Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc priest insane dmg.

So I hit lvl 90 pretty fast, but I didnt like the disc spec after the change with atonement and rather weak AoE heal. I played holy for the first couple of days, but decided to take disc as offspec.. First I was skeptical about, I didnt find it as strong as Holy.
    I ran a couple of hcs with my guildies, so after a few hcs I got the hang on it. After I found out how to play it, I have to admit that Disc seems to much more viable in raids because of the high damage you can give out with Smite-Holyfire-Penance.

My point is, does anyone else see disc as one of the best healer spec in lvl 90?

And for 10 man raids, would it be better to go Spirit - Haste - Mastery - Crit or Spirit - Mastery - Haste -Crit?

Deleted
    Holy can dish out more damage I think.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    Holy can dish out more damage I think.
    It may can. But as disc you also heal with atonement so.

Deleted
    I found the damage pretty good on disc, but mana is horrible; doesn't seem like it has the regen for raiding length fights.

No, you can't sustain it in raids due to the how much damage you need to heal.

Look up disc logs from the beta raids, disc is by far the weakest healer.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    No, you can't sustain it in raids due to the how much damage you need to heal.

Look up disc logs from the beta raids, disc is by far the weakest healer.
    I could tell we took a huge hit when 5.0.4 hit at level 85. Full BiS with almost no mana problems unless I went bubble crazy, to WTF oom in maybe a minute using the same healing style. It bothers me immensely how much of a net loss Rapture is for mana.

I could definitely believe we are the weakest healer right now. From lack of AoE healing to high mana costs, we're in a tough pickle. I'm going to run a relatively high spirit tonight (spirit flask, though probably int food because I didn't level Way of the Steamer ><), spirit gems, etc. Even for healing Sha, I go OOM pretty darn fast and Solacing for mana back is really useless IMO.

Oh, back on topic. The damage we do is kinda fun in heroics. Spiked to 63k once on a boss and got really excited, but can sustain 20k on fights that aren't too healing heavy.

Deleted
    You can smite your way through "heroic" dungeons. You can easily push 30k+ dps in some dungeons just because shit doesn't hurt. It's probably going to be different for raids, but it's an interesting concept for sure.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellumina View Post
    I could tell we took a huge hit when 5.0.4 hit at level 85. Full BiS with almost no mana problems unless I went bubble crazy, to WTF oom in maybe a minute using the same healing style. It bothers me immensely how much of a net loss Rapture is for mana.

I could definitely believe we are the weakest healer right now. From lack of AoE healing to high mana costs, we're in a tough pickle. I'm going to run a relatively high spirit tonight (spirit flask, though probably int food because I didn't level Way of the Steamer ><), spirit gems, etc. Even for healing Sha, I go OOM pretty darn fast and Solacing for mana back is really useless IMO.

Oh, back on topic. The damage we do is kinda fun in heroics. Spiked to 63k once on a boss and got really excited, but can sustain 20k on fights that aren't too healing heavy.
    We had our first raid last night, I was running disc on the first attempts, but I quikly found out holy was much stronger and more viable.
    But still I think disc could be usefull on some finds, but defintly not with a holy paladin, since they lagg so hard on AoE healing (it seems) So we running Holy paladin as tank, and resto shaman holy priest. Works relativ good, Lightwell is so overpowered now after the new glyph, and the proc on mending, you can keep two mendings up at all time.

I will be going holy for now on.. And actually like holy, alot of fun spells and alot of playstyles.