Beast Mastery / Survival Reforging

Hello, I've been a little busy lately with gearing up and working, so I haven't been able to keep up with current stat priorities and basic reforging for both BM and SV. Is it fairly conclusive now as to which stats are king? And are haste plateaus back or gone for good? Is wowreforge or askmrrobot the preferred site for reforging now? Or is there a new one?

All I know is the stat priority is something like agility>hit(2550)>expertise(2550)>critical>mastery==haste, but it seems like mastery and haste are interchangeable.

Thanks
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

[Agility>Hit(2550)=Expertise(2550)>Crit>Haste>Mastery] is how I'm rolling on Survival. Except less Exp since I'm a troll. xD

I think Draco, maybe someone else, sorry if wrong person, mentioned that Mastery dropped in priority due to less of our damage being dealt from Elemental Damages.

AskMrRobot is..

I use Wowreforge. It's usually enough to set the caps, and have Crit = 3, Haste = 2, and Mastery = 1. I almost never see any changes in the reforging if I put more exact values that are closer together. Worked during DS, should work now.

Personally I would go with haste over mastery at the moment, just to get cobra shot cast times lower along with the other things that haste does.

What the other guys said.
    And just to add some info:
    2210 expertise if you're dwarf or troll

Yea, was me mentioning how Mastery has been downprio'd.
    Along with that, you can add that 970 haste gives your Dire Beast another tick, 4048 haste allows for 1.66 sec cobra casts (the former 757 plateu - not as important now, but you'll still occasionally end up doing 3x cobra's back to back, unless you take thrill of the hunt atleast), and 5790 haste allows for a second tick on your Dire Beast. As it is, aim for the 970. 4048 haste might not even be reachable without too big a sacrifise in this tier, and it ceartainly won't be worth it if that is so. 5790 will be in a future tier.

Without sacrificing on other stats, and having 600 haste with the Engineering trinket. I'm at 3230 haste. Of course I would need to sacrifice some of it to reach raid caps. I see the 4048 haste plateau being easily reachable this raid tier.

What's priority for BM:
    Critical or Mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Without sacrificing on other stats, and having 600 haste with the Engineering trinket. I'm at 3230 haste. Of course I would need to sacrifice some of it to reach raid caps. I see the 4048 haste plateau being easily reachable this raid tier.
    Well, can't count on the trinket's 600, so that's a bit moot. While the 4048 haste may be reachable, it's not a big enough deal to *aim* for, or gear around - I have 1.5K haste in like, 470 average. It's nice if you can get it (you inevitably will as haste is the second best stat, instead of mastery), but not too big of a deal, is what I'm saying =p.

I have a couple questions. I was at the dummy today and with about 600 haste i was typicallly getting 8 ticks with DB and occasionally got 9. Switched my haste to over 1200 and still would get primarily 8 ticks and occasionally 9. Is there somethi g im missing here? Im only casting DB. Using recount to track ticks.
    Additionally, would you say its worth it to reforge crit to achieve the 970 haste to get an extra tick? I cant tell if female dwarf is modelling the extra DB ticks correctly yet.
    Last edited by Dutty; 2012-10-02 at 08:03 PM.

did i miss something with mastery? Why is it so bad now?

btw draco mind editing my guide title to 5.05, it's updated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XingoJenkins View Post
    What's priority for BM:
    Critical or Mastery?
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been doing a fine balance of crit/mastery right now, favoring mastery a bit, but I feel like my haste is way too low. I'd assume the 970 haste plateau for DB is great for BM, so I should probably reforge for that. <.< I miss my 1.6 Cobra Shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I'd like to know this as well. I've been doing a fine balance of crit/mastery right now, favoring mastery a bit, but I feel like my haste is way too low. I'd assume the 970 haste plateau for DB is great for BM, so I should probably reforge for that. <.< I miss my 1.6 Cobra Shot.
    I've tried to run both setups, and as far as askmrrobot is concerned, I find the optimal reforges there to be incorrect at the moment due to improper stat weights. I've ended up going full Mastery and can only presume that with raid buffs, food, flask and double potting, that mastery wins over haste as the damage will scale a lot better.

Time will tell

he was asking crit or mastery though.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veej View Post
    I've tried to run both setups, and as far as askmrrobot is concerned, I find the optimal reforges there to be incorrect at the moment due to improper stat weights. I've ended up going full Mastery and can only presume that with raid buffs, food, flask and double potting, that mastery wins over haste as the damage will scale a lot better.

Time will tell
    Are you refering to SV or BM? Do you mean you wentt full mastery after opting crit or mastery over crit? Thanks for the clarification.

I haven't done too much extensive testing as BM, as I'm raiding as SV, so take this with some salt.

I would say that out of the 2 for BM Crit would be slightly favored atm for a few reasons:
    1) Go for the Throat. I remember pets having focus issues at one point.
    2) Crit effects both you and your pet, whereas Mastery only effects your pets damage.
    3) Both are effected by your Focus Fire usage. Leaving frenzy on your pet would lead to more damage through the pet(Mastery), but Crit will allow for more focus for the pet. It would come down to whom the haste benefits more.
    a) The Hunter. I'd go with crit.
    b) The pet. I'd go with mastery

I'd say either way it's a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatbuux View Post
    I haven't done too much extensive testing as BM, as I'm raiding as SV, so take this with some salt.

I would say that out of the 2 for BM Crit would be slightly favored atm for a few reasons:
    1) Go for the Throat. I remember pets having focus issues at one point.
    2) Crit effects both you and your pet, whereas Mastery only effects your pets damage.
    3) Both are effected by your Focus Fire usage. Leaving frenzy on your pet would lead to more damage through the pet(Mastery), but Crit will allow for more focus for the pet. It would come down to whom the haste benefits more.
    a) The Hunter. I'd go with crit.
    b) The pet. I'd go with mastery

I'd say either way it's a wash.
    Have been reading and I think I got it:

I'm gonna have a balance between both, giving a slightly priority to Crit.