View Poll Results: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Voters
917. You may not vote on this poll
  • perfect

    560 61.07%
  • too easy

    357 38.93%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes, you are right but why does Blizz have to do this? So people who couldn't even do a heroic now feel special because they can faceroll Heroics and I guess now challenge is the leet new instance? So stupid. What is normal then? I'm a complete idiot who can't even think for 2 seconds straight so I need normal?
    Better than WotLK where we only had easy, not even a choice for challenging.

  2. #42
    Pit Lord Eliot123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chamber of Understanding
    Posts
    2,376
    They are very easy, but I don't mind it tbh.
    Hello hello dps are you there? On Recount I don't see a thing, main tank has the healing debuff from the boss you see you see;
    Wha-a-at did you say? Vent is breaking up on me, sorry I can't talk now I am kinda healing; K-kinda healing, k-kinda healing...

  3. #43
    A statistics student could use MMO-Champion as a primary source in how terrible polls are constructed.

  4. #44
    Does anybody else remember trying to teach people how to do Ozruk in Stonecore and Steelbender in Blackrock Caverns?
    That was a pain for any tank that just liked to stand still. Hell, when Beauty had 3 dogs up, teaching people how to keep CC on them (although I loved that hunters could cc two at once) was also a pain.

    Heroics being this way is good, I mean, you're in LFD, lots of people don't listen too well and at times there's a language barrier in place. It's good that they're not too difficult... Explaining people how to do Raigonn and the vizier guy is still a bit frustrating though if they don't listen.

  5. #45
    Brewmaster Brittany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,268
    I preferred TBC in terms of difficulty. You geared up in normal, then you could enter the heroic and gear there, then you could enter the raid. Right now you can go in straight off the bat in quest greens/blues and do alright in a good group. Thats fine, but they'll get way too easy way too fast for the people that are spending every night playing this game.

  6. #46
    they are just fine. Its a chore all raiders have to do. So why suffer doing it.

    If you are looking for a challenge. Do challenge mode. bricks will be dropped

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany View Post
    I preferred TBC in terms of difficulty. You geared up in normal, then you could enter the heroic and gear there, then you could enter the raid. Right now you can go in straight off the bat in quest greens/blues and do alright in a good group. Thats fine, but they'll get way too easy way too fast for the people that are spending every night playing this game.
    Wow you did not play TBC like I did. Here's how I did TBC. Hit 70, look around, realize the past to the fastest gear acquisition was pvp and start pvping. Immediately go into raids in full pvp gear and outdps all the poor saps that wasted their time grinding the rep to get into the heroics.

    I consider the heroic 5 mans in TBC to be a failure on literally every single level. The gear drops were useless, the badges of justice rewards were useless, pvp gear was better in literally every single case.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    There is no point in doing challenge modes. It provides no better rewards. Cosmetic stuff is useless.
    How is cosmetic stuff useless? IMO the Warrior Challenge Tier is one of the best looking sets in the game, not to mention the special effects that occur when you use Spells/Abilities/Emotes ... Then there's the MOUNT which looks fucking awesome.

    Useless? What a joke.

  9. #49
    The Unstoppable Force Hysteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / PoE
    Posts
    21,495
    This is cute hahaha well I'm just going to go with ''Do challenge modes'' crowd. There's really nothing else that needs to be said I mean really even as a former HC I did NOT like being stuck in a heroic for like an hour or something stupid in cata and I was ''forced'' since I was part of the core team in my old guild sooooo yeah was pretty dumb granted I didn't have a problem doing it but doing it pretty much your entire day to gear up for raiding due to OMG REALM FIRST LES DO THIS ( Thankfully I don't do that anymore )

    Then It just pisses me off in my case.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-03 at 12:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    A statistics student could use MMO-Champion as a primary source in how terrible polls are constructed.
    I swear we should just turn off polls in this area anyway ahaha!
    Last edited by Hysteria; 2012-10-03 at 12:50 AM.

  10. #50
    Go do challenge modes, quit whining

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Snakehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    'merica
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    No i like them easy. The less time i have to spend in there for blue gear/vp or jp the better. Not everyone has 1/2 hours spare time to do heroics. I want to come home from work do a few in 20/30 mins and be done with it. Eg at the start of cata i didn't even have time to do one heroic before raids.
    I hope you never complain about the evil "casuals" dumbing down the game because your statement personifies what the "casuals" want from blizzard.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    How is cosmetic stuff useless? IMO the Warrior Challenge Tier is one of the best looking sets in the game, not to mention the special effects that occur when you use Spells/Abilities/Emotes ... Then there's the MOUNT which looks fucking awesome.

    Useless? What a joke.
    For real. What are titles and mounts except for cosmetic things? I've expended more effort getting meta achievements that award mounts than anything else in this game. Do challenge modes give you achievements? Yes. Mounts? Yes. They aren't worthless to me then.

