Deleted

The 'atonement' part of healing is very gimmicky and almost unnecessary.

I believe it stems from the fact they wanted to make healers able to level solo quests but the result is in a heated situation you aren't going to use it. The mana depletion because of it is just huge. It seems like a 'fun' thing for faceroll 5mans or for limited soloing of mobs but in a real hot situation, you aren't going to be jabbing.

It seems to need either to make it very very cheap or to reward actual healing much more indirectly by using it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find soothing mist RNG chi generation is lacking and surging will drain it even faster than jab. Expel harm and renewing mist have cds so jab is the best for on-demand healing. Having 2 stacks of serpent's zeal is not "gimmicky", its mana efficient almost mana neutral heals which is great for times of low mana. ReM on cd > jab (need chi) > BoK for SZ stack > TP for TP stack > uplift for more than 8 targets > chi burst. Soothing > enveloping > surging for tank spikes as needed.
    Check out my blog about my monk at www.zenpilgrimage.com. Mistfit of OVERCLOCKED, [US] Proudmoore

Deleted
    Have you actually tried this at max level or just making a topic for a random statement? Mana depletion is far from huge. The amount of chi you spend makes you possible to use glyphed mana tea with 2 stacks very very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Have you actually tried this at max level or just making a topic for a random statement?
    I also want to know what your experience is so far.

There's no way emimence is going to be viable to heal in raids as we simply don't do enough DPS if it's going to be viable it will be DPSing while also healing, to begin with I found myself running out of mana quickly but since then I have gotten a fair amount of spirit and regen, so I no longer feel stressed for mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    I also want to know what your experience is so far.

There's no way emimence is going to be viable to heal in raids as we simply don't do enough DPS if it's going to be viable it will be DPSing while also healing, to begin with I found myself running out of mana quickly but since then I have gotten a fair amount of spirit and regen, so I no longer feel stressed for mana.
    Why are people having so many problems with mana when using eminence...jesus its like a mistweaver marathon circus here...

All you do is jab 3 times (given you have power strikes) blackout kick twice, jab 4 times, tiger palm 4x, jab once, tiger palm once, then auto attack, during that time use mana tea and you should gain 24k+ mana given you have the glyph like you should.

While auto attacking I put out 8k heals x2 with my statue and I regain mana during that. Granted its not alot but your still doing some dps and your still healing low.

I just don't get it, is it really so hard to understand? I only oom when the tank is a retard about migitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Snip
    My apologies for lacking spirit due to questing gear. I didn't say I have problems healing with eminence I said I HAD problems.

Deleted
    Just to show how it's not that mana draining, assuming you keep "busy" and actually heal too. Let's say 1.4 sec GCD and 20 sec window (would need to be 120 sec window to include all uptime/buffs but meh), so 14 globals:
    jab with power strikes
    blackout
    renewing mists
    jab
    blackout
    jab
    tiger palm
    jab
    tiger palm
    renewing mists
    tiger palm
    jab
    jab
    uplift

You used 2x blackout, 3x tiger palm, 1x uplift for a total of 9 chi spent, so you can finish with a glyphed mana tea. You used 2x renewing mists (27.5k mana) and 6x jab (54k mana). My mana regen with foodbuff, flask, trinket procs and tailor cloak enchant is around 14k mp5. Over 20 seconds and finishing with the glyphed mana tea that means 81.5k mana spent and 80k mana returned. Someone correct me if I made any mistakes here, I'm fairly new to this (as are most?) but this is what I get and seems to be really mana neutral. That's not even counting possible MTT's or hymns.
    After we set all this up it's not hard to keep it up (on the condition we can stay in melee range of anything we can attack) and can spent chi on other things that actually heal instead of building up buffs.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2012-10-03 at 01:26 AM.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    No idea what you're on about.

It's basically free healing man. Just keep fist-weawing while using instants in-between. Especially awesome with the Price of Progress trinket as it procs quite a lot off our fistweaving.

It might be a bit mana-intensive at first but once you actually get 450+ gear at 90 you barely lose any mana.

Jab is way more effective at Chi-generation than Soothing Mist and you wont be using Soothing Mist that much in raids anyways as you wont be the one tank-healing (or shouldnt be). Just keep fisting away while using ReM, Uplift, Chi Burst/Chi Sphere when needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    Just keep fisting away
    I like the sound of that.

Sorry, this was on the front page when I logged in.

Edit: Yeah I was just being silly. Not actually trying to troll. Carry on.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-10-03 at 07:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I like the sound of that.

Sorry, this was on the front page when I logged in.
    I see what you did there.

Nasty.

got a question about mana tea glyph. It says it consumes 2 stacks, but are those 2 stacks for 4% mana (reducing the efficiency of mana tea by 50%) or it's still 2 stacks for 8% mana return?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    got a question about mana tea glyph. It says it consumes 2 stacks, but are those 2 stacks for 4% mana (reducing the efficiency of mana tea by 50%) or it's still 2 stacks for 8% mana return?
    Still 2 stacks as in 8%.

Deleted
    Are we actually playing the same class? I use melee abilities to spend chi all the time and the healing from it is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    It still gives you 8%, it just limits the amount of stacks you can use to 2.

ach thanks, I can see now why this glyph is useful
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Melee is essential for our AoE healing, its not for single target healing. Don't look at it as attonement v2, because that's not what it is. Attonement is a decent amount of single target healing for the lowest health member of your raid. Eminence is to passively put out light aoe healing while generating chi (which is your only source of AoE healing outside of renewing mists). Your only options for generating chi are Renewing mists (1c per 8 seconds), Soothing mists (25% chance to proc, unreliable), and Jab (1c per GCD). You use this to fully take advantage of your secondary resource and unlock its potential.

I don't think people realize how 3d our secondary resource is and how to fully take advantage of it.

Yea, it's amazing just how much Chi you end up with when going into Melee... although I half expect Soothing Mists to get changed somewhere down the line to give more stable Chi (e.g. 1 on the cast then 25% per tick).

It was stated pre Beta that they don't want Monks forced into Melee, they want us to have the option of standing at the back, but Chi generation is too limited/random without using Jab, perhaps even CJL could get a look in if they want us to primarily generate Chi through damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    one chi on cast of soothing mists would be two good, because soothing mist has an initial instant heal, and in fact you can rapidly one-tick Soothing Mists into several party members in rapid succession to top them off.

it would be better if the proc chance had a hidden internal stack like Nightfall does for procing Soulshards to Affliction warlocks. Everytime Soothing mists ticks the chance to proc a chi gets higher and higher until it procs. 1 tick-15%, 2 tick-30%, 3 tick-45%. that would tend to normallize the proc rate and make it feel more smooth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    one chi on cast of soothing mists would be two good, because soothing mist has an initial instant heal, and in fact you can rapidly one-tick Soothing Mists into several party members in rapid succession to top them off.

it would be better if the proc chance had a hidden internal stack like Nightfall does for procing Soulshards to Affliction warlocks. Everytime Soothing mists ticks the chance to proc a chi gets higher and higher until it procs. 1 tick-15%, 2 tick-30%, 3 tick-45%. that would tend to normallize the proc rate and make it feel more smooth.
    I like this idea!

I don't understand the problem with Emminence healing either. I actually went OOM much faster when I had to ranged heal, because I can't generate mana tea stacks to keep using Mana Tea on cooldown. Anecdotal evidence, but I was holding my own against two resto druids with a full tier better gear than me (them ~463 to my ~450) using Fistweaving, and I was able to keep going for at least five-six minutes.

I suspect if we ever see a change to chi generation it will be one of the following

A) Soothing mists has an increased proc chance for every tick that doesn't proc one
    B) Soothing mists will proc 1c every other tick (or 3 ticks, tracked internally)
    C) We'll see a set bonus that increases % chance for soothing mists chi proc (Sidenote: I bet we'll see a set bonus that reduces the chi cost of enveloping mist to 2c)

15+ Year Old Account
    A set bonus making Enveloping Mists cheaper would have to be for later tiers. It heals for a truckload compared to other healer's greater heals.

I could actually see a glyph making it cost only 2 chi, but heal for 25% less.