Blizz doesn't take PvP seriously and treats it no different than fishing and cooking. I mean look at all the new cooking content added to the game. A couple of new battleground skins amongst broken mechanics doesn't qualify as 'new' content to me.
There needs to be some major fixes to the PvP system. Here's what I think would of been nice to see in MoP:
1. Perhaps if it functioned more like LFG and it made sure each BG had no less than 2 healers and no more than 4 healers per game?
2. Some additional monitoring of afk players and bots.
3. It was clear at 85 things were out of balance in player damage and healing. This needed fixed. When they say, it's tuned for 90, I look back on the progression of this game and when has a statement like that ever worked? Never as I can recall. I wish blizzard would stop the whining about making a dual damage system. Player damage and NPC damage. Each spell should have 2 mechanics in the spellbook for achieving this. They have mentioned a dual damage system before like it was a trivial thing to do, but they didn't implement it to avoid confusion. But seriously, if it's so trivial for them to 'fix' PvP and the game has been going this long, why haven't they done it yet? I point back to the title of this post. A dual damage system would be the easiest way for them to tune PvP as needed without affecting PvE at all.
4. Reset on the MMR and a rating decay system.
5. PvP weapons and never again see the problem 'cunning of the cruel' caused last season.
6. An improved PvP daily quest system (kill 10 orcs/humans/trolls/gnomes, whatever)