Now that raids are out; BM discussion thread.

I'm raiding as BM at the moment.

Wondering what you all reforge for and what talents you all chose. I use Dire Beast, Glaive Toss, and Lynx Rush at the moment.

Been hearing how some Hunters chose Thrill for BM cause of Cobra Strike procs. Some even take Fervor.

Just wondering your all's input.

Fervor i think unnecessary, while TotH is something i'd like to test.

Right now I'm with the same build you have.

If TotH increases the number of AS that I can use between 2 KC's (assuming that everything else is on cd), then I guess I'm gonna get TotH (AS > CS damage speaking right?).

Problem with not taking Dire Beast is that it appears to be a fairly even 10% total dps gain, if used on cooldown/timed for max effect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dire Beast, Lynx Rush, Glaive Toss
    Hit=Exp > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I don't really think TotH is all that good for BM. You're already going through periods of near focus-capping and periods of focus starvation, and the random nature of TotH doesn't help that problem very much. You're also giving up Dire Beast, which is very good for BM.

Deleted
    For now Spirit Kings seems like the only encounter which would require ToTH rather than Dire Beast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Dire Beast, Lynx Rush, Glaive Toss
    Hit=Exp > Crit > Mastery > Haste

I don't really think TotH is all that good for BM. You're already going through periods of near focus-capping and periods of focus starvation, and the random nature of TotH doesn't help that problem very much. You're also giving up Dire Beast, which is very good for BM.
    I disagree. I find myself only ever focus capping if I don't pay attention. If I do pay attention, I'm fine. It just requires active thinking and cooldown prioritization on the fly, which for any high-end (and I mean a parsing hunter) isn't an issue. TotH is a clearly superior choice if you are able to accurately predict your focus based on your cooldown usage. What helps is keeping it very low, and learning to CoS before using KC. I'll be sub-20 focus, time my CoS to end right when KC comes up, use that, then resume alternating CoS and AS, and I generally will get an AS proc.

As well, TotH helps our AoE in an incredible way. It reduces our main AoE ability by half, and with BW up it's completely free for 3 shots. It's really the only way to have viable cleave in raids as BM at the moment. If you don't have it on a fight where cleaving happens, expect to be at the bottom of the charts. As far as I'm concerned, it's a mandatory pick for any fights with adds.

As well, CoS really hits like a feather. It's very weak compared to AS, especially when you have high crit (which you should). My AS hits for 40-70k crits even with no raid buffs, and I'm only in 460 gear at the present moment.

Finally, there's a lot of rumors flying around that our damage is subpar, and it is-- if you don't have a 463 ilvl gun and a high average item level in general with hit/exp cap. It's unbelievably important.

PS: As a side note, Barrage is rediculously scaling right now. Before it wasn't doing much in the way of damage, but it regularly crits for about 10k per tick on every mob now. I can't wait to see what my damage is like when I have full heroic gear and a Sha-Touched weapon. The damage will very likely be nerfed from what I've seen so far, that is unless all classes have that much damage.

That being said, there are a *ton* of people on these forums who don't bother to do any math or testing, and complain that their hunter in BM spec with quest greens isn't competing with melee whom cleaves almost all the time. Please. Hunters are doing great right now. The play style is fun, and the damage is absolutely there. In fact, I'd say we're very high skill-capped as far as class mechanics go compared to other DPS specs right now. More of a challenge, better competition, much more room for improvement on everyone's part. It'll be very hard to get a near-perfect rotation on a boss without missing a beat.