable damage:

Remember that as a protection paladin you trade damage for survivability,think about the resilience buff in MOP+Protection(good vs melee classes)+silences everywhere(good vs casters)+great heals! ( i iam still 88 but i critted a word of glory on myself for about 250k! well.. it's not taht bad really lol, in BG, in arena you will not die!
    I remember the days in wotlk and cata as protection it was very fun and you had great damage +survivability + endless silences lolz,

In MOP there are a few things that can help you do more damage:

-Trow away shield of the righteous xD (not really just use it for the 45% damage reduction buff)
    -Use glyph of harsh words because word of glory does more damage than the shield (so sad )
    -The other 2 glyphs are Glyph of Focused Shield and Glyph of the Alabaster Shield
    -Glyph of focused Wrath thath will make holy wrath single target instead of aoe, really good for pvp(with the buff made today it is perfect)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kodrack View Post
    Today it's a good day to talk about this because blizzard buffed Avenger's Shield and now it is GOOD! 50% buff and Holy Wrath 100% buff, but.... they nerfed censure to protection paladins only

But i think that if we use some tricks we can still do reasonable damage:

Remember that as a protection paladin you trade damage for survivability,think about the resilience buff in MOP+Protection(good vs melee classes)+silences everywhere(good vs casters)+great heals! ( i iam still 88 but i critted a word of glory on myself for about 250k! well.. it's not taht bad really lol, in BG, in arena you will not die!
    I remember the days in wotlk and cata as protection it was very fun and you had great damage +survivability + endless silences lolz,

In MOP there are a few things that can help you do more damage:

-Trow away shield of the righteous xD (not really just use it for the 45% damage reduction buff)
    -Use glyph of harsh words because word of glory does more damage than the shield (so sad )
    -The other 2 glyphs are Glyph of Focused Shield and Glyph of the Alabaster Shield
    -Glyph of focused Wrath thath will make holy wrath single target instead of aoe, really good for pvp(with the buff made today it is perfect)
    Reality will hit you in the face... hard... When you reach level 90 and you actually try to pvp as prot.

Best of luck to you, you'll need more than just that though.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    ^ Exactly. If Blizzard ever made a PvP version of Vengeance, then maybe, but even if that happened players would just save you for last to kill. :P

If you want to play a melee oriented Pally just go Ret. The specs play similarly when it boils down to it.

Deleted
    Bah, I don't see the problem just make a glyph > preventing to stack vengeance and increasing tank dmg by amount = %mastery...
    Just for questing and pvp basically...