Deleted

Little Advice needed on new PC

First I want to say Hello, first forum post guess we all have to start from somewhere, anyway to my question.

I decided to use the September Setup of the month Puppy PC just need a few tips for some of the hardware. The issue's I have are 3-4 so here they are:

Corsair CX500 V2 - is listed as the desired power supply, at the moment I have " HuntKey" model: LW6400HGP , 400 Watts. Can I use my old power supply and skip the Corsair one.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - Same thing here should I change my current fan. The one I have been using for couple of years now is " Titan Amanda TEC
    Cooler " is it going to be a problem if I keep it on.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - Again is there a big differents between this HDD and mine which is " Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB" model: ST3750330AS

I'm just going to list the rest of the setup so if you need any of them you don't go looking at the News thread: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, ASUS M5A97 AM3+ 970, 4GB PNY Optima DDR3 10600, XFX FX777AZNF4 HD 7770 CORE Edition (GPU).
    Last edited by mmocb161c1fae8; 2012-10-02 at 01:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy the new power supply. No point in using an old one and a non-name-brand/reliable/proven one

You can re-use your current hard drive

My Advice:

Use your current hard drive. If you need to save a few extra bucks you can get a 6870 card instead of a 7850, but I'd get the setup listed in this post if I were buying a budget computer
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elan Morin View Post
    Corsair CX500 V2 - is listed as the desired power supply, at the moment I have " HuntKey" model: LW6400HGP , 400 Watts. Can I use my old power supply and skip the Corsair one.
    In principle it'll power the system fine. But it's a lesser known brand, so you can't be certain of the quality or efficiency of the power supply. Especially if it's a bit older, lower quality PSUs can fail and sometimes damage other components. You won't need the CX500 V2 though, a 400W PSU is more than plenty for a system like that, leaving room to overclock or upgrade some components at a later stage.

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus - Same thing here should I change my current fan. The one I have been using for couple of years now is " Titan Amanda TEC
    Cooler " is it going to be a problem if I keep it on.
    Chances are that the old fan isn't compatible with newer sockets. Check the manual of your fan to make sure that it works on the socket of your new PC. Also, if you reuse an old heatsink, buy some thermal interface compound. Note that if you don't plan on overclocking and aren't very picky about sound, most processors come with a heatsink/fan in the box (look for the 'boxed' tag in the product description), which will do fine under normal operating conditions, but won't be as cool or quiet as a third party cooler.

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB - Again is there a big differents between this HDD and mine which is " Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 750GB" model: ST3750330AS
    Your disk is fine to reuse.

I'm just going to list the rest of the setup so if you need any of them you don't go looking at the News thread: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition, ASUS M5A97 AM3+ 970, 4GB PNY Optima DDR3 10600, XFX FX777AZNF4 HD 7770 CORE Edition (GPU).
    As the poster above me also said, I would suggest going for an i3-based setup. With the release of Intels Ivy Bridge processors, the venerable Phenom II should probably be removed from general recommendations.

Deleted
    Thank's to both of you for the answer guess I just have to re-think some of the part's, anyway it helped me a lot