Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Item Level 463 for LFR

Now that it's official, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the difficulty of achieving ilvl 463 for LFR. Heroic 5-mans drop 463 loot, so we are expected to either:

- grind out heroics and pray for a drop till _every_ slot is 463
    - hope for loot from a world boss one or twice a week
    - pvp (464) for pve gear
    - black market auction house

This seems to be too high a bar to set for a casual player. I thought that the 4.3 requirement of 6 levels below heroic 5-man loot (378 quest rewards and drops / 372 required) was much more reasonable.

Discuss.

Deleted
    PVP Gear does not count in the itemlevel, anbd nah, its not too much for a casual, as the heroics are really fast

Quote Originally Posted by toasttemp View Post
    Now that it's official, I wanted to hear some thoughts about the difficulty of achieving ilvl 463 for LFR. Heroic 5-mans drop 463 loot, so we are expected to either:

- grind out heroics and pray for a drop till _every_ slot is 463
    - hope for loot from a world boss one or twice a week
    - pvp (464) for pve gear
    - black market auction house

This seems to be too high a bar to set for a casual player. I thought that the 4.3 requirement of 6 levels below heroic 5-man loot (378 quest rewards and drops / 372 required) was much more reasonable.

Discuss.
    You forget crafting items (ilvl 463)

I dont know, it might be too much, maybe a 460 or something like that so you can have one or two 450 items.

10+ Year Old Account
    It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Why wouldn't PvP gear count? The only difference is that the ilevel of PvP gear now matches its PvE stats making them just as useful as a similar PvE item, the extra PvP stats are "free".

Raise your reputation to revered with an appropriate faction and buy ilvl 489 gear.

Heroics in MoP are no where near as difficult as the Heroics in Cataclysm were at launch. The dungeons are all also pretty short, so farming heroic gear shouldn't be too difficult or time consuming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    PVP Gear does not count in the itemlevel
    Source for this please. My PvP gear adds on just fine.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

I am pretty sure it's intentional. There are sources of gear at or above 463 outside of heroics, such as crafted gear or VP gear. But the devs said they did not like how a freshly level-capped character was hopping into LFR sometimes within hours of reaching level cap. They want players to spend at least a little time and effort getting geared before jumping into LFR. This seems in line with that philosophy.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    It takes only a few hours to get 463. . . If that's too much for the average "Casual" then maby said person should swap to a single-player game or GW2.
    It can take much longer than that if you don't have very good luck. I've run heroics for many hours without many drops, often going through many instances without a single thing I can even use dropping, much less actually win. Sitting at about 456 ilvl right now.

I think 463 is probably reasonable, but because rep gear and/or patterns to craft gear takes FOREVER to get (and the justice gear is trash), that requirement is a little annoying to actually achieve unless you grind for days or are just lucky.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

i hit 458 yesterday with a total of 4 hours in dungeons since release and no im not getting loot constantly on my mage

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If it proves to be too high it'll be lowered. I'd say 459.
    You need quite a few 5hc pieces but you won't be completely screwed over because there's a few pieces with i450
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Get 2 random Direbrew trinkets.

I love the irony...Cataclysm...any noob can run LFR and get loot...Panda...It's too hard to get geared enough to get into LFR LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Systam View Post
    i hit 458 yesterday with a total of 4 hours in dungeons since release and no im not getting loot constantly on my mage
    First items are always the easier ones, since almost anything that drops is good for you.

The problem is when you are missing two slots, and the only drops are from the ones you have.

Ilvl counts your bags anyway, so if you are missing a neck 463 and you loot by greed one that is not good for you, it will count as long as you can equip it.

What crafted/vendor gear is currently available beyond 450? All the 463+ items/patterns seem to be stuck behind long daily grinds, most of which cannot be completed by the time LFR opens next week (hello Golden Lotus gating).

I love running 5-mans, but, at some point it's just too much. We've all had loot that _never_ drops thanks to RNG. LFR level = heroic drops means that you'll need drops from EVERY slot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Ilvl counts your bags anyway, so if you are missing a neck 463 and you loot by greed one that is not good for you, it will count as long as you can equip it.
    They need to fix that shitty loophole.

It took me a little more than 20 heroic runs to get 463 item level. That might take casuals a week or two, but hopefully at that time they'll have valor gear and 463 will be much easier to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They need to fix that shitty loophole.
    they seem to have fixed that to some extent.
    Whenever I am fishing and have my fishing pole equipped I cannot queue for heroics. Switch to my actual weapons and can queue np and can switch back to fishing pole and stay in queue.

But if you can equip it you can just use a set of gear to queue up for things then switch back to your regular gear set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    they seem to have fixed that to some extent.
    Whenever I am fishing and have my fishing pole equipped I cannot queue for heroics. Switch to my actual weapons and can queue np and can switch back to fishing pole and stay in queue.

But if you can equip it you can just use a set of gear to queue up for things then switch back to your regular gear set.
    Now they need to go all the way and fix it so it doesn't let you queue if you use agility trinkets as a shaman while not being in enhancement spec for example.