Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    OP will be updated shortly after this post.


    • Caught some minor errors
    • Fixed Daelo's proc (it's still really good)
    • Fixed JCF proc (proc scaling was exactly double my estimate)
    • Started Inq @ 5sec, and use trinkets as well

    Delaying AW for Vortex proc was an overall loss at seven minutes. It's a bit more bang for the buck to delay it only for Lei Shin's, which also tends to line up with ES.
    When I was running sims for this I found it was greatest overall gain to set the sim to use AW only if one of the two trinkets was up - that gives you the least delay of AW while still ensuring one of the trinkets is up for it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    When I was running sims for this I found it was greatest overall gain to set the sim to use AW only if one of the two trinkets was up - that gives you the least delay of AW while still ensuring one of the trinkets is up for it.
    Yeah that's what I've done, it just works out that Lei Shin's is up before DMV in almost all cases. In SimCraft, Lei Shin's has an interval of just under 52s, which means youre delaying AW by about 19 seconds to line up with every other Lei Shin's proc (52+52 = 104 = 85 + 19). DMV has an interval of 111s, so you get slightly more and more off sync as the fight goes on. I'll check and see if it's better to wait for DMV instead of Lei Shin's, though I suspect the extra wait time results in an overall loss.

    Tests are in:

    Either: 112954 dps

    Lei Shin's only: 112590 dps

    DMV only: 111759 dps

    I would guess that the main reason it's better to wait for either is on the pull; you might get a really early DMV proc and a late Lei Shin's proc. You pop AW/GoAK as soon as either of them procs, but from then on, unless you have bad RNG on Lei Shin's, and good RNG on DMV, you'll only be waiting for Lei Shin's.
    Last edited by Zephur; 2012-10-05 at 08:55 PM.

  3. #23
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    Need modeling for bonelink and it's ap scaling at T14H

    Likely strong bis contender on Jade statues.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:49 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    Yeah that's what I've done, it just works out that Lei Shin's is up before DMV in almost all cases. In SimCraft, Lei Shin's has an interval of just under 52s, which means youre delaying AW by about 19 seconds to line up with every other Lei Shin's proc (52+52 = 104 = 85 + 19). DMV has an interval of 111s, so you get slightly more and more off sync as the fight goes on. I'll check and see if it's better to wait for DMV instead of Lei Shin's, though I suspect the extra wait time results in an overall loss.

    Tests are in:

    Either: 112954 dps

    Lei Shin's only: 112590 dps

    DMV only: 111759 dps

    I would guess that the main reason it's better to wait for either is on the pull; you might get a really early DMV proc and a late Lei Shin's proc. You pop AW/GoAK as soon as either of them procs, but from then on, unless you have bad RNG on Lei Shin's, and good RNG on DMV, you'll only be waiting for Lei Shin's.
    Vortex going off sync before execute is actually a good thing though.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 09:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post

    IMO No it's not, CC is the Carbonic buff. I'm testing Corens and Lessons of the Darkmaster as they are the 3 trinkets I have access to I'll post the results.

    If this was a hit trinket instead of crit yes it would be glorious but it's crit so it's meh but I did notice the ICD dropping to 50 seconds where the previous test it was around 70 so who knows.
    I wish you could get dancing steel numbers.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-06 at 10:00 AM ----------

    REMEMBER! Too many fights have adds/ strong gimmics <Elegon/ Wind Lord/ Will of Emperor Physical damage taken.

    Trinket values on a static sheet are not end all be all numbers.

    For instance..... relic of Xuen + Lei shins could beat Vortex on Elegon during the end where u do upwards of 600k dps and lust + Guardian is active.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2012-10-06 at 10:04 AM.

  4. #24
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Maybe you can the icd's behind each trinket.
    Relix of Xuen is 45 seconds yes?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabyt View Post
    Maybe you can the icd's behind each trinket.
    Relix of Xuen is 45 seconds yes?
    Would be useful to have the ICD's listed of all the proc trinkets on the front page, I for one set these up in clcinfo, to track them to make for easier alignment of them with cooldowns. Im guessing others are going to find this useful too

    return IconICD(128986, 55, 0, 1, 0.3)
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=128986 is the DMC buff

    Despair are recruiting see RecuitPost for details or visit http://www.eu-despair.com

  6. #26
    Sorry folks, had a busy weekend. Updated OP with trinket ICDs, and added a link to the Excel spreadsheet. Check for errors!

  7. #27
    Brewfest trinket is missing, any estimates on it?
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

  8. #28
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    Brewfest trinket is missing, any estimates on it?
    5/10/12: Coren's Cold Chromium Coaster is garbage. With 25% crit chance, you have a 2.5% chance to proc it per attack, leading to poor uptime.

  9. #29
    Also, CCCC and Ghost Iron Dragonling are in the spreadsheet if you're curious.

  10. #30
    Seeing as there are a few questions about trinkets in Anaxie's thread, bumping this so more people see it.

  11. #31
    Brewmaster Fredzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    That one place
    Posts
    1,452
    How does normal JCF beat Iron-Belly Wok when they appear to have the same stats and the same use?

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    How does normal JCF beat Iron-Belly Wok when they appear to have the same stats and the same use?
    Normal and Heroic JCF have the incorrect proc value in WoWDB. They are actually 3595 and 4580, respectively. I pulled the normal number from post #6, and extrapolated the heroic value based on that.

    Edit; Scratch that, looks like correct values were added recently. Had a few numbers off, so I'll fix it now.
    Last edited by Zephur; 2012-10-16 at 06:02 PM.

  13. #33
    The Lightbringer Requital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    But-hurt much? Appears so!
    Posts
    3,880
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    < snip >
    Dancing Steel

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

  14. #34
    I wanted to thank you for your work on this. Excellent job, really nice to have and look at. Keep it up!
    <Playground Bullies> of Zul'jin (4/13H)

    i5-3230M @ 2.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 - 1TB HDD - Dual 1gb 660m in SLI
    i5-3570k @ 3.4ghz - 8gb DDR3 - 128gb SSD Boot Drive / 1TB HDD - Radeon 2gb HD7700

  15. #35
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    Are these ranks based on 4 set. I would assume yes? I'm going to link to this thread if you are competent enough to keep it as updated as Kisko did his. I have a list for Pre 4 set BiS that gives an edge towards WoK and the haste proc trinket until the both pull ahead and shien steamrolls competition solely on proc icd and wings cd.


    Could you do a non 4 set sim for funseys with trinkets?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Are these ranks based on 4 set. I would assume yes? I'm going to link to this thread if you are competent enough to keep it as updated as Kisko did his. I have a list for Pre 4 set BiS that gives an edge towards WoK and the haste proc trinket until the both pull ahead and shien steamrolls competition solely on proc icd and wings cd.


    Could you do a non 4 set sim for funseys with trinkets?
    The higher dps value in the list assumes 4pc, yes. The lower dps value does assumes no 4pc. I can make up a list that uses BiS-type stat weights, but without 4pc, if you think it would be helpful.

  17. #37
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    The higher dps value in the list assumes 4pc, yes. The lower dps value does assumes no 4pc. I can make up a list that uses BiS-type stat weights, but without 4pc, if you think it would be helpful.
    This would be very helpful as I'm sure some peole will not be able to get 4pc right off the bat and are looking for the best trinkets we can currently get which would be the most helpful.


  18. #38
    Banned anaxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    My Throne
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephur View Post
    The higher dps value in the list assumes 4pc, yes. The lower dps value does assumes no 4pc. I can make up a list that uses BiS-type stat weights, but without 4pc, if you think it would be helpful.
    Do that please

  19. #39
    Alright. I put together a set that is pretty much BiS, except it only has three pieces of t14. BiS trinkets are still Lei Shin's and DMV.

    Stat priority is almost the same as with 4pc, but crit > mastery by a bit. Looks like it's a 10k (~9.8%) dps increase on a patchwerk fight.

    Hit (3.71) > Str (3.23) > Exp (2.58) > Haste (1.69) Crit (1.40) > Mastery (1.32)

    H Lei Shin > H DMV > N Lei Shin > Relic of Xuen > N DMV > H JCF > LFR Lei Shin > Zen Alch Stone > LFR DMV > Daelo's Final Words > Lessons of the Darkmaster > N JCF / Iron Belly Wok > LFR JCF

    I would guess that Daelo's and Lessons are ranked higher than they should be because of great static stats. Expect to get 20% more value from any trinket by getting 4pc. Less so from Zen Alch Stone, Daelo's, & Lessons.

    I'll put in the actual numbers tomorrow.

  20. #40
    Heroic Bone-Link Fetish still worth hanging on to for heavy AoE fights?

    Or have they stealth nerfed it like they usually do with content from past expansions that managed to remain relevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •