Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Has anyone tried Spark + Feathers then?

Quote Originally Posted by Peking_Man View Post
    I imagine that that combo has the potential to show the highest numbers, but on average is similar to other trinket choices. Personally, I'd much prefer reliability over potential. A lot of the reason that spark and feathers are so good is ES, but there are a lot of fights where the utility of the other two talents are important. One of the joys of being a hybrid dps is the ability to save people with holy prism or flash of light.

just my 2c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilanti View Post
    Lei Shens + Normal Spark, > Relic + Spark, should have looked at the OP to see which is higher rated though.
    My situation is slightly different, because i've to decide between (Relic 2/2 + spark) and (Darkmist Vortex 2/2 + spark), which is the best combination please? And in this case is it better to add the vp trinket?

thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgraded relic and normal darkmist are essentially the same in dps, so it doesn't much matter. Valor trinket is only really worth it if it doesn't put you way over exp cap (through reforging on it and reforging away from exp to more haste on other items).

Has anyone though of an interesting way to track zandalari spark stacks so that you can have foresight when exactly it will proc. Looking over to the right-left corner is too difficult fgor me.

Has anyone though of an interesting way to track zandalari spark stacks so that you can have foresight when exactly it will proc. Looking over to the right-left corner is too difficult fgor me.
    weakauras

Personally I use progress bars for important short term buffs and procs over my character frame (which is in the middle-bottom-left of the screen below my character.

this screenshot is not exactly my current UI, but its the same idea and you can see there the various procs for different trinkets and effects (its essentially in 'test mode' for all my weakauras). I considered using slightly more obvious icons to track procs such as these but decided on the aforementioned method because I felt its aesthetic outweighed having ugly icons all over my screen.

PS how do I get a properly sized image in here, or a thumbnail which links to the full sized one.

Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2013-03-28 at 05:13 PM.

Too bad you'll never know when it'll exactly proc because it's almost completely random. You won't even have a good idea because you could be sitting on one proc for 10 seconds then get 3 in the next 5 seconds so good luck with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Too bad you'll never know when it'll exactly proc because it's almost completely random. You won't even have a good idea because you could be sitting on one proc for 10 seconds then get 3 in the next 5 seconds so good luck with that.
    well on some rare situation, you can know when it procs.
    The only example I have for now is Dark animus : you pres escape to stop autoattack. a few seconds later you judge an add, you get a guaranteed proc for "the better chance on combat start".
    I did it from 1stack to 9stack right before activating the boss. At 9 stacks, I pressed Escape, and at the very second I engaged the boss, I got transformed.

Maybe you can play with it on Primordius to guarantee a proc aligned with burst as soon as fully mutated (but it didn't cross my mind before I noticed it on dark animus...) but it might get trickier because you want to kill adds quickly to regain buffs asap.

On my side, I have a question

I have Spark and shado-pan talisman. I got my t15 chest and then got 300exp over the cap.

Is it worth it to switch back my talisman to Last Order of Lei Shen N 2/2 (497ilvl) ?

snapshot of stats in both situations :

Spark + talisman
    * 15k280 STR + 1760avg of talisman proc
    * 12k416 haste
    * 4k3 mastery
    * 1k9 crit
    -- 278 wasted expertise over the cap

Spark + Lei shen normal 2/2

* 15k280 STR + 1549 avg str from lei shen proc (211STR loss)
    * 12k970 haste (+554 haste nice)
    * 4k00 mastery (300 loss)
    * 1k7 crit (200 loss)
    perfect hit/exp cap.

On a first glance I would state that Talisman still pull ahead in pure raw stats gains, in addition to an easy to sync ES with the 8800 proc (+/- the 7333 proc from spark )
    But being so much over exp cap seems wrong :/

Am I right to keep talisman anyhow or should I equip N lei shen 2/2 ?

Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gneur/advanced
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-03-29 at 12:43 AM.

Deleted
    Tried that combo (with proper gear reforges) and it seems to deal less dps than my old Darkmist (496) + Relic (484).

