Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Instead, professions are mostly for the bonuses, and some pittance of gold you may luck yourself into earning.
    Ha, I do hope you mean the gear crafting profs (Tailor, Blacksmith, Leatherworker), cause Inscription and Jewelcrafting are insanely profitable at the moment, Enchanting too if you have the high end recipes. And even the gear crafting profs were a good source of income for the first month if you used your mats you gathered/obtained/crafted wisely. I sold 6 robes varying from 35k to 8k in a short period + 2 pairs of gloves, while also making robe + gloves for myself. I did more then allright. If you happened to miss out on the early bonanza, then yes, it's struggle like most professions. Get your mats cheap, and list and relist as often as you can to stay on the top of the list when people search for your item(s). It's no different for any prof, really. (Engineering excepted probably, cause granted, engi is pretty bad beyond scopes)

Craftable epics (476) especially engineering, feels like they just slapped me in the face. LFR gear from professions? GTFO.

They should have engi goggle patterns that drop in raids again.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a blue or a dev stating that Blizz didn't want to go back to the TBC model of craftable gear.

Every caster was in the spellweave or shadoweave gear, warriors had to be a BS to get 'stunherald' for PVP, they were so OP that many people used those entry level epics right upto BT and in some cases into SWP.

Im not a fan of the current crafted gear, especially with those stupid harmony things being BoP and besides making them BoE i have no idea on how to 'balance' the crafted gear from professions without nerfing or making them OP again.

Yeah but you can get a happy medium between useless for raiders, and BIS period. And they are pretty much worthless for raiders, you can clear MSV in 463 gear.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kivana View Post
    I remember a blue or a dev stating that Blizz didn't want to go back to the TBC model of craftable gear.

Every caster was in the spellweave or shadoweave gear, warriors had to be a BS to get 'stunherald' for PVP, they were so OP that many people used those entry level epics right upto BT and in some cases into SWP.

Im not a fan of the current crafted gear, especially with those stupid harmony things being BoP and besides making them BoE i have no idea on how to 'balance' the crafted gear from professions without nerfing or making them OP again.
    Apples and oranges. A lot of the crafted epics in BC were BoP and they lasted multiple tiers. The OP is suggesting that BoE crafted epics are at least LFR quality and I don't think that's too much to ask.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Craftable epix are LFR quality, which is shitty. LFR Is helpful because helps raiders get slots you can't craft while they wait for the real gear in raids. And its helpful for mouth breathers and keyboard turners that would not get epics or see content otherwise.

Craftables are currently useless until you get 496 patterns, the other pattterns (klaxxi) should be MSV normal ILevel, and maybe not perfect itemization.

I have rarely thought the craftables are worth it. Either the item itself had a very brief use but a material cost that did not justify the brief placeholder or the time investment in making the thing did not justify the payoff. Value to me is mileage. When you look at Stormherald back in TBC, that thing had perhaps far too much mileage, holding it's own against the big boys for seemingly an eternity. Unfortunately Blizzard has swung to the opposite extreme since, expecting people to sink their life savings into gear that will be replaced in a week. A pity we could not find some place in the middle of these extremes.

Prop up the ilevel to regular mode raids but give me mediocre optimization. Keep their item level, but give them pristine itemization. Keep the lousy item level and lousy itemization, but make the material cost nominal for those who have already invested a fortune in capping their trade skill.

Pick ONE Blizzard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i cant remember crafting anything that was useable for my warlock (thru tailoring) since BC. i think i did craft some of the blue pvp shit for Cata but it was replaced in about 2 days.

crafting professions these days, in my humble opinion, are there more for their bonuses than the actual gear they can create. leg enchants, belt buckles, etc. etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I am curious, as I don't remember this being the case ever before. Why are crafted epics weaker than lfr epics? I don't quite see the point why anyone not going for server first would waste their time making these ((especially any item that takes living steel, cant make that yourself)). What do you think blizzard's reasoning is behind this?
    Crafted epics make me a sad panda.
    Though epic gems are "shiny"

The only way to make crafted items last longer or be worth it more is that have that slot not drop in LFR. Meaning if I can craft a 476 chest, than there cannot be a 483 chest piece in LFR, aside from a tier token. That way if you're looking to gear up for normal raids, the first option you have is a 463 chest from heroics, then a 476 crafted, then a 483 tier piece, and then a 489 Valor from reputation. You would then have to increase the ilvl needed to enter LFR so that being in full 463 is not possible, you would need a crafted item or valor pieces.

Obviously this is all far too complicated and the main source is that there are so many different ilvls of items.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with the ilvl of craftables. I use the Engi helm and the 476 LW chest and gloves. While the LW gear feels weak you must remember there is better LW gear out there to be made...you just have to go into raids to get it. While the amount of SoH they take to craft seems high the truth is after two weeks or so the mat cost is low as hell...if they were any more powerful it would basically be free powerful raid gear in 2 slots that almost every 'raider' would get. As for the Engi helm...the mat cost is a bit high, but again if it was more powerful it would feel more mandatory to be Engi on the first tier.

Besides...ilvl aint nothing but a number baby.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Craftable gear of note this expansion:

Darkmoon Cards (Like Always)
    Ghost Iron Dragonling (great trinket to help anyone get Hit/Exp capped before getting Heroic trinkets)
    JC Rings/Necks (Great help to get into Heroics, both being 450, and costing 0 Spirits, and the rings not being Unique-Equipped)

That is really about it...

Oh, and don't forget that in 5.1, you can upgrade the ilevel of any item. So, if you have had poor luck on drops of a Normal item or HoF/ToES LFR drop, just upgrade what you do have some, and get more stats on the 476. Problem solved.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.