Enhancement debate with guildmate needs Answers...Plz L@@K!

So, i've been debating with my guildmate over a couple of enhancement questions, but neither of us can actually find support for our side of the argument... SO, I bring these questions to you, Oh Mighty and Knowledgeable Shaman Forum Warriors!

1. Does haste now affect Elementals (ie heroism)

2. If answer to #1 is yes, if we have the exhaustion (heroism) debuff, does that mean our Wolves and Elementals will too? ie... no double dipping.

3. Are Spirit WOlves dynamically or statically affected by buffs? Ie... As our agility, ap, crit, haste, or whatever go up and down, does that dynamically affect theirs too while they are active OR do they only share the buffs that we have when they are launched and remain static through their duration? The answer to this could makes heroism/pots/etc. timing critical for our DPS.

Last question, and this has nothing to do with my debate, but... As someone who reads the EJ forums on enhancement pretty regularly/religiously, am I the only person who noted that the OP of the newest enhancement thread Recommends going with a Mastery build, yet he said he'd probably stack haste for the xpac? Seems contradictory to me.

IF YOU HAVE ANSWERS to the above questions... and have any links or other ways to support your side of the debate, I kindly ask you to please provide. Otherwise, it's just another OPINION...

Thanks!!!

Shammification

Quote Originally Posted by Shammification View Post
    So, i've been debating with my guildmate over a couple of enhancement questions, but neither of us can actually find support for our side of the argument... SO, I bring these questions to you, Oh Mighty and Knowledgeable Shaman Forum Warriors!

1. Does haste now affect Elementals (ie heroism)

2. If answer to #1 is yes, if we have the exhaustion (heroism) debuff, does that mean our Wolves and Elementals will too? ie... no double dipping.

3. Are Spirit WOlves dynamically or statically affected by buffs? Ie... As our agility, ap, crit, haste, or whatever go up and down, does that dynamically affect theirs too while they are active OR do they only share the buffs that we have when they are launched and remain static through their duration? The answer to this could makes heroism/pots/etc. timing critical for our DPS.

Last question, and this has nothing to do with my debate, but... As someone who reads the EJ forums on enhancement pretty regularly/religiously, am I the only person who noted that the OP of the newest enhancement thread Recommends going with a Mastery build, yet he said he'd probably stack haste for the xpac? Seems contradictory to me.

IF YOU HAVE ANSWERS to the above questions... and have any links or other ways to support your side of the debate, I kindly ask you to please provide. Otherwise, it's just another OPINION...

Thanks!!!

Shammification
    In answer to your first 2 questions unless im mistaken elementals haste scales with our current haste so therefore when hero is up elementals also get in directly effected, as in the elementals dont gain hero but get the haste from us and the elementals wont gain haste when hero is up when we have the exhaustion debuff
    I think spirit wolves are also dynamically affected by buffs.
    In answer to your first question, im not quite sure how haste or mastery is working for enhance atm but Ive heard that the better choice depends on your 90 talents. Haste seems really powerful atm so it wont make much difference wether u go mastery or haste.

Sorry i dont have any links to back any of this up, these are things which ive read a while back but cant remember where

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Lust will definitely affect Elementals and Wolves.

Haste and Mastery are VERY close right now for stat weight and they only pull ahead of each other depending on your talents.
    Echo + Unleashed Fury = Mastery then Haste then Crit
    Elemental Mastery + Primal Elementals = Haste then Mastery then Crit

Echo/UF is the higher of the sustained DPS and Elemental Mastery is a burst spec.

I don't think our pets get Exhaustion or Sated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    Blood Lust will definitely affect Elementals and Wolves.

I don't think our pets get Exhaustion or Sated.
    Again, no one seems to have a definitive answer... it's just what everyone thinks... Who can show with a link or otherwise that one is true and the other is not. Back in cata, wolves were affected by haste/hero, but elementals were not.

So, the questions still remain... The first two posters have contradicted eachother... Looking for something definitive here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx

Deleted
    Again, no one seems to have a definitive answer... it's just what everyone thinks... Who can show with a link or otherwise that one is true and the other is not. Back in cata, wolves were affected by haste/hero, but elementals were not.

So, the questions still remain... The first two posters have contradicted eachother... Looking for something definitive here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thx
    Test it?

Pop all your haste and pop an elemental, compare the swings(or its DPS) to when you don't have haste up. Then see if the DPS/swings go down when you cancel your haste buffs.

All I can say for sure is that wolves actually got the hero themselfes as a buff in cata.

Deleted
    1. As people have said, wolves and elementals both scale with your own stats now.

2. When you don't have lust, your wolves won't have lust either. They don't get the buff themselves like they did in wrath and cata.

3. No double dipping, they don't take a snapshot, they scale. The best way to get your proof is to test it out in game for yourself.

4. Haste v Mastery is build dependent. I'd suggest that you get the simcraft program and have a play around with that.

You said you read EJ, did you miss post #2 of the enhancement thread where it gave a table of values for secondary stats for each specific build an enhancement shaman might use? In absence of using the sim yourself, that will at least provide you with a base to work from

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything but Searing Totem is improved by your stats, like most other guardians. They aren't affected by Exhaustion or the like, but neither are they affected by Bloodlust in the first place; they improve because your stats improve, and that's what their stats are based on.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Everything but Searing Totem is improved by your stats, like most other guardians. They aren't affected by Exhaustion or the like, but neither are they affected by Bloodlust in the first place; they improve because your stats improve, and that's what their stats are based on.
    Thx Endus... So, to be clear.... Both elemental and Spirit wolves output are dynamically affected by our stats, to say that when we pop a potion and our dmg goes up, so does theirs and when that potion wears off, and our dps drops, theirs does too, assuming they are still up. Just trying to confirm that it is dynamic each second, and not a static snap shot of my buffs/stats when I drop the totem, or turn on the wolves.

In terms of haste/mastery... I am not confused one bit... I went EotE, UF and a mastery build. I understand those stats values perfectly... what I was trying to ask is if I was the only one who noticed that the OP basically told everyone to go with a mastery build, but he himself was going haste... just found that deliciously odd.

Thanks to all for their replies.

Shammm

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx Endus... So, to be clear.... Both elemental and Spirit wolves output are dynamically affected by our stats, to say that when we pop a potion and our dmg goes up, so does theirs and when that potion wears off, and our dps drops, theirs does too, assuming they are still up. Just trying to confirm that it is dynamic each second, and not a static snap shot of my buffs/stats when I drop the totem, or turn on the wolves.
    Yes, it's dynamic, not a snapshot. It's actually delayed slightly because the game doesn't update stats every microsecond, but the fadeoff is delayed as well, so they get normal uptime.

Also; bear in mind that pets don't scale as well with stats as you do. They basically get nothing from Mastery, for instance.

Also; bear in mind that pets don't scale as well with stats as you do. They basically get nothing from Mastery, for instance.
    Debatable, since both FE and FS both do gain benefit from Mastery; though not as much as Haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Debatable, since both FE and FS both do gain benefit from Mastery; though not as much as Haste.
    Sorry, I misspoke.

They both benefit from Enhancement's Mastery. I'm thinking Elemental; since none of them cast LB or LvB, they can't overload anything, so Mastery doesn't boost them for Elemental.

Sorry, I misspoke.

They both benefit from Enhancement's Mastery. I'm thinking Elemental; since none of them cast LB or LvB, they can't overload anything, so Mastery doesn't boost them for Elemental.
    Right.

Generally speaking, though:
    - FE gains much more from Mastery than FS, due to the CD on the Shadow Bite (or whatever it's called). Especially since all of FE's melee attacks, as well as Nova (and PE Immolate stuff if you take PE), aren't limited to CD's + increased in value by Haste; unlike FS and it's Shadow Bite Ability (or whatever it's called).