Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Hozen Peace Pipe - Crappy false information.

    Just wanted everyone to know that, you do not get 1,000 rep with Golden-Lotus, Shado-Pan, The August Celestial and The Klaxxi, You only get 110 reputation with those factions at this moment when you use the peace pipe. (only 100 tho if you arent a member of a guild, 120 if you are a human in a guild tho)

    It makes me angry that they have false inforamtion on the item and i can not really understand why it was changed to only give 100 reputation for THOSE factions, while you get 1000 reputations with the others, and i mean...those OTHER factions are also daily factions like the Tillers and Order of the Cloud Serpents.

    There are already quite a few number of players the world around that are already exalted with all factions thanks to the "Hozen Peace Pipe" and it has most likely been nerfed since blizzard dont want you to get exalted to fast, tho they have not removed items( ilvl 476 epics, ilvl 489 epics) or rep from the ones that are already exalted.

    I feel cheated and have made a ticked to GM to remove my rep and restore my pipe, rather sell it if it isnt gona help me one bit.

    Those taht do not know what the "Hozen Peace Pipe" is, it is a blue drop from the rare spawn "Scritch" 8-10% chance to get it, and item description is: Use: Increases reputation with the denizens of Pandaria by 1000. (5 Sec Cooldown) Obviously that is not true, since "Denizens" are actually ALL factions, and it gave the correct amount of 1000 rep for all factions on the beta.

    EDIT: First claims that it only gave 100 rep to the mentioned factions, was posted 1 day ago, so most likely it was ninja-nerfed either 1 day ago or possibly 2-3 days ago. Also, no mention of it being nerfed in the latest blue posts which is really disapointing, instead they leave it in the shadow untill a large enough group of players notice and then mention it "oh btw, we nerfed the rep gained from Peace pipe" expecting something along those lines in a few days ^^
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-02 at 06:02 PM.

  2. #2
    Is this seriously an item in game?

    +1 to Blizzard

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Fateq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    556
    It's dumb, if they want to nerf the item remove the rep people gained from it prior to the nerf or just leave it as is, i'd prefer the latter as the first isn't fair to either party, just like with the people who exploited to get more dailies by going to a friends realm, they get all the benefits but none of the repercussions.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,502
    Or it could just be a tooltip error...



  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Or it could just be a tooltip error...
    Do not se how it could possibly be a tooltip error since it says that you should get 1,000 rep with all of the pandaria factions, and they never changed the wording since BETA, and on the BETA it gave 1,000 rep with ALL the factions.

    Oh and, there are a few players that are Exalted with all the factions, simply because they farmed it for a few days and got many pipes and used them when they actually gave 1,000 rep with all factions, so that is why you se some players already exalted and geared up with ilvl 476 and ilvl 489 items.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,276
    Actaully, you do get 1000 rep.I have obtained the pipe while leveling and used it the moment I hit 90, I got 1000 rep with everyone except the Black Prince faction. So please, if you're gonna accuse Blizzard of lieing, atleast get your facts straight.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Actaully, you do get 1000 rep.I have obtained the pipe while leveling and used it the moment I hit 90, I got 1000 rep with everyone except the Black Prince faction. So please, if you're gonna accuse Blizzard of lieing, atleast get your facts straight.
    When did you use yours? i used mine TODAY.

    You get YOUR facts right.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,276
    I used mine on September 25th obviously. There's no need for me to get my facts straight as currently I'm ahead of every single person on the server by 1000 rep. 2.5k/12000 Golden Lotus, 11000/12000 Klaxxi, 11500/12000 Tillers, Half way to Revered with Anglers, 2.5k/3k with August Celestials and 936/12000 with Shado-Pan.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    I used mine on September 25th obviously. There's no need for me to get my facts straight as currently I'm ahead of every single person on the server by 1000 rep. 2.5k/12000 Golden Lotus, 11000/12000 Klaxxi, 11500/12000 Tillers, Half way to Revered with Anglers, 2.5k/3k with August Celestials and 936/12000 with Shado-Pan.
    Eh...why dont you read the whole post instead of just asuming that the Pipe was NOT changed a few days after MoP released? it has been changed to only give 100 rep for the factions i mentioned, do not try to say that i am lying if you dont have a clue what im saying, and you have no clue since you have not used Peace Pipe since the 25th, if you use one today, you dont get 1,000 rep as easy as that.

  10. #10
    Pit Lord Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    Eh...why dont you read the whole post instead of just asuming that the Pipe was NOT changed a few days after MoP released? it has been changed to only give 100 rep for the factions i mentioned, do not try to say that i am lying if you dont have a clue what im saying, and you have no clue since you have not used Peace Pipe since the 25th, if you use one today, you dont get 1,000 rep as easy as that.
    I'm gonna go ahead and farm the mob now until I get the pipe again, If I do get it again I'm gonna take a picture of +1000 everything and link it here.But please before you say Blizzard is lieing and before you tell me to get my facts straight, you should maybe just maybe wonder if it's you who's bugged?

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 04:53 PM ----------

    Also, maybe it doesn't affect those above certain rep.If it gave you 1000 with Order and the Tillers then that could be the case, or as I said earlier - You might be bugged.
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

    Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

  11. #11
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,502
    Keep it civil, please



  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and farm the mob now until I get the pipe again, If I do get it again I'm gonna take a picture of +1000 everything and link it here.But please before you say Blizzard is lieing and before you tell me to get my facts straight, you should maybe just maybe wonder if it's you who's bugged?
    WoWHead comments actually support my claim of only getting 100 rep with the factions i mentioned, they also only got 100 reputation with those factions. You are right that it might be a bug, and if it is i will link that information since i made a Ticket about this already, but i wouldent think its a bug since others already only got 100 rep aswell.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Actaully, you do get 1000 rep.I have obtained the pipe while leveling and used it the moment I hit 90, I got 1000 rep with everyone except the Black Prince faction. So please, if you're gonna accuse Blizzard of lieing, atleast get your facts straight.
    I used it 4 hours ago, 100 rep to the main 4, 1k rep to the rest.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ourinho/simple

    No more avatars . Not risking anymore bans.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    Also, maybe it doesn't affect those above certain rep.If it gave you 1000 with Order and the Tillers then that could be the case, or as I said earlier - You might be bugged.
    Nope, Since i am already Honored with Tillers, but only Friendly with Golden Lotus and still got 1000 rep with tillers, but only 100 with Golden Lotus.

  15. #15
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,230
    Sounds to me like the item might be bugged; that, or they hotfixed it to lower rep gains for the Big Four to encourage taking longer to grind them out and they didn't update the tooltip yet.

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  16. #16
    Mechagnome Resania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sweden, skåne
    Posts
    534
    Could someone just SS it and upload a pic, will be kinda easy to see if you gain rep with all factions and how much (so can't just be faked). Would solve this and since I'm thinking to buy them just for the purpose of boosting my golden lotus rep I kinda want to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sounds to me like the item might be bugged; that, or they hotfixed it to lower rep gains for the Big Four to encourage taking longer to grind them out and they didn't update the tooltip yet.
    Think if it's changed it's because top guilds were camping this npc 24/7 (actually 24/7 not just a lot) Been having some sleep issues lately and been checking in on the spawn just because and every time I see a person from a top world guild hanging there waiting, dosn't matter if it's 3 am or 4 pm they got atleast 1 person there.
    Last edited by Resania; 2012-10-02 at 05:06 PM.
    WarCry [A] 25m - Auchindoun EU
    14/14 Heroic SoO - See below what we're recruiting

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Sounds to me like the item might be bugged; that, or they hotfixed it to lower rep gains for the Big Four to encourage taking longer to grind them out and they didn't update the tooltip yet.
    I also belive that they changed it after they noticed that some players hit Exalted with all factions due to farming it. Which is freakin retarded of them, why wouldent we get the same chance to get our rep up faster? if they are going to do ninja changes like this they should remove the rep from the pipes that other players already got, i dont se how it is fair that quite a few player are already exalted, but i cant hit exalted for a few weeks due to being limited to Daily quests (and pipe if i want to bother farming it for 100 rep)

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-02 at 05:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Could someone just SS it and upload a pic, will be kinda easy to see if you gain rep with all factions and how much (so can't just be faked). Would solve this and since I'm thinking to buy them just for the purpose of boosting my golden lotus rep I kinda want to know.
    Im still farming it, but if i get a 2nd drop, im not gona use it, i will put it on the AH and get gold instead, if i get to speak to a GM tho, i will quote the replies.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Good thing they nerfed it... Wasn't really fun to camp that spawn.

  20. #20
    Mechagnome Hexotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    707
    i got 3 pre nerf, now im enjoying raping the auction house with high lvl leg enchants

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •