Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Weak epic craftables

I am curious, as I don't remember this being the case ever before. Why are crafted epics weaker than lfr epics? I don't quite see the point why anyone not going for server first would waste their time making these ((especially any item that takes living steel, cant make that yourself)). What do you think blizzard's reasoning is behind this?
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

craftables have been weaker for a while now. they dont want craftables to be best in slots for anything. they are just ment to be good usable items unless your doing X. in short sell them on the AH for cash. people with alts will buy them to break the heroic 5 man ilvl cap easier.. if they are BOE if they are BOP. then well if you plan on doing X then they are worthless to you. unless you need to hit that ilvl cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya, I get that, but I feel like they should at least be LFR level.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Ya, I get that, but I feel like they should at least be LFR level.
    I agree with this completely.

LFR is optional. But then shouldn't we be able to get equal quality gear if we do not run it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I agree with this completely.

LFR is optional. But then shouldn't we be able to get equal quality gear if we do not run it?
    Exactly, 376 is bogus. I like my goggles why must I be forced to run lfr for something better? I thought this xpack was about choice. I was appaled when I found out I dropped 12kg on stupid living steels to find out it was worthless. Lovely that my guild uses council and now ill be the last with a real epic cause I wasted my time getting this

If they were as good as, or better than why would anyone grind the rep for gear/recipes - if they could just buy themselves BiS or comparable gear. Blizzard spent all this time making all this content for you guys, why undermine themselves by giving everyone a fast and easy way around that?>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    If they were as good as, or better than why would anyone grind the rep for gear/recipes - if they could just buy themselves BiS or comparable gear. Blizzard spent all this time making all this content for you guys, why undermine themselves by giving everyone a fast and easy way around that?>
    One could ask that why grind countless hours for something when you can enter LFR, pick your nose and loot better epics?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well the engineering goggles you can probably say it's kinda good because of the cogwheel sockets in them. I was looking at loot for the first raid and the only leather helm is off the last boss and I don't know where the tier helm is dropping from so I hope I made the right choice about making mine for my BM Monk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    To fill the gaps in your gear. Or get a head start on the gear.

LFR is not intended to be used to grind your BiS pre-raid gear. It can be used for that purpose, but it is supposed to be not "required."

Just the same as the Justice gear and Crafted gear. Neither are actually required for raids, but they can be used by those people who want to gear up as fast as possible. I am fine with Justice gear being less then LFR, especially now with the removal of the rep required to purchase the gear and no weekly cap for JP.

But Crafted pieces which take a daily CD(sometimes not even from your profession) should be of equal quality to LFR.

Deleted
    Why are crafted epics weaker than lfr epics?
    I am confused. Looking at plate chests, the crafted and LFR items are the same itemlevel (476):

http://www.wowdb.com/items/armor/plate/chest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    I am confused. Looking at plate chests, the crafted and LFR items are the same itemlevel (476):

http://www.wowdb.com/items/armor/plate/chest
    You are right.

MV LFR is 476 while TES and HoF LFR are 483...

The problem with 476 craftable gear is the fact that you can make it as soon as you get recipes (so, before making a step in heroic dungeons). While the 489 one you need another item to make them. In fact, the next epic craftable gear, will be the same ilvl as the normal raids, as always has been.

Yeah, really hurt me aswell when I found this out. I really expected my goggles to be at least equivalent to BiS for normal mode, turns out LFR one is better >.> It cost me about 20k to craft that thing, and I'm a poor bastard :S

Deleted
    To an extend I can agree. Bind on craft with profession requirement should be of near or equal to entry raid equipment. All the bind on equipped equipment is fine as it is in my opinion. It'll give some value to professions, beyond vanity and gold.

yea crafting imo is mostly just good for the bonuses

Exactly, 376 is bogus. I like my goggles why must I be forced to run lfr for something better? I thought this xpack was about choice. I was appaled when I found out I dropped 12kg on stupid living steels to find out it was worthless. Lovely that my guild uses council and now ill be the last with a real epic cause I wasted my time getting this
    So the whole point of this thread is for you to bitch about how you made expensive goggles that you'll replace with an LFR epic? That's your fault. Don't try to change an entire crafting system because YOU fucked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornish Forrestfield View Post
    To an extend I can agree. Bind on craft with profession requirement should be of near or equal to entry raid equipment. All the bind on equipped equipment is fine as it is in my opinion. It'll give some value to professions, beyond vanity and gold.
    I think they dont want to make BoP items from professions BiS or even close just because they dont want to "force" certain classes to level a profession just for that item. The prof bonuses are all basically the same so you can choose any crafting prof and be fine. The current BoP items are sort of a flavor item and a small perk of the profession, goggles, alchemist stones, inscr staves.

I think the reason why I haven't used any of the craftable equipment on my main is because it is badly itemized and SoH was better used to make lots and lots of gold while Im not raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am curious, as I don't remember this being the case ever before. Why are crafted epics weaker than lfr epics? I don't quite see the point why anyone not going for server first would waste their time making these ((especially any item that takes living steel, cant make that yourself)). What do you think blizzard's reasoning is behind this?
    The real crafted epics are 496.
    476 could might as well be the blue PVP gear from Cata, that's how insignificant it is.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

If it were up to me, the very best gear in the game would be crafted, and the process of crafting gear would require materials from more than one (Probably more than four) professions. The game could definitely use a better crafting system, and more inter-profession exchanges.

Instead, professions are mostly for the bonuses, and some pittance of gold you may luck yourself into earning.

Deleted
    Made the LW ones they're not that hard to make to be honest so it would be fine if they're a it underquality

10+ Year Old Account
    Their implementation of craftables has been poor for a few tiers now. Whatever about the end viability of the item because of the difficulty to obtain and the associated costs of bloods, essences and embers it's difficult to justify them. I think they should either improve the items or reduce the costs for mid-range products like these. It's a problem once again this tier with both end game stuff and even blues with 5 spirit of harmony costs for something with an equivalent easily obtained in a heroic, hard to see their place.