Poll: What do you think of heroic dungeon difficulty?

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    they really should not be called "heroic" dungeons.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    So the only content meant to be even remotely challenging is the absolute top-end content?
    That's embarassing
    Because they are no gold time challenge mode right?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    So the only content meant to be even remotely challenging is the absolute top-end content?
    That's embarassing
    Why? PVP is challenging to , challenge modes are challenging so i cant find the problem really.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Because they are no gold time challenge mode right?
    Sorry, I should clarify. Challenging content with gear progression.
    I assumed you would read the context, how foolish of me

What is with all these stupid Polls with just 2 options and it's always complete opposites ....

I'm going to Vote to easy, but it's not by much at all... Some of the bosses still have some interesting and tricky mechanics that without performing the fight correctly can be disastrous (Rattlegore, Lillian Voss etc), and some trash can require good interrupts or the tank popping some kind of CD unless your healer is exceptional.

So Yes I do think they're 'to easy', but honestly it's not by much, if the difficulty was just slightly higher it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes, you are right but why does Blizz have to do this? So people who couldn't even do a heroic now feel special because they can faceroll Heroics and I guess now challenge is the leet new instance? So stupid. What is normal then? I'm a complete idiot who can't even think for 2 seconds straight so I need normal?
    There is no normal.

Also, they're man's... so srs business.

Time for challenge modes then i guess? awesome! :L)

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect difficulty. If I am tired it is fine, I still pull enough DPS and won't die due to some instant kill. They are not a 30min-1hr trudge through CCing pack and everything. If you want true difficulty, do challenge modes.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I think the heroics are fine for the time being, my only concern is that a tier two down the line we'll be murdering bosses in a matter of seconds á la Wrath and very late Cataclysm. Fortunately there are some fun mechanics that you can't just afk your way through, which should keep things enjoyable, but I'm just a tad concerned that gear scaling will overtake them very quickly.

It'd be a shame if we ended up with a huge gulf between "boringly easy heroics" and "brutally punishing challenge modes". I feel like there's a middle band of players who'd be left rather unsatisfied if that were the case.

Deleted
    For how long will the challenge modes actually be challenging?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endor-location

ret healing a heroic just hours after dinging 90 with very very low gear level... I do not think that heroics should be insanely challenging but this is silly
    Last edited by swunt; 2012-10-02 at 11:14 PM. Reason: wrong link

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesis View Post
    For how long will the challenge modes actually be challenging?
    Considering the Gear level is normalized and after doing a few they are extremely punishing ... A very long time?

Even when people figure out perfect comps for certain dungeons and upload Youtube Videos of how it's done, it's still going to be a long time before any form of average player comes even close to Gold.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Congratulations, but what are you going to do tomorrow? Or 2 months from now? The problem with easy content is that players eat it up almost instantly, and then unsub. I don't know why Blizzard promotes such a system that hurts their sub numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Well.. there are raids, LFR, pet battles, challenge modes, world pvp, BGs, rated BGs, arenas (2s, 3s, 5s,). there is A LOT of shit to do.

You beat me too it
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well well well look at this.

People whined to hell in wotlk because of 5 man content being extremely faceroll. Blizzard makes heroics harder in cataclysm and people proceed to whine that they don't wanna spend 45min - 1hour in an heroic and that they're hard.

Blizzard warned before MoP that it's heroics would be somewhere between wotlk and cata (who are we kidding, they're wotlk lvl). And now people whine?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    The easiest top-level content bar scenarios that awards weak, blue quality gear is easy? Surprising.

If you want a challenge, perhaps you should try, oh, I don't know, challenge modes?
    There is no point in doing challenge modes. It provides no better rewards. Cosmetic stuff is useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're fine, why have difficult heroics when there are challenge modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    There is no point in doing challenge modes. It provides no better rewards. Cosmetic stuff is useless.
    Then don't do them, but if it's a challenge you want that's why they are there. Heroics are for gearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Based on your logic, they really shouldn't be called "honor" points either. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Probably not, but it's just kind of the name that has stuck as "Max level dungeons" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Probably not, but it's just kind of the name that has stuck as "Max level dungeons" doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well :P
    Which is exactly why they're still called Heroic.
    90 Heroics should be entry level content to gear up at 90, that's it. They are not supposed to be hard.

Was a blue post not so long ago regarding this.
    But no, they're not too easy (who gets to judge that?) either.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Which is exactly why they're still called Heroic.
    90 Heroics should be entry level content to gear up at 90, that's it. They are not supposed to be hard.

Was a blue post not so long ago regarding this.
    But no, they're not too easy (who gets to judge that?) either.
    The total number of players who controls what they spend their money on is who gets to judge weither the dungeons are off or just-right.
    ~The ultimate lesson of Cataclysm. ^_^