  13. #53
    the dungeons are easy, but then again, who actually cares?

    the reason people wanted "hard dungeons" was because they wanted a challenge, and/or, because they wanted to flex their epeen. The only other reason were they were on a bandwagon and their opinion doesn't matter (no offense, but a bandwagon opinion is more often than not one person's opinion instead of the say 50 thousand people saying it).

    challenge modes fulfill this roll perfectly, so there's no need for heroics to be "super omg hardcore" anymore. they'll still wipe people if they're braindead or standing in crap.

  14. #54
    The Patient natureca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    255
    Like most people have said, they kinda got rid of the idea that Heroics were the top tier 5 man dungeon you do as a max-level character. Now they are more in line with what normal mode's were and if you want a challenge well you go and do challenge modes . Personally I think it's perfect, because challenge modes let those that love doing 5 man's keep doing them without out gearing them and give them a way of feeling like they are competing for server first without having to have a huge guild. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of small guides absolutely loving challenge modes because it gives them something challenging to do without having to form up a slightly bigger guild to tackle 10man raids.
    Desktop - AMD FX-8120 @ 3.8ghz - 8GB DDR3 OCZ - Sapphire 7870
    Laptop - M11X. Revision1 - 1.7ghz ULV Dual Core - 4GB DDR2 - GT335M


  15. #55
    I am ok with the difficulty BECAUSE there are challenge modes. When Cata came out, as a tank/healer, I refused to que without 2-3 more ppl I knew in my group. It wasn't worth the headache. DPS primarily would cheat the ilvl min and then blame me for wipes because they were used to WoTLK stand in fire and get healed through it play style.

    I can get geared now by LFD and then do the challenge modes with my guildmates. Though I would prefer people be able to play their class, blizz has catered to the lowest common denominator too long so now they can't go back. Even know, asking a mellee not to stand in the brew on the ground, or to click a bubble, or stack is almost too much to ask.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricksterjim View Post
    I am ok with the difficulty BECAUSE there are challenge modes. When Cata came out, as a tank/healer, I refused to que without 2-3 more ppl I knew in my group. It wasn't worth the headache. DPS primarily would cheat the ilvl min and then blame me for wipes because they were used to WoTLK stand in fire and get healed through it play style.

    I can get geared now by LFD and then do the challenge modes with my guildmates. Though I would prefer people be able to play their class, blizz has catered to the lowest common denominator too long so now they can't go back. Even know, asking a mellee not to stand in the brew on the ground, or to click a bubble, or stack is almost too much to ask.
    I find this post humorous because I cheat my ilevel 100% of the time no matter which role I'm playing. I cheated on my ilevel to get into the heroics in MoP on my warrior tank. I cheated on my ilevel in Cata on my warrior tank too. I'll cheat on my ilevel on my alts and I'll cheat to get into LFR. I'm pretty sure most people do too.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Conscious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South Boston, MA.
    Posts
    4,238
    Easier than end of Wrath heroics, that's for sure.
    GYP! Fanboy?

    "The main problem with that strategy is that we don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Well.. there are raids, LFR, pet battles, challenge modes, world pvp, BGs, rated BGs, arenas (2s, 3s, 5s,). there is A LOT of shit to do.
    Wich are almost all cleared within 2-4 weeks of the moment they are released. You can act like there is a lot to do, but there is in fact not. But nowadays pet battles is considered to be max lvl content so I lost hope for most people out there anyway. :P

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I find this post humorous because I cheat my ilevel 100% of the time no matter which role I'm playing. I cheated on my ilevel to get into the heroics in MoP on my warrior tank. I cheated on my ilevel in Cata on my warrior tank too. I'll cheat on my ilevel on my alts and I'll cheat to get into LFR. I'm pretty sure most people do too.
    The problem in Cat was that there were only a few regular dungeons at 85, and the rewards were total crap. So ridiculous repetition for crap rewards is not a good design to get people to do your content, so yeah people are going to skip it. In MoP you aren't even meant to do regulars at 90, my gear level at the moment on my 89 ret pally is 437, and I have not done anything other than quests, so 440 isn't a big stretch.(and actually I have farmed the brewfest trinket which I can use the second I hit 90 which should push me over the top). Now you can no longer cheat with PvP gear since iLevel is determined only using PvE stats, so now the only way to cheat is using higher ilevel off spec gear.

    The reality though is this, if you cheated your ass off to get into LFR but know how to play your class you will still out DPS the guy in full epics that doesn't know what the hell he is doing. The people you don't want there are the people who cheated AND don't know what the hell they are doing.
    Last edited by jbombard; 2012-10-03 at 01:15 AM.

  20. #60
    I like the difficulty of heroics. Complete noobs still fail but they're easy for people that have some idea of what they are doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •