Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph of Aimed Shot

Your Aimed Shot can now be used while moving.
    Whaaat?! Me likes! Screw BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Your Aimed Shot can now be used while moving.
    Whaaat?! Me likes! Screw BM.
    This isn't even close to enough to fix Marksman as a spec overall, unfortunately.

While being able to glyph it to fire on the run is nice how often are you hardcasting AS? I haven't played MM at all in MoP but id imagine this isn't exactly going to shoot MM to the top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    While being able to glyph it to fire on the run is nice how often are you hardcasting AS? I haven't played MM at all in MoP but id imagine this isn't exactly going to shoot MM to the top.
    Indeed AS is almost always used on instant procc because its proccs so often you just fire SS CS and then steady shot = AS procc then AS Chimera steady shot steady shot:P

Nice step in the right direction, but mm and especially survival need more than this to be used instead of bm.

Glyph of Steady Focus. You gain steady focus each time you cast steady shot for 4s. No longer provides additional 3 focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndsa View Post
    Well, we're obviously not hardcasting Aimed Shot often now, because we can't use it while moving now. That's the point of the glyph. Now we can use it often.

Quote Originally Posted by ltm View Post
    Glyph of Steady Focus. You gain steady focus each time you cast steady shot for 4s. No longer provides additional 3 focus.
    I assume that's a glyph you are suggesting since I see nothing about it on mmo champion.

The aimed shot glyph is ok, but hardly a game changer, since aimed shot is only really powerful when the target is near full health. And of course you have to give up a nice glyph to get it. MM needs way more than that.

What I want to know if whether bestial wrath still operates as a trinket for the hunter on the TR. If not, say goodbye to BM ever being used in arena.

by the time 5.1 hits, the 4 set 10% haste plus haste on gear will probably bring AiS cast time to acceptable levels making this a fantastic change
    Dafft - Scout - DAoC
    Dafft - Shadow Warrior - Warhammer
    Dafft - Hunter - WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    I assume that's a glyph you are suggesting since I see nothing about it on mmo champion.

The aimed shot glyph is ok, but hardly a game changer, since aimed shot is only really powerful when the target is near full health. And of course you have to give up a nice glyph to get it. MM needs way more than that.

What I want to know if whether bestial wrath still operates as a trinket for the hunter on the TR. If not, say goodbye to BM ever being used in arena.
    What nice glyphs do hunters get? 10% more healing and ??

Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    Glyph of Solace Your Freezing Trap also removes and Scatter Shot also remove all damage over time effects from the target. their targets.

its a start

This is step one towards giving hunters a viable PvP spec once BM is inevitably nerfed in to worthlessness.

Let's be honest here, once BM loses it's top tier burst (it definitely will and probably not even that long from now), no one intelligent will want to play this clunky sloppy spec and at the moment there is no fallback spec.

Hopefully by the time BM goes to hell, Marks will have slowly been made viable again. If not, Hunters in PvP will fall off faster than Rogues did from Cata to MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionym View Post
    This isn't even close to enough to fix Marksman as a spec overall, unfortunately.
    But at least this indicates they are doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    marked for death and no escape if the adds can be affected by the trap.

The only thing this change does is makes us switch our glyph of scatter to glyph of solace since that's how they're combining it. AiS hardcast is a death sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    But at least this indicates they are doing something.
    If they really wanted to do something, they would make CA phase more meaningful by making it last longer. Most fights players pop cds at the start and we blaze through CA phase extremely fast.

No, a necessary change would be a straight damage buff, especially in my opinion, to steady shot. It hits like a wet noodle in comparison to cobra shot and the only slightly redeeming factor is the bleed it has the CHANCE to put on the target.

It isn't really even a step in the right direction its more of a "well, we're making the other casted shots usable while moving.... I guess we HAVE to". A change in the right direction would have been this change at the beginning of mop for an exclusive marks benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    marked for death and no escape if the adds can be affected by the trap.
    I would say that in almost all cases this new glyph will be the 3rd glyph everyone should use for marks along with marked for death and the healing glyph. Bigger frost traps are pretty situational and the only fight I can think it was extremely useful for was H Madness. I will still use nno Escape for Surv since there isnt another good glyph and it can potentiall increase dps by improving LnL probability due to a larger area adds can walk over it.

The reason it wont help a whole lot is because the only time we hardcast AiS is for the first 10% of the fight where you might be able to get 2-3 in and usually dont have to move anyway. It will be better after this tier when we have more haste or if they buff AiS with more damage or a shorter cast time. I wish they could put these changes in now I cant wait until 5.1, its going to be awesome running around and casting all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    I would say that in almost all cases this new glyph will be the 3rd glyph everyone should use for marks along with marked for death and the healing glyph. Bigger frost traps are pretty situational and the only fight I can think it was extremely useful for was H Madness. I will still use nno Escape for Surv since there isnt another good glyph and it can potentiall increase dps by improving LnL probability due to a larger area adds can walk over it.

The reason it wont help a whole lot is because the only time we hardcast AiS is for the first 10% of the fight where you might be able to get 2-3 in and usually dont have to move anyway. It will be better after this tier when we have more haste or if they buff AiS with more damage or a shorter cast time. I wish they could put these changes in now I cant wait until 5.1, its going to be awesome running around and casting all over the place.
    I never said to not use the glyph... I was just saying that those were good glyphs because they asked "What nice glyphs do hunters get".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    If they really wanted to do something, they would make CA phase more meaningful by making it last longer. Most fights players pop cds at the start and we blaze through CA phase extremely fast.

CA is basicaly blizzard's idea of a reversed execute and it could work. Below 20% HP on execute phase also a lot of classes have abilities that increase a lot their damage and most also pop cooldowns for the final burn, so your reasoning about CA being shit because of cooldowns in the start of the fight doesnt buy me.

About sugestions:

Increase steady shot to same damage output as Cobra shot.
    Master Marksman should be 100% chance on steady shot, but normalize it to 4 stacks = free instant aimed shot. That would reduce the randomness.

To include a little randomness/proc, just make Serpent sting have a medium/low % chance to make an instant/free aimed shot aswell.

The rotation would be : Steady shot to maintain steady focus, chimera shot on cd, Aimed shot on SS procs, Aimed shot on Master Marksman procs, Kill shot, arcane shot to dump focus. (and insert glaive toss, dire beast, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by knightpt View Post
    Increase steady shot to same damage output as Cobra shot.
    Master Marksman should be 100% chance on steady shot, but normalize it to 4 stacks = free instant aimed shot. That would reduce the randomness.
    If the MM stacks too easily, or Steady's damage is increased too much we hit the point where we should never dump focus as it results in a loss of potential MM stacks. This is something they have to be very careful about when throwing numbers like this around.