- Our damage isn't "bursty" enough and too finisher dependent
- Our damage is also too cooldown dependent
- Our control comes at the heavy cost of damage; something most other classes do not have to worry about
- Our survivability comes at the cost of damage (Recuperate) and extraordinarily long cooldowns (Cloak, Vanish, etc...)
- Our mobility is very limited and also very cooldown dependent/costs a shit-load of damage (Sprint/Burst of Speed and... Well, either Shadow Step or nothing else at all)
The lack of mobility is really a heavy blow; Control is absolutely useless if you have no mobility to go along with it. My brother mains a Paladin and is a "pvp-only" person; He's kiting rogues without issues.