Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TehNuub View Post
    So let me see if i did understand this correct.

N Lei Shin (0/2) > Relic of Xuen (1/2) > Vortex (0/2) without the 4-Set, Yes?
    That should be correct. Relic and Vortex are pretty much as equal as you can get, and because Lei Shen's lines up better with Relic, the synergy will probably outweigh any other combination. It gets a little trickier when you have 4pc. Run your own weights to confirm.

Aight. Thanks for the help.

LFR Lei Shen is better than Jade Chariot? Woah... I did not know that.

Lei Shen is a beast ass trinket. I use it with Xuen's, when both those come up along with my CDs and Dancing steel, I can hit 200k TVs in my terrible gear.
    Divine, Unmarred and Electrified
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Demaio/simple
    Retired(ish)

is it me or do i see darkmist Vortex procs is way low ???
    Last edited by Matrlx; 2012-12-11 at 04:27 AM. Reason: changing

I don't feel it has low proc rate, but it has 105s ICD which probably makes it feel very clunky and low.

by the way, how do I input the upgrades in SimC? I feel I can only get the unupgraded items. Any help on that?
    Last edited by roxodon; 2012-12-12 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typo

upgrade=1 or upgrade=2 appended to the item strings in the generated profile.

This may sound silly, but what about the Malevolent Gladiator's Insignia?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84937#comments

I've seen from other sites (which I am not sure of their reliability) that it's actually outperforming Lessons of Darkmaster. Could be wrong, so some seasoned theorycrafter please correct me if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    This may sound silly, but what about the Malevolent Gladiator's Insignia?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84937#comments

I've seen from other sites (which I am not sure of their reliability) that it's actually outperforming Lessons of Darkmaster. Could be wrong, so some seasoned theorycrafter please correct me if so.
    It's not ideal. It's better than Carbuncle, but still a couple hundred DPS behind Lessons, Daelo's, or IBW/JCF at low gear levels.

It also scales really poorly due to the useless static stat. Avoid it unless you are desperate and/or PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roxodon View Post
    I don't feel it has low proc rate, but it has 105s ICD which probably makes it feel very clunky and low.
    ?
    I would argue it's proc rate is way too high. I was experimenting with it and trying to align it with AW. Only worked on first AW and the second one with some clipping due to vortex triggering too early. So I went back to DMC+Lei Shi.

Zephur you going to hit the ground running and get the new 5.3 list out when items are avail sometime this next 3 weeks?

Gonna get mine started the night MOST items launch so the forums arent spammed with 100 threads.

SHOULD reference this thread since it will still be relevent with gearing up to 5.3.

I can't wait for a single raid. 5mans, MSV, HoF, 100 reps all that shit made the first thread really mind-hurt.

Yup, been waiting for the day to update this. I'll be getting trinkets in ASAP, but I will also need new stat weights in t15 gear.

Deleted
    I know this has been kinda discussed, but relic vs normal darkmist vortex, is relic still better due to the huge icd on vortex?

The dps gain is negligible at best, and if you have your DMC 2x upgraded already, your valor is better spent somewhere else.

Can you update?

I wouldn't nag at Zeph to update, i'm sure he is working on it and has other things he has to do IRL and in game, just be patient and his list of awesome will come, in the meantime you could also work on some of the math yourself; an example my dear friend Rvvo who has the crappy situtation where he might have to buy the VP trinket come patch day but must figure out how much is the potential dps gain in worth.
    TLDR stop nagging, these people spend time to help when they can not to hold your hand through the entire theoretical process of playing, half of which isn't totally applicable because of strats, etc.

Hope to see update soon for 5.2
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    Hope to see update soon for 5.2
    probably when they fix the RPPM trinkets to be a little more reliable is the best time to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, otherwise the math will just go to waste since he'd have to recalculate a bunch of stuff when they hotfix it.

they've been "fixed", still very unsure about the new trinkets - if someone more math-savvy would be so kind