Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ive got a thunderforged spark of zandalari and ive been doing equal to or slightly less with it. I find relic + lei shin's combo work better because of all the str upfront to line up with cooldowns. Im thinking the valor trinket paired with spark will work nicely to get the 8800 str upfront from the VP one to line up with trinkets and wings, and the spark for big str boosts periodically.

Spark isnt good for ret. We dont get enough proc's to get the up time to where it needs to be. Heroic Lei Shin, Heroic Vortex, and the VP trinket are all better.

Quote Originally Posted by Farbod View Post
    Spark isnt good for ret. We dont get enough proc's to get the up time to where it needs to be. Heroic Lei Shin, Heroic Vortex, and the VP trinket are all better.
    i don't know about that it seems pretty solid to me. we just need the other slot trinket to proc upfront on pull to line up with our cds.
    i'm thinking the valor fits nicely for that, or maybe ji-kuns? if ji-kun works the way i think it does (starts off with 1333, then 2666, then 3999, then 5332 etc... every 2 seconds for 20 sec)

So not true, go read http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rycraft/page99
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Yeah, idk what you're talking about. It doesn't line up with the pull, sure, but the massive strength proc lines up with my ES probably 65%+ of the time, and with wings maybe 50%. This results in absolutely massive ES ticks with synapse springs, and Lei Shens some of the time. Not to mention the huge amount of up-front haste given by the trinket.

It lines up roughly every 2nd lei proc, you can delay for 10-15sec ES+synapse to get it, and i also notice change in landslide in 5.2 procs more often so that proc is also most of the time up with any of the trinkes or even both, so ES gets massive screenshot of stats
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Deleted
    Hi guys. My first post ever here, and it might be a stupid question.
    Usually, every time I'm able to buy or loot something new, I'm checking this thread, but the main post hasnt been updatet for a while.. So, before doing something stupid I guess it's best to ask you guys.

Right now, I'm using the following trinkets:
    Lei Shens Final Orders heroic, 2/2 upgrades
    Darkmist Vortex Heroic, 2/2 upgrades

By now, I am able to buy the Brutal Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault (wowhead.com/item=94508)

Is it worth it? I dont need the expertise, I could reforge it into haste, but I'm interested in the proc effect. Though, I'm not totally sure.
    Any suggestions would be very welcome!

You're probably best off buying the ring/neck, and waiting on a Horridon/Ji-Kun trinket.

Deleted
    Thanks for the reply.

Hm.. Thought so. But still, the procc effect is tempting. Does anyone got some dps numbers for comparision of those 3 trinkets?
    I really would like to see this...

ICD on the rep trinket is 75 seconds. LSFO ICD is 45 sec. If you're not using the expertise, it's a net downgrade.

DMV ICD is 75sec as well, but the STR isn't wasted like the expertise is, in your case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Opinions on VP trinket or VP Cloak this week? I'm unsure myself and can not decide and I suck at comparing items via math.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Filfa/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by filfa View Post
    Opinions on VP trinket or VP Cloak this week? I'm unsure myself and can not decide and I suck at comparing items via math.

us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmourne/Filfa/advanced
    I think you should be more concerned about your expertise and hit caps.. they need to be at least 7.5%. at least 2549 rating for hit and 2210 for expertise.

10+ Year Old Account
    7.49% at 2548 Hit rating is close enough for my liking.

0.08% under expertise cap reforging for such a small amount is suboptimal and what's that? A chance to get dodge/parried 2.5 times per encounter.

To force a hit/exp cap I will lose 0.75% haste (320 haste)
    Last edited by Filfa; 2013-03-25 at 07:33 PM.

0.08% under expertise cap reforging for such a small amount is suboptimal and what's that? A chance to get dodge/parried 2.5 times per encounter.

I would think you'd rather lose something like 0.1 seconds off your abilities in order to insure you won't miss a HP generating ability.

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably wouldn't even be .1 seconds off. Maybe .05, depending on which ability we're talking about.

If you're really that worried about your haste, just replace the green gem in your belt with a +320 haste gem, unreforge your cloak, reforge your boots to mastery, reforge your shoulders to expertise, bob's your mother's brother.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-03-27 at 05:35 AM.

well i bought the VP trinket , the proc is about 70sec - to 75 sec , but when it Proc i can see a huge different in the Dmg meter especialy if i timed it with ES ( single target ) , maybe its not a waste for now until we make some good progress in the guild

Just got normal Spark yesterday, replaced my 2/2 Relic of Xuen with it and kept my 2/2 normal Lei Shen's Final Orders. (is this fine or should i use relic instead of LSFO?)

Though you probably won't be able to line it up with the initial burst that Ret's pull off in the first minute of a fight, I'd say you'd be able to line it up with Execution Sentence and even Wings again sometimes. The proc rate isn't bad at all.

Lei Shens + Normal Spark, > Relic + Spark, should have looked at the OP to see which is higher rated though.

Quote Originally Posted by pedjaland View Post
    Plus its cute, so amusing to transform into a little troll. awwwwww