Tbh, I don't know what kind of proc trinket could beat trinkets which together yield 2300 constant str, plus their procs (6908 haste & 3262 str). Just pure, clean str and haste - no "you have a chance to gain charge x that after y stacks gives you z strength" bullshit. None of these new 522's so far has convinced me. I might however imagine that Gaze of the Twins (1467 str + a stacking crit proc) could actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Personally, I'd much prefer reliability over potential.
    Indeed. Pure, constant strength is always there and affects every ability, the procs being just bonuses. There's enough RNG already.
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2013-04-07 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Tried that combo (with proper gear reforges) and it seems to deal less dps than my old Darkmist (496) + Relic (484).

Tbh, I don't know what kind of proc trinket could beat trinkets which together yield 2300 constant str, plus their procs (6908 haste & 3262 str). Just pure, clean str and haste - no "you have a chance to gain charge x that after y stacks gives you z strength" bullshit. None of these new 522's so far has convinced me. I might however imagine that Gaze of the Twins (1467 str + a stacking crit proc) could actually do that.
    Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously. Darkmist Vortex sucks dick even compared to Lei Shen's Final Orders. Gaze of the Twins is god-awful for Ret. Absolutely terrible and not worth it at all. You have no idea what you're talking about. No offense, but do some more research and testing.

But dude reith...dat pro ICD on vortex. So good. /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? Seriously. Darkmist Vortex sucks dick even compared to Lei Shen's Final Orders. Gaze of the Twins is god-awful for Ret. Absolutely terrible and not worth it at all. You have no idea what you're talking about. No offense, but do some more research and testing.
    Personal testing tells a lot more than theorycrafting. What makes you think that strength is awful?

10+ Year Old Account
    Spark and feather are pretty much BiS at this point, the up-time alone on feather is absurd enough to make it BiS.

I also don't believe he said strength was awful either. He said that trinket was awful, and he is correct.

New trinkets are BIS primodirus may beat spark from some people saying they are able to keep 5 stacks up for long periods. Until then BIS is spark and feather. If they aren't then you aren't paying attention to procs and playing poorly.

Deleted
    simply valore trinket is much better than spark,it's a pain in ass to pair it with ret CD while valore trinket is up before 10sec of fight and with 100 sec of it's ICD have good chance to pair with vortex ,but I vote for valor trinket reforged to hast and feather one as BIS until then...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosider View Post
    simply valore trinket is much better than spark,it's a pain in ass to pair it with ret CD while valore trinket is up before 10sec of fight and with 100 sec of it's ICD have good chance to pair with vortex ,but I vote for valor trinket reforged to hast and feather one as BIS until then...
    Not even, it is better than t14 trinkets, sure, but spark is still rather good with the amount of haste we have in t15. It doesn't line up too well with our initial wings but every wings after has a pretty decent change of lining up with it, and feather for insane ES ticks.

As I stated before, I'd personally only use the valor trinket if you were able to reforge 30%+ of the expertise you gained into haste, but otherwise 2/2 DMC and a lei shen's ends up being more of a dps increase until you can get spark/feather. Even LFR versions of the feather would pull ahead.

Hi guys, I am new to this forum for sure, I really only have any time for LFR with my busy work schedule and family priorities:

Armory Link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ascus/advanced

I was just wondering aside from the obvious that I have no Enchants and still need a bunch of Gems, Are my trinket choices ok? or should I be trying to get the Spark from LFR... I am just unsure as to whether the LFR Spark will overtake the Valor Trinket in DPS. Thank you for you help guys.

Deleted
    Feather normal>Spark normal>=VPtrink>lfr feather>Last order of leis hen normal >Relic>>lfr spark

Thanks Meta, Ill make sure not to worry about trinks at this point until I finally get into a normal raid.

I must say thank you as well, Metasaigneur. As an LFR Raider, this list was what I needed. No reason to spend coins on Horridon now, just meed my Feather and I'm set for trinkets (got my VP Trinket right after my first LFR, had the VP + Rep).
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.