View Poll Results: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Voters
917. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

    560 61.07%
  • too easy

    357 38.93%
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
... LastLast
  1. #201
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    You still need to farm normal Mogu Palace for the last few missing lvls to 440. Well, before they nerfed it yesterday at least.
    I didn't touch a normal dungeon once I hit 90; and fun fact, I am still using Will of Unbinding. I managed to fudge the point difference using Scenario quest loot.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    This may be difficult to understand, but some people play games to relax and have fun. And you have the option of pursuing blood-pressure raising content in the form of challenge modes, now.
    This may be difficult to understand, but :
    - Relaxing and having fun doesn't imply facerolling content half-asleep. In fact, being bored actually don't tend to relax and be fun.
    - You have 99 % of the game to faceroll, why should even half of the endgame be facerollable too ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    They tried that. It was a complete failure.
    Actually, it was very successful in TBC, and the only problem at the beginning of Cata was that they catered to the brainless for two years and hence lowered expectation, increased childish feeling of entitlement from bads, and destroyed the average skill level. So again a problem about catering to the idiots.
    Why is it frightening? Do you frighten so easily? That sounds debilitating.
    People unable to bear the idea of anything else than facerolling sounds far more debilitating.

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i see a lot of people say that heroics are the new normal and challenge mode are the new heroics, i only ask because i really like to follow the game so please refrain from calling me an idiot, or a hater, but if that is the case then what is the point of having normal mode dungeons then?
    There aren't any max level "normal" dungeons. The normal dungeons are all leveling ones.

    Heroics are simply "max-level" dungeons now, which doesn't flow very well off the tongue.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  4. #204
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    I didn't run a single normal dungeon before queuing for heroics at 90. Before the nerf.
    Dunno how you managed that, I had between 420-424 at the time I arrived at 90, on both toons.

  5. #205
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Mediocrity is entirely subjective. I personally find democratization of content to be a virtue.
    So dumbing things down for all to experience is a good thing in your eyes.

    Also my friend allowing all to sharing the content isn't democratization it's socialism.

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Dunno how you managed that, I had between 420-424 at the time I arrived at 90, on both toons.
    Crafted PvP gear, most likely. It's ilvl 350.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  7. #207
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    This may be difficult to understand, but :
    - Relaxing and having fun doesn't imply facerolling content half-asleep. In fact, being bored actually don't tend to relax and be fun.
    - You have 99 % of the game to faceroll, why should even half of the endgame be facerollable too ?
    Because if you don't feel like facerolling, you have the other half of the endgame to dally around in. Funny how logic works like that.

    Kravitz Syndrome. Why are you so concerned with what the less-than-hardcore players are doing with their time, given that they pay the same amount per month as you?

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Crafted PvP gear, most likely. It's ilvl 350.
    If you quest in Dread Wastes once you hit 89, you'll be quite a bit higher than 420-424.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  9. #209
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    So dumbing things down for all to experience is a good thing in your eyes.

    Also my friend allowing all to sharing the content isn't democratization it's socialism.
    Yes, given they provide a perfectly adequate amount of content for the hardcore to pursue in the form of Heroic Raids and Challenge modes.

    I'm assuming you're American given how people of that nationality seem to have problems with the definition of socialism. Nerfing content in an MMO is equivocable to government control of the means of production, appparently.

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldschoolwow View Post
    So dumbing things down for all to experience is a good thing in your eyes.

    Also my friend allowing all to sharing the content isn't democratization it's socialism.
    You've been outvoted in the gaming market by far more numerous mediocre players. That's not socialism, that's capitalism kicking you in the face.

    Your fundamental mistake is confusing being a good player with being a preferred customer. Success at the game does not entitle you to have the game design biased to make you happier with it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  11. #211
    Brewmaster videotape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    1,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    If you quest in Dread Wastes once you hit 89, you'll be quite a bit higher than 420-424.
    Yep. Multiple quest rewards are 450.

