Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Justice and Honor Gear Item Level Changes

Justice and Honor Gear Item Level Changes
    You can see the current stats on the Season 12 Armor sets page and on WoWDB for the off set items.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re working to adjust current Justice and Honor gear to better align with intended values. Currently it’s more lucrative to run Battelgrounds for ilvl 464 epics, and convert all Justice to Honor to gear up. While some crossover is fine, the most optimal way to gear for PvE doesn’t make sense to happen through PvP.

This hotfix will ideally go out today, and once applied will change all Justice and Honor items (including those already purchased) in the following ways:

Justice Items
    Current – ilvl 450 Rare
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

Honor Items
    Current – ilvl 464 Epic
    New – ilvl 458 Rare

We’ll be increasing the PvP Power and Resilience on the Honor items by 15% to compensate for this change.

Again, our design in Mists of Pandaria is to allow for a greater degree of crossover between PvE and PvP using the same gear, but the original item levels simply made Honor gear (through Battlegrounds or conversion of Justice to Honor) a far better route to gear up for PvE. Players who enjoy PvE shouldn’t feel forced to PvP to get the best gear, and vice versa.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-10-02 at 09:01 PM.

Damn it. There goes my plan!

Interesting =/

Deleted
    So now JP items are only 5 ilvl worse than heroic item ? why not just leave pvp gear as it is and lvl up JP gear to 463 ?

I like it. I figured something like this would happen, otherwise everyone would be doing raids and dungeons with epic pvp items only.

458 items still doesn't really help considering heroics give 463.

How this went live is curious for sure. Blizz overlooked the fact that pvp gear has all the same pve stats with pvp ones on top of it and didn't think ppl would take advantage or abuse this. This sucks for a few ppl that bought a ton of gear today or cashed in JP for honor, in a few days this wont matter at all though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Change makes sense but I'm feeling kinda sad that I bought 2 pieces of honor gear this AM and put some rather expensive enchants/gems on them and now they will be replaced by 5 man drops I likely will get this week.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the min/maxing raiders that spent 4k Honor and 2500JP on Honor Gear because it gave you a better chance to get into LFR next week as well as more item levels for raiding...

Pwned.

Conquest gear is obviously the only worthwhile gear to grind out now for item levels, and that's probably the best way to incentivise Arena: make PvEers do it. Lol.

Not sure why they up the JP items even more. There's no challenge in getting 440 ilvl to do the heroics once you hit 90, and that was before we were even able to access the JP vendors for 450 items.

Now they give 458? You're going to be replacing them quickly in the heroics anyhow :P They should just be used as filler for what quest rewards you didn't get in Dread Wastes to hit 440.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    How this went live is curious for sure. Blizz overlooked the fact that pvp gear has all the same pve stats with pvp ones on top of it and didn't think ppl would take advantage or abuse this. This sucks for a few ppl that bought a ton of gear today or cashed in JP for honor, in a few days this wont matter at all though.
    Yeah, I cashed in my JP this morning and bought honor gear, not a huge deal as I get a good 2 set bonus, but somewhat annoying. I agree with the change as I thought everything about JP gear was messed up from having to have rep to being that much worse than honor gear. The big question is 'how did this go live'. When MoP launched and I looked into JP gear and honor gear, the first thing I thought is how broken the acquisition system was and how ridiculous it was that Honor gear was that much better than JP gear. How could they not have seen these issues, and even if they missed them, someone in beta must have pointed it out. Fixing retroactively just pisses people off, so why on earth did they not fix this before launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaqkmagick View Post
    458 items still doesn't really help considering heroics give 463.
    The point of justice gear is to ease the transition from questing to heroics.... So, yes, it does help?
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    The point of justice gear is to ease the transition from questing to heroics.... So, yes, it does help?
    I suppose. I forgot they removed rep requirements.

Considering I already started doing this, I am not too happy.

Err, the primary source of JPs is heroics. So, no.

The JP items are 450 (and now 458) because they assume players have 4000JP banked up from Cataclysm.

This is really bizarre, because you're killing bosses that drop 463 gear to get points you can spend for inferior gear. At least 458 is half a tier closer.

The NEW point is to ease the transition, the point in the previous expansions was to cover the slots you were not having lucky to drop in heroics, which is why they had the same ilvl.

You ran heroics, get JP and some gear. For that elusive gear that just dont drop and when it does it gets ninjaed, you had JP.

I prefer the old point to the new one.

Now I will never enter raid finder, it will take 4-5 weeks of grinding, because items for shaman never drop

I want to quote a comment of one poster on a BiS list thread which included 464 pvp gear: "I think the problem is you people refusing to PvP to get gear. Well then go ahead and farm your dungeons 100 times to get your inferior gear. That's your problem after all. Just don't complain about a BiS list having BiS items on it."

Bliizard just spat in his face and other dudes like him who thought that they were cool.

How the hell did they not forsee this?

Oh, let's make the PvP gear 464 epics. Surely none of the players will choose that over 450 blues that are only 14 levels under it! That's genius!