    Also: not a single piece of crafted gear, PvP or otherwise.

    It was really, really easy to get to 440.

  12. #212
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You've been outvoted in the gaming market by far more numerous mediocre players. That's not socialism, that's capitalism kicking you in the face.

    Your fundamental mistake is confusing being a good player with being a preferred customer. Success at the game does not entitle you to have the game design biased to make you happier with it.
    ^This. The vast majority of people prefer to treat this game as just that, a game, rather than a second job.

  13. #213
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Yep. Multiple quest rewards are 450.

    Also: not a single piece of crafted gear, PvP or otherwise.

    It was really, really easy to get to 440.
    Well, I've hit 90 before I could finish those questlines for the 450 items, despite having completely skipped Krasarang. At that point I was quite tired of getting ganked by mantid and saurok all over the place and went for the Mogu Palace instead.

  14. #214
    Moderator Nobleshield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    4,730
    They are easy enough IMO. Not chain pull everything and AOE it down, but proceed at a good pace and pull groups quickly but not recklessly. Although IMO I think that the 3 groups before Taran Zhu and the Scarlet Halls Guardians need to have their damage tuned down just a few thousand; as a tank those things are BRUTAL.
    NOBLESHIELD
    Raids & Dungeons Moderator | Twitch Stream | Wayniac#1291


  15. #215
    The Insane Didactic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    Posts
    15,851
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Well, I've hit 90 before I could finish those questlines for the 450 items, despite having completely skipped Krasarang. At that point I was quite tired of getting ganked by mantid and saurok all over the place and went for the Mogu Palace instead.
    I feel you. I do think that mobs have -slightly- too much health this expansion.

  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Because if you don't feel like facerolling, you have the other half of the endgame to dally around in. Funny how logic works like that.
    I'm afraid that "endgame = facerolling" doesn't work well with logic.
    Kravitz Syndrome. Why are you so concerned with what the less-than-hardcore players are doing with their time, given that they pay the same amount per month as you?
    Where does this crap comes from ?
    I'm talking about how endgame shouldn't be a facerollable bore and you bring the most stupid overused cliché that has absolutely nothing to do with this ?
    And you're talking about logic ?

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I feel you. I do think that mobs have -slightly- too much health this expansion.
    Eh, I'm digging it. I can actually get off something slightly resembling a base rotation on a mob before it's dead, but I've only come close to death if I'm silly and overpull.

    3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

  18. #218
    Warchief Kezotar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    not sure
    Posts
    2,137
    First you say it's too hard in cata, now it's too easy? Blame the casual players, not Blizzard. I even heard they want easier raids (LFR) with Raiders loot (normal raid).
    I7 - 4930K / 16 GB - 1600MHZ / R9 290 Core 1220 MHZ - Memory 1550 MHZ

  19. #219
    Warchief Voyager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Soviet Union
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Not chain pull everything and AOE it down
    Most of the dungeons ARE chainpull and AOE everything down.
    I'd much rather prefer the Zandalari style of CC'ing some and focusing mobs down one by one, those were way more fun than this pure AOE madness.

  20. #220
    I think it's the right balance. Normals dungeons are there for leveling, but at 90 you have heroics designed to be done with LFG so they aren't real hard. I think they might be tuned just a tad too easy since you have to consider how quick they will be when we get geared just in first raid gear, and already there seems to be no need for CC or much consideration beyond AoE tank and AoE DPS, but they're still pretty good. I didn't cringe running them, though I laughed when an entire group dropped after ONE wipe.

    Second week it's out and everyone should know EXACTLY what the bosses do and there shouldn't be a single wipe, amiright? Group filled quick and we cleared the rest with no problem. It was fun.

    If you want a challenge, the challenge modes are there and you can never outgear them, so they will remain a challenge for players.

    Plus with the different factions to work on, LFR giving me some raid options on alts outside of regular raiding, scenarios, and heroics all there as options, I'm really enjoying the different levels of difficulty and choices of things to do